Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Skeletool RX?

us Offline Sazabi

• Absolutely No Life Club
Re: Skeletool RX?
Reply #30 on: October 05, 2015, 04:11:34 PM
RX- maybe a pharmacist version with a pallet knife for counting pills...... :rofl:

I would be ok with that; sad to say my favorite spatulas are wooden handle ones from Pakistan; every single plastic handle/metal spatula advertising one our pharmacy has, I just want to chuck.  Spatulas shouldn't wiggle. >.>

Even better if it has a popper topper to make bottles non-safety lids, which it does (bottle opener), and a foil slicer for liquids bottles.  Best yet, if it could have needle nose pliers for unjamming our damn printers. -_-

us Offline JustinCase

Reply #31 on: October 05, 2015, 09:31:47 PM
According to Leatherman Group Customer Service Representative, the Skeletool RX was a miss-type on the Nylon MOLLE Sheath page and they apologize for the confusion.. ::)
“It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I try a little longer to solve the problem"

wales Offline hiraethus

• Admin Team
  • I brake for cake
Reply #32 on: October 05, 2015, 09:55:28 PM
They're not denying the existence of a Knifeless Rebar though? :pok:

nz Offline babola

• No Life Club
  • The Tinkerer
Reply #33 on: October 05, 2015, 10:17:38 PM
According to Leatherman Group Customer Service Representative, the Skeletool RX was a miss-type on the Nylon MOLLE Sheath page and they apologize for the confusion.. ::)

Glad we got to the bottom of it. I am quite fond and content with my SX and CX skeles, though. For me thee's no need for yet another version.
EDC and OCD. A wicked mix.

us Offline rdub934

• No Life Club
  • Without POL, pilots are pedestrians
Reply #34 on: October 06, 2015, 05:51:45 PM

I'm not buying
"I wanna introduce you to a very personal friend of mine. This is an M41A pulse rifle. Ten millimeter with over-and-under thirty millimeter pump action grenade launcher." - Cpl Hicks

us Offline captain spaulding

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
Reply #35 on: October 07, 2015, 03:34:50 AM

I'm not buying

Me neither. I have a feeling someone messed up and that is a excuse to not raise alarms of new tools. I could be wrong, but I hope they are covering something up as I really hope they reboot the Skeletool and Rebar. I would be more bummed if it actually was a typo and they are doing nothing to either the Skeletool or Rebar.
I'm the milk man!

us Offline Yadda

• No Life Club
  • Lifelike and remarkably self similar
Reply #36 on: October 07, 2015, 04:13:23 AM

I'm not buying

Me neither. I have a feeling someone messed up and that is a excuse to not raise alarms of new tools. I could be wrong, but I hope they are covering something up as I really hope they reboot the Skeletool and Rebar. I would be more bummed if it actually was a typo and they are doing nothing to either the Skeletool or Rebar.

+3
"It didn't hurt, flirt, blood squirt, stuffed shirt, hang me on a tree
After I count down three rounds, in Hell I'll be in good company" -  The Dead South

us Offline WoodsDuck

• No Life Club
  • Duck!
Reply #37 on: October 07, 2015, 10:44:14 AM
RX does seem like a fairly improbable typo. I'll buy that explanation if nothing comes of it by next summer, but until then I consider this up in the air.
I like the idea of a rescue oriented Skeletool, so here's hoping the speculation is on the right track.

us Offline Demel

• No Life Club
Reply #38 on: October 07, 2015, 12:36:15 PM
I dont buy it either. If they do a knifeless rebar it should be removing the blade layers, and fixing the edges to remove the hot spots by the file and saw. Everyone knows how I feel about the skeletool :whistle:
"Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful." -John Wooden

us Offline BIG-TARGET

• No Life Club
  • "Survival must be earned"-Klingon Proverb
Reply #39 on: October 07, 2015, 03:38:32 PM
Skeletool RX= "Prescription Skeletool"??  :think:
"Some rise by sin, and some by virtue fall;
 Some run from breaks of ice, and answer none:
 And some condemned for a fault alone." -William Shakespeare, King Lear (1608), Act IV, scene 6, line 169

gb Offline AimlessWanderer

• Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not a pessimist, I'm an experienced optimist!
Reply #40 on: October 07, 2015, 06:26:44 PM

Skeletool suppository? The other skele's are so frequently likened to what comes out, they decided to make one to go in instead?

