Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Off-Brand Challenge - ETHEREALICER - Böker City Tool / SWIZA D04

no Offline Grathr

• Absolutely No Life Club
Re: Off-Brand Challenge - ETHEREALICER - Böker City Tool / SWIZA D04
Reply #210 on: December 04, 2015, 09:33:53 AM

[---]

Im sorry, but I dont really see the proplem, and I dont see the relevance of your example.

1. Swiza are not producing knives for the army.
2. Its not a question of it not belonging on MTO, its a question wether it should be in the swiss army knights forum or somewhere else. If you read through the thread you can read arguments for and against this, and a suggestion of making a multifunction pocket knife subforum where Swiza, Boker, sheffield, Case.... belong.
I feel that the discussion was a fairly sensible and balanced one and people got to voice their opinions. 

I understand that your opinion is that Swiza are SAKs, but according to the poll the majority disagrees with you.

Lastly, Im sorry if you got offended by the poll, that was never my intention.

Who wants to kill his dog accuses it of rabies...

SAK or only SK this question arises for the first time about knives made in Switzerland. I can't believe it is accidentally...

A majority agree an insulting poll, that's OK... But don't forget there is only a few years apartheid existed in South Africa and black people could not sit down in buses in America. There was at this time also a majority which approved and justified that with polls…

So,  you are comparing a fairly innocent poll about a multitool to apartheid and racism to prove your point.

I think you are taking this too far.
I suggest we let this topic cool down and focus on something positive in stead.
:cheers:

-Knívleysur maður er lívleysur maður.
 "A Knifeless man is a lifeless man" old Faroese proverb.

fr Offline jcfiguet

Reply #211 on: December 04, 2015, 10:32:47 AM

So,  you are comparing a fairly innocent poll about a multitool to apartheid and racism to prove your point.

I think you are taking this too far.
I suggest we let this topic cool down and focus on something positive in stead.
:cheers:

I am sorry, but I cannot believe that this poll is so innocent...
The history showed for a long time that the segregation started like that.
The new segregation SAK/SK appears for the first time at the birth of a new brand… Strange !

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • I may get older but I refuse to grow up.
Reply #212 on: December 04, 2015, 10:47:03 AM
Jean Claude, you're free to believe whatever you wish, but it seems you are the only one who feels that way. Comparing a poll on an internet forum with apartheid and racism is far fetched at best. :shrug:

And it seems you're getting getting way to personal into this and this might turn into a political discussion which are not allowed on this forum. Keep that in mind. :salute:

wales Offline magentus

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • mmmmm SAKrelicious
Reply #213 on: December 04, 2015, 10:50:27 AM
jcfiguet, this has been an interesting thread with good will all round.

Pesonally I have no feelings either way about the swiza and you are entitled to love it as others are to not love it.

I find it offensive though, that you are comparing peoples perfectly valid opinions (put across with consideration, care and knowledge) with apartheid  and have to agree with Grathr that this has gone too far..
'Use the force Harry' - Gandalf

no Offline Grathr

Off-Brand Challenge - ETHEREALICER - Böker City Tool / SWIZA D04
Reply #214 on: December 04, 2015, 10:51:23 AM
For the record: jcfiguet, I see you added 6 paragraphs of text to your post after I answered it.

Other than that, Ill let this topic go now.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 10:52:44 AM by Grathr »
-Knívleysur maður er lívleysur maður.
 "A Knifeless man is a lifeless man" old Faroese proverb.

gr Offline firiki

• Cats have pocket knives of their own
Reply #215 on: December 04, 2015, 11:01:28 AM

You say "Some people take the SAK definition more literally than others"... Yes it's true ! Especially at the birth of a new brand and a new competitor!
Since the WW2 period, all english speaking persons called "SAK" all folding knives made in Switzerland. SAK became a generic word even used in other languages. But after the birth of Swiza some people want to make a separation between "Swiss Knives" and "Swiss Army Knives"... I'm sorry but IMO this separation looks like the Apartheid in South Africa !

Hé ho, holà! Jean-Claude, vous n'allez quand même pas me traiter de raciste à cause de ma critique d'un fabricant des couteaux de poche pretentieux, surtout non quand vous venez d'ignorer de manière majestueuse l'intégralité du message de ce minable de grec et les arguments présentés là dedans. C'en est trop.

Par ailleurs, j'insiste:

Then, of course, there's the can opener design, so innovative they just had to copy VICTORINOX's.  :rofl:

:pok:

Omnia vincit amor. Vae victis.

gr Offline firiki

• Cats have pocket knives of their own
Reply #216 on: December 04, 2015, 11:11:18 AM

The problem is not my opinion but your judgement and your sentence :
You think that the publicity of Swiza is too noisy, I can understand, you do not like some tools, or the line or the blade I can understand too.
But I do not understand that you seek to separate SAK from SK during creation of a new brand of knives in Switzerland.
SAK is a generic term that all the world understands, this term was used during very a long time and nobody disputed it.
Today, to make a distinction of term only for Swiza does not seem to me very honest.
If you do not wish to create a subforum for Swiza among the other SAK, you are free, but in this case Multitool.org will be practically the only one to not do it.

SWIZA make the distinction themselves :whistle:

As for being the only ones not to have a SWIZA subforum (!); in some places clitoridectomy is practiced. Should this be the case everywhere in the world? I don't think so.

Be honest, Jean-Claude,  are you a SWIZA shareholder?
« Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 11:12:31 AM by firiki »
Omnia vincit amor. Vae victis.

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #217 on: December 04, 2015, 11:30:14 AM
This kind of posting stops now thanks. Turn around and walk away. Come back when you can play nice.   :cheers:

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #218 on: December 04, 2015, 11:42:07 AM
Thank you jcfiguet but that was not a suggestion.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%