Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Skeletool RX?

us Offline captain spaulding

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
Skeletool RX?
on: October 03, 2015, 05:57:32 AM
I was looking at sheaths on Leathermans website and was looking at the capability and noticed all the way at the bottom of the list is the Skeletool RX. I thought it may of been a misprint for the CX, but nope. The CX and SX are listed already. Is there a Skeletool RX in the making and someone slipped up at Leatherman by putting it in the capability list?

http://www.leatherman.com/large-molle-sheath-brown-405.html
I'm the milk man!

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Re: Skeletool RX?
Reply #1 on: October 03, 2015, 06:12:39 AM
Interesting. It's on a couple of the other works with lists too.

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #2 on: October 03, 2015, 06:14:56 AM

us Offline Kampfer

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Tactical Desk Jockey
Reply #3 on: October 03, 2015, 06:30:46 AM
Interesting
EDC: Black Talon, Black Cat, Spirit, LD02

us Offline sLaughterMed

• No Life Club
  • Nothing's typical around here
Reply #4 on: October 03, 2015, 06:35:19 AM
Nice catch Zoidy!
If I had to guess, Leatherman is getting ready to announce some new tools...
What do you think the knifeless rebar will have? Scissors, and maybe that sweet blade exchanger from a ST300EOD?maybe theyll throw in a large bit driver too and drop th can opnener, or more likely a flathead

I can dream...
Laughter is the best Medicine
Slaughter is just Laughter with an "S"

We are looking for Multitool Encyclopedia Editors! If you are interested, please give me a PM!

The Multitool Encyclopedia Editing for Dummies Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65751.0.html
Multitool Encyclopedia Suggested Edits Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65746.0.html

us Offline sLaughterMed

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: October 03, 2015, 06:38:13 AM
Knifeless Rebar.  :ahhh  http://www.leatherman.com/gray-nylon-sheath-4-309.html
Id also jist like to point out that the Camo Fuse is te only fuse variation listed, but LM made sure to include 3 skeletool variations... is a standard fuse too much bigger than a camo one? :D

We are looking for Multitool Encyclopedia Editors! If you are interested, please give me a PM!

The Multitool Encyclopedia Editing for Dummies Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65751.0.html
Multitool Encyclopedia Suggested Edits Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65746.0.html

us Offline sLaughterMed

• No Life Club
Reply #6 on: October 03, 2015, 06:44:26 AM
Also, no sign of the signal on any of tese sheaths compatibility lists (yes I checked)

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #7 on: October 03, 2015, 07:09:25 AM

If they do a knifeless Rebar Leatherman will be winning me back.  :ahhh
I'm the milk man!

wales Offline hiraethus

• Admin Team
  • I brake for cake
Reply #8 on: October 03, 2015, 07:17:36 AM
Knifeless Rebar sounds like a great idea, would love to see it in production. Hopefully it'll have extra tools (Bit driver? Scissors?) and not just some dead space.

us Offline Kampfer

• Tactical Desk Jockey
Reply #9 on: October 03, 2015, 07:25:34 AM
Id also jist like to point out that the Camo Fuse is te only fuse variation listed, but LM made sure to include 3 skeletool variations... is a standard fuse too much bigger than a camo one? :D
Same size

gb Offline AimlessWanderer

• Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not a pessimist, I'm an experienced optimist!
Reply #10 on: October 03, 2015, 10:21:46 AM
Forget the knifeless Rebar, and bring out the improved ergonomics version with proper pliers  ::) I've tried the Rebar format twice, and won't be trying a third time.... and neither will I be trying any Skeletools variants again either.

Poor ergonomics are not improved by changing the tools you put inside them :facepalm:

The cantankerous but occasionally useful member, formally known as 50ft-trad

us Offline sLaughterMed

• No Life Club
Reply #11 on: October 03, 2015, 03:26:42 PM
Same size
'twas a joke Kampfer

us Offline Demel

• No Life Club
Reply #12 on: October 03, 2015, 05:27:06 PM
Maybe a Rebar and Skeletool with scissors. Hopefully Leatherman is drawing up a comeback before the year is out
"Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful." -John Wooden

us Offline rdub934

• No Life Club
  • Without POL, pilots are pedestrians
Reply #13 on: October 03, 2015, 08:22:42 PM
This would explain why no new patent applications on Trademarkia yet (although sometimes they do wait until last quarter to file). They don't need to file for variations on existing tools with the same name. I figured that meant we would be seeing some updates, refinements and/or new variations.

I am hopping the Rebar knifeless will feature sissors

Skeletool RX - rescue? pharmacy?
"I wanna introduce you to a very personal friend of mine. This is an M41A pulse rifle. Ten millimeter with over-and-under thirty millimeter pump action grenade launcher." - Cpl Hicks

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • I may get older but I refuse to grow up.
Reply #14 on: October 03, 2015, 08:25:56 PM
Well people were asking for a skele with something else than a knife. Scissors would be the logical choice but I'm guessing some kind of strap cutter / glass breaker combo due to the R as in Rescue. :think:

us Offline NKlamerus

• No Life Club
  • Captain's Apprentice
Reply #15 on: October 03, 2015, 09:02:33 PM
Well people were asking for a skele with something else than a knife. Scissors would be the logical choice but I'm guessing some kind of strap cutter / glass breaker combo due to the R as in Rescue. :think:
Scissors is definetly the logical choice.