The cantankerous but occasionally useful member, formally known as 50ft-trad

us Offline rdub934

• No Life Club
Reply #41 on: October 07, 2015, 09:12:32 PM
RX does seem like a fairly improbable typo. I'll buy that explanation if nothing comes of it by next summer, but until then I consider this up in the air.
I like the idea of a rescue oriented Skeletool, so here's hoping the speculation is on the right track.

That was my line thinking. If RX had been in place of CX or SX on only one product page, then probably. However, the other models are listed and it's mentioned on several pages. Also, R is not all that close to either C or S on the keyboard, so a fat finger scenario is unlikely.
"I wanna introduce you to a very personal friend of mine. This is an M41A pulse rifle. Ten millimeter with over-and-under thirty millimeter pump action grenade launcher." - Cpl Hicks

us Offline rescue4500

Reply #42 on: October 07, 2015, 10:55:53 PM
I want.. no... i DEMAND a knifeless rebar..
If you do things right, people wont be sure you've done anything at all. -Unknown Author

us Offline captain spaulding

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
Reply #43 on: October 07, 2015, 11:22:28 PM

The Capt. approves this message.
I'm the milk man!

us Offline Demel

• No Life Club
Reply #44 on: October 08, 2015, 12:34:43 AM
:viking: :viking: :viking:
"Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful." -John Wooden

us Offline Yadda

• No Life Club
  • Lifelike and remarkably self similar
Reply #45 on: October 08, 2015, 01:09:55 AM
"It didn't hurt, flirt, blood squirt, stuffed shirt, hang me on a tree
After I count down three rounds, in Hell I'll be in good company" -  The Dead South

nz Offline Syncop8r

Reply #46 on: October 08, 2015, 01:10:11 PM
It's the Signal - original name for it was Skeletool RX (Really Xpensive).

us Offline sawman

• You're amongst friends.
Reply #47 on: October 08, 2015, 01:43:50 PM
I got a fever, and the prescription is more cow bell
SAW

us Offline BIG-TARGET

• No Life Club
Reply #48 on: October 08, 2015, 04:10:13 PM
I have nothing against a specialty multitool.  Especially, if it can actually be useful.  Now there has been some specialty MTs made for M-16s, AK-47s, etc.  Still, not a lot of people own them. 
Now if LM(and competitors) want to make a worthwhile specialty MT.  How about one for bicycle owners??  Now THERE is a growth market!  7 billion people on this rock called "Earth", and 3 billion own/ride bicycles.  And the number is growing.

The real trick is to make that type of MT affordable for the guy in some third world country, and uses his bicycle to make a decent living :think:
36820a40fc0cac699e30165a51ddd44a.jpg
* 36820a40fc0cac699e30165a51ddd44a.jpg (Filesize: 86.59 KB)
4d05916cae24724d6e42ec37be35b90c.jpg
* 4d05916cae24724d6e42ec37be35b90c.jpg (Filesize: 86.79 KB)
 And some condemned for a fault alone." -William Shakespeare, King Lear (1608), Act IV, scene 6, line 169

us Offline JustinCase

Reply #49 on: October 08, 2015, 05:57:37 PM
I have nothing against a specialty multitool.  Especially, if it can actually be useful.  Now there has been some specialty MTs made for M-16s, AK-47s, etc.  Still, not a lot of people own them. 
Now if LM(and competitors) want to make a worthwhile specialty MT.  How about one for bicycle owners??  Now THERE is a growth market!  7 billion people on this rock called "Earth", and 3 billion own/ride bicycles.  And the number is growing.

