Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Just like MacArthur

Offline Alpha Niner Niner Smith

Just like MacArthur
on: January 17, 2007, 03:58:57 AM
I have returned.  This site has really grown since the last time I was here.  Not too shabby at all.  I have been away for about three months on yet another tour in the Sandbox, and my LM Core was a constant companion and a great help.  Many of the troops had other multis but I made sure they were all carrying Leathermans.  Some of my tech boys insisted on their SOGs and I let them, but I issued Cores to the rest of the boys.  The techs don't get their hands dirty anyways so they don't need the same kind of hard core tools the grunts do. 

I decided to get a little fancy this time and issue a few Surge's to some of my better guys but I ended up trading them back to the Cores since the sand kept getting caught in the lock mechanism and blade channels.  It's not exactly a design flaw, but it's an unacceptable issue in the desert. 

The Core performed well, handling concertina wire, prying open ammo crates, fixing equipment and of course opening panels for inspection which is something I do twice a day.  Nothing is allowed to go wrong in my station.  The station I command (I am one of several commanders who are rotated in and out every three months) and my job is making certain that no matter how much smurf hits the fan, Uncle Sam has an exit.  We cover two runways set up for c-130's and if pressed a Galaxy can land there, but the pilot's gotta be on the ball.  Like I said, we can't allow anything to go wrong.

No other tool can come close to the Core, and it's made in the good old US of A.  What more could you want?
O

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Re: Just like MacArthur
Reply #1 on: January 17, 2007, 04:01:41 AM
Welcome back.  Sounds like you have been giving those tools a hell of a workout!

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #2 on: January 17, 2007, 04:08:47 AM
Glad to have you back Alpha!
(In addition to all the other thanks we owe you,) I'd like to say thanks for the multitool report. I guess I never thought too much about sand as an issue when choosing a multitool, but now that you mention it, I can see why the Core would be a great choice.
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

us Offline CQC-7

• No Life Club
  • Right Wing Psychopath!
Reply #3 on: January 17, 2007, 06:18:29 AM
Welcome back soldier.  Thanks to you and all of those guys for doing what yall have to do do! :)

us Offline hawkchucker

• No Life Club
  • I miss Benner
Reply #4 on: January 17, 2007, 10:52:53 PM
Glad to have ya back, and very interesting on the surge.
S

us Offline LatinoHeat

• The man with the plan and the really nice tan.
Reply #5 on: January 19, 2007, 02:57:37 AM
10-4 on the sand thing, Aplha niner niner smith.  I work at a gator park here in Florida, and am either rolling around the sand with gators, or doing some other down and dirty work in or around sand and water.  I have a Wave, which my wife gave to me and I love.  However, the same thing happens to it, with the sand getting in the locks and what not.  So, I've been using the Leatherman Blast now for a while, and it works out better for me.  Doesn't "feel" as sturdy as the Wave, but performs well (has actually OUT performed the Wave on a few occasions), and has stood up to abuse very well.  However, the main thing is the sand issue.  Doesn't have the same locks or nooks and crannys for sand to get into.  A more practical and useable model for a multitool, I guess.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%