So is it scissors, probably not. Lol

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #16 on: October 03, 2015, 10:03:18 PM
Scissors is definetly the logical choice.

So is it scissors, probably not. Lol

I was going to say the same thing. If the logical option is one thing Leatherman will do the opposite of course.

Please oh please prove me wrong Leatherman.
I'm the milk man!

us Offline NKlamerus

• No Life Club
  • Captain's Apprentice
Reply #17 on: October 03, 2015, 10:06:21 PM
Even though we are a smallish customer base, I don't understand why Leatherman doesn't have an official representative member here.

We all know the peek around the site but some responses would be great lol

us Offline Kampfer

• Tactical Desk Jockey
Reply #18 on: October 03, 2015, 10:14:27 PM
I am thinking RX = some kind of rescue cutter, maybe serrated blade with cutting hook like Charge ALX

nz Offline babola

• No Life Club
  • The Tinkerer
Reply #19 on: October 03, 2015, 11:03:38 PM
I am thinking RX = some kind of rescue cutter, maybe serrated blade with cutting hook like Charge ALX

Let's hope their "all looks no function" marketing strategy of late doesn't take over again and the RX ends up being a Skele with Racing stripes.
EDC and OCD. A wicked mix.

us Offline Yadda

• No Life Club
  • Lifelike and remarkably self similar
Reply #20 on: October 04, 2015, 12:02:48 AM
RX- maybe a pharmacist version with a pallet knife for counting pills...... :rofl:
"It didn't hurt, flirt, blood squirt, stuffed shirt, hang me on a tree
After I count down three rounds, in Hell I'll be in good company" -  The Dead South

us Offline rishardh

• No Life Club
Reply #21 on: October 04, 2015, 01:11:02 AM
RX- maybe a pharmacist version with a pallet knife for counting pills...... :rofl:

:rofl: nice one. :clap:

us Offline Demel

• No Life Club
Reply #22 on: October 04, 2015, 02:30:32 AM

Let's hope their "all looks no function" marketing strategy of late doesn't take over again and the RX ends up being a Skele with Racing stripes.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
"Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful." -John Wooden

ph Offline Zephon

Reply #23 on: October 04, 2015, 03:31:50 AM
A skelletool with a sheepsfoot fully serrated blade.... And with the Victorinox coke spoon on the other end instead of a bitchanger system....

us Offline rdub934

• No Life Club
Reply #24 on: October 04, 2015, 03:32:57 AM
sigh  :facepalm:

Anyways, I really wish they would add a tool to the other handle. The bit storage doesn't really do anything for me, but a pair of scissors or a saw or some sort of combo tool over there would be a significant improvement IMHO. I know a lot of people really dig the extra bit storage, though.

Scary thought - what if the other handle gets the whistle/fire striker from the Signal?  :ahhh

:D
"I wanna introduce you to a very personal friend of mine. This is an M41A pulse rifle. Ten millimeter with over-and-under thirty millimeter pump action grenade launcher." - Cpl Hicks

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #25 on: October 04, 2015, 03:34:23 AM
sigh  :facepalm:

Anyways, I really wish they would add a tool to the other handle. The bit storage doesn't really do anything for me, but a pair of scissors or a saw or some sort of combo tool over there would be a significant improvement IMHO. I know a lot of people really dig the extra bit storage, though.

Scary thought - what if the other handle gets the whistle/fire striker from the Signal?  :ahhh

:D

If they do that I will boycott Leatherman.  :D
I'm the milk man!

us Offline rdub934

• No Life Club
Reply #26 on: October 04, 2015, 03:36:08 AM
...instead of a bitchanger system....

I had an ex-girlfirend that suffered from extreme bitchanger. Scary stuff. Glad to move on from her.

:rofl:

au Offline gregozedobe

• Apparently it is possible to have too many tools;)
Reply #27 on: October 04, 2015, 03:41:05 AM
And with the Victorinox coke spoon on the other end instead of a bitchanger system....

I don't know why, but I initially read that as a "bitch anger" system and was all confused for a moment  :facepalm:

Maybe it was because of all the negative comments aimed at LM ?
babola: "Enjoy your tools and don't be afraid to air your opinion and feelings here, but do it in courteous and respectable way toward others, of course."

us Offline sawman

• You're amongst friends.
Reply #28 on: October 04, 2015, 03:49:05 AM
Based on the Skeletool surfing tool (SX?) I'm not getting my hopes up on this one. That said, I would hope they take this as a chance to redeem themselves.
SAW

us Offline ironraven

• No Life Club
  • American Clandestine Materials Executive (ACME)
Reply #29 on: October 05, 2015, 05:04:22 AM

If they were to make it a layer thinner/lighter and remove the blades, leaving just the tools, then that is the tool I've wanted for the past five years. I'd buy four of them in a heart beat if I had the cash. If they took out the medium strraight driver, can opener and their rather "meh" awl in favor of a bit driver....
"Even if it is only the handful of people I meet on the street, or in my home, I can still protect them with this one sword" Kenshin Himura

Necessity is the mother of invention. If you're not ready, it's "a mother". If you are, it's "mom".

"I love democracy" Sheev Palpatine, upon his election to Chancellor.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%