The real trick is to make that type of MT affordable for the guy in some third world country, and uses his bicycle to make a decent living :think:
Maybe I'm right, maybe I'm wrong but the first photo, with the baskets and the conical hats look real, for the rest on them, I smell a photo shop! :D...
“It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I try a little longer to solve the problem"

us Offline Kampfer

• Tactical Desk Jockey
Reply #50 on: October 08, 2015, 07:08:46 PM

EDC: Black Talon, Black Cat, Spirit, LD02

us Offline sLaughterMed

• No Life Club
  • Nothing's typical around here
Reply #51 on: October 09, 2015, 02:49:29 PM

(Image removed from quote.)
I am one of the (apparently) 4 billion that do not own a bike, but I have never seen this OPMT before, and I think it may be the best designed one ive evver seen. I really like that it holds 4 bits. I may need to go find one...
Laughter is the best Medicine
Slaughter is just Laughter with an "S"

We are looking for Multitool Encyclopedia Editors! If you are interested, please give me a PM!

The Multitool Encyclopedia Editing for Dummies Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65751.0.html
Multitool Encyclopedia Suggested Edits Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65746.0.html

us Offline WoodsDuck

• No Life Club
  • Duck!
Reply #52 on: October 09, 2015, 03:37:08 PM
I've seen Mako TI going for under $30 recently. Seems like a good deal.

us Offline BIG-TARGET

• No Life Club
Reply #53 on: October 09, 2015, 03:45:44 PM

My point exactly!!!  :tu:

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #54 on: October 09, 2015, 04:17:34 PM

I am one of the (apparently) 4 billion that do not own a bike, but I have never seen this OPMT before, and I think it may be the best designed one ive evver seen. I really like that it holds 4 bits. I may need to go find one...
It totally misses a tire lever, a function that could have been built in and that is critical for a bike tool.

I mean what is a common problem that needs fixing before you can ride on? Right, a flat tire!
Almost every other problem can be ignored until you are at home.

Personally, I don't consider a tool a "bike-tool" until it features a tire-lever. As a fact I can change tires with the LM bit-card, so that is in my eyes the better bike tool than this OPT.
It wouldn't be the internet without people complaining.

us Offline rdub934

• No Life Club
Reply #55 on: October 09, 2015, 09:02:08 PM

I got a Topeak Mini 20 for $24 - and it does a lot more than a Mako. 7 or 8 sizes of hex, 2 torx, flat and phillips, chain breaker, tire lever, 3 or 4 different sizes/types of spoke wrenches, bottle opener.

Mako is a ripoff by comparison.

us Offline WoodsDuck

• No Life Club
  • Duck!
Reply #56 on: October 09, 2015, 09:14:30 PM

I got a Topeak Mini 20 for $24 - and it does a lot more than a Mako. 7 or 8 sizes of hex, 2 torx, flat and phillips, chain breaker, tire lever, 3 or 4 different sizes/types of spoke wrenches, bottle opener.

Mako is a ripoff by comparison.

This is the first time I've heard of that Topeak tool (haven't been into cycling for a while) but it does look like a good choice. Though it's also not a OPT, so I wouldn't call it a level playing field if more than price point is considered.

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #57 on: October 10, 2015, 11:26:48 AM
Even though we are a smallish customer base, I don't understand why Leatherman doesn't have an official representative member here.

We all know the peek around the site but some responses would be great lol

They do.

Designers for all the companies crawl here incognito, and at least two members of Leatherman management (that I know of) have posted here in the past, one even openly.

They don't usually advertise their presence because they want unbiased feedback that they don't get through other channels.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • I may get older but I refuse to grow up.
Reply #58 on: October 10, 2015, 05:10:58 PM
Even though we are a smallish customer base, I don't understand why Leatherman doesn't have an official representative member here.

We all know the peek around the site but some responses would be great lol

They do.

Designers for all the companies crawl here incognito, and at least two members of Leatherman management (that I know of) have posted here in the past, one even openly.

They don't usually advertise their presence because they want unbiased feedback that they don't get through other channels.

Def
Sometimes they accept it like in the case of Style CS/PS, and sometimes ignore it like in case of the Signal.  ;)

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • I may get older but I refuse to grow up.
Reply #59 on: October 10, 2015, 05:13:50 PM
Btw, def, do you know if Klecker gets any word in the new vaeiations of the Skele or is that now LM property to do with it as they please?

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%