Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

$2 Challenge- Contender #8

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
$2 Challenge- Contender #8
on: October 08, 2015, 03:32:24 PM
Contender #8 came in last week and I haven't had much of a chance to post about it until now, which is good because it has given me more of a chance to use it.

It is branded as a True Utility Tool and, as discussed before, might actually be a TU tool as TU sources their tools from companies like the ones that manufacture many of the unbranded $2 Challenge tools.

This one has an awful lot of functions for what is basically a folded bit of sheet metal, and I have to say, it might have been better if they put more emphasis on making the functions work and less on listing as many features as possible.  One thing tool designers seem to forget is that it isn't the number of functions in a tool, it is the number of useful functions that count.  Sadly, this tool seems to fail on all counts.  Even the cutter isn't sharp enough to cut twine, although I did almost cut my finger on the jagged sides and pointy outcroppings while trying.   ::)

The little clip that came with this one was interesting though- it seems to have absolutely no way of attaching to this tool, so it really doesn't serve any tool related function.  One would think that it would make the tool release quickly from keys or something, but the hole in the clip doesn't actually reach the hole in the tool.  And, the carabiner end doesn't open wide enough to clip on to the tool, so all in all it should be considered an unrelated bonus.  I will say, it's not a bad little clip, and honestly, I am more interested in it than I am in Contender #8.

This tool cost me $1.56, and while I had my choice of black or grey I think I, and everyone else would be best off choosing something else entirely.  This tool is a waste of $1.56 unless you count the small clip that came with it, in which case it is only a waste of $1.38.   ::)

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%