Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Movie Remakes

wales Offline magentus

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • mmmmm SAKrelicious
Re: Movie Remakes
Reply #30 on: October 01, 2015, 04:24:55 PM
Or Hollywood remakes of the 'Girl with the Dragon Tattoo'  series by Stieg Larsson

Or the super/spiderman reboots so hot on the heels of the the previous reboots

Or pointless remakes (Total Recall etc) sequels (Tron etc)

I think Hollywood has long run out of ideas. It's all franchises now and as much as I will look forward to the new Star Wars I can really easily live without it and all the Marvel and DC, Mission Impossible, Fast and Spurious, etc etc crap they keep pedalling
'Use the force Harry' - Gandalf

us Offline ThundahBeagle

• No Life Club
Reply #31 on: October 27, 2017, 09:42:53 PM
Robocop reboot was soulless. Some interesting ideas thrown in, but soulless. In the original, Wellers voice was made to bubble up when the human side was getting its dander up. And his pantomiming of an animatronic arm handing his pistol to his partner was a very good subtle touch.

Battlestar Galactica - give me the bus-driver jacket and motorcycle boot-wearing colonials vs. shiny robotic Kiss concert with laser show Cylons all day long. The title is "Battlestar" Galactica, not soap opera Galactica. Leave the intrigue to Baltar.

New Star Trek (2009 on) is still light years more fun ride than any Star Wars movie made by Lucas between 1997 and 2007. I don't mind the new players as original crew and think that Karl Urban as Bones McCoy is the best thing since DeForrest Kelley. When you really watch the old stuff, Bones actually got all the best lines. What I hate about new Trek is that they went to all the trouble to get into the alternate timeline, and still, lazy writing brought us Khan in part 2, and destroys the Enterprise while they make off in the enemy's ship in part 3. The new ones are fun, but extremely lazy writing.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2017, 09:53:28 PM by ThundahBeagle »

us Offline ThundahBeagle

• No Life Club
Reply #32 on: October 27, 2017, 09:52:16 PM
Also saw no reason at all for Hollywood to remake Girl With The Dragon Tattoo. Waste of time. Original was very good and practically no time had passed between productions.

I do like the Dark Knight series for what it is, but liked the old comic book feel of the 1989 and second one with Cat Pfeiffer.

I thought Henry Cavill' s Man of Steel was good. I only didn't like that Lois knows who he is.

Tobey McGuire is Peter Parker for me. He did such a nice job. And JK Simmons as J. Jonah Jameson was perfect.
-Boss, your wife is on the line. She says she lost her checkbook.
-Thanks for the good news! (hangs up on her).
Good stuff

us Offline ThundahBeagle

• No Life Club
Reply #33 on: October 27, 2017, 10:06:57 PM
Go find and watch Fall of the Roman Empire (c. 1964?) with Alex Guiness and the luscious, gorgeous, smoldering Sofia Loren. Then 're-watch Gladiator and tell me somebody doesn't owe someboey else some royalties.

wales Offline Smashie

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Smurf it!
Reply #34 on: October 27, 2017, 10:19:22 PM
So tired of remakes and turning films into TV series (the Punisher, Lethal Weapon etc.)
“Strong minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, weak minds discuss people.” - Socrates
"I'm not feeling very talky today, off you smurf". - Smashie
Complaining is mental preparation for failure.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21
Site Currency: USD