Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

I made a Multi-Tool with a neodymium magnet. 21 tools in 1

us Offline LionsGrip

HI everyone! so about 15 days ago I launched my project on Kickstarter, if you have a moment please check out the page. the link is below. hope you guys and gals like it! 

21 tools in one, Purrrfect for your Paw-ket!

-Jesse
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/294419074/lions-grip-the-practical-multi-tool?ref=nav_search

GEAR TIE

SERRATED EDGE MAKES GREAT KINDLING

MANY USES FOR THE NEODYMIUM MAGNET

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/294419074/lions-grip-the-practical-multi-tool?ref=nav_search
« Last Edit: October 09, 2015, 12:52:48 AM by LionsGrip »

00 Offline kirk13

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Re: I made a Multi-Tool with a neodymium magnet. 21 tools in 1
Reply #1 on: October 08, 2015, 11:46:49 PM
Hi and welcome!

You might like to read this

http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,45162.0.html

Nice looking tool,let's hope you'll share in our forum :tu:
There is no beginning,or ending,and for this we are thankful,cos now is hard enough to understand!

us Offline LionsGrip

Reply #2 on: October 08, 2015, 11:48:54 PM
oops.. Thank you Kirk13. ill get on that right now!

00 Offline kirk13

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #3 on: October 08, 2015, 11:55:26 PM
No worries mate :tu:

Nice to have you with us :D
There is no beginning,or ending,and for this we are thankful,cos now is hard enough to understand!

gr Offline firiki

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Cats have pocket knives of their own
Reply #4 on: October 08, 2015, 11:56:43 PM
The looks of this OPT kind of remind me of the Fleur-de-lis.
Omnia vincit amor. Vae victis.

us Offline LionsGrip

Reply #5 on: October 09, 2015, 12:03:46 AM
Hi and welcome!

Don't know if I'm going blind or just stupid.. I can not find the page to upgrade my profile. should I just donate?..  I don't want to be "that guy" that doesn't follow the rules here.

-Jesse

00 Offline kirk13

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #6 on: October 09, 2015, 12:06:21 AM
Hi and welcome!

Don't know if I'm going blind or just stupid.. I can not find the page to upgrade my profile. should I just donate?..  I don't want to be "that guy" that doesn't follow the rules here.

-Jesse

Don't worry,your not ;)

Be right back!

00 Offline kirk13

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #7 on: October 09, 2015, 12:09:05 AM
Ok,so click on your profile,

Along the bar atop of your info is a button for actions,click on that,and it's straight forward from there.

Let me know if you need more help ;)
« Last Edit: October 09, 2015, 12:10:53 AM by kirk13 »

us Offline Obi1shinobee

• Master LM Squirt Ps4 And Lord of Navitools
Reply #8 on: October 09, 2015, 12:13:12 AM
WELCOME LIONS  :MTO:

us Offline LionsGrip

Reply #9 on: October 09, 2015, 12:23:48 AM

Along the bar atop of your info is a button for actions,click on that,and it's straight forward from there.

I found it! haha thanks brother.

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #10 on: October 09, 2015, 12:26:39 AM
Welcome aboard LG    :cheers:

00 Offline kirk13

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #11 on: October 09, 2015, 12:29:07 AM

:salute:

us Offline LionsGrip

Reply #12 on: October 09, 2015, 12:43:11 AM

DONE!

us Offline Demel

• No Life Club
Reply #13 on: October 09, 2015, 12:45:07 AM
It is really good to see someone actually follow up and take the time to invest. Welcome to the forum :salute:
"Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful." -John Wooden

us Offline detron

• Tool Carrying Linux User
Reply #14 on: October 09, 2015, 12:46:01 AM

DONE!

thank you for supporting the forum with the proper purchase.  this is a great place for feedback, both positive and negative. 

MODS,  can we return his link now that he has paid properly?   :think:

welcome to the forum LionsGrip, I think you will like it here.
If I can help, let me know 

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #15 on: October 09, 2015, 01:06:54 AM
Welcome and all the best to you.
Esse Quam Videri

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • I may get older but I refuse to grow up.
Reply #16 on: October 09, 2015, 01:09:20 AM
Welcome to the forum, and glad to have you in our R&D program.

Good luck with the project. :cheers:

MODS,  can we return his link now that he has paid properly?   :think:

welcome to the forum LionsGrip, I think you will like it here.

Was about to but LionsGrip already did that. ;)

pt Offline Ricardomfs

Reply #17 on: October 09, 2015, 02:06:02 AM
I like that, I have a thing with magnets, I really like it!

Welcome fella, enjoy :)

ro Offline Corwyn

• No Life Club
Reply #18 on: October 09, 2015, 09:41:21 AM
Welcome to  :MTO:

Very nice tool. Good luck with your project. If it ends pretty cheap in the end, I might snag one.

I just have two questions:

How will you take out the magnet from its slot (is it even meant to)?

Did you check if such a strong magnet affects compasses or watches or the like?
Corwyn of Multitool, the First of His name, King of Victorinox, King of Leatherman, Gerber and the First Generation SOG, Lord of the Seven Wrenches, Protector of the Forum, Khal of the Bushes, called Corwyn Toolborn, the Unsharpened, Father of SAKs.

se Offline Mextreme

Reply #19 on: October 09, 2015, 09:48:10 AM
Welcome to the forums.

Will have to check that. I´m both a multi-tool and magnet freak so that hits the spot.
I work, along with other stuff, with pneumatically activated neodym magnets.

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #20 on: October 09, 2015, 10:12:54 AM
Good looking tool  :D
Kelly: "Daddy, what makes men cheat on women?
Al : "Women!"

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

ca Offline Megan

• Marketing Maven
  • Administrator
  • No Life Club
  • Does your head look like a watermelon?
Reply #21 on: October 09, 2015, 12:08:53 PM
I think this belongs in the Kick starter forum :)

Welcome to our forum. It is easily the best place to test out any multi-tool. You have most of the top collectors and MT users here in one place.

Be prepared for opinions! Our members are free to praise or critique any R&D or Kickstarter that comes their way. This way you can obtain honest unbiased feedback!

Neat looking tool. The magnet is a clever touch.
It does seem a little awkward to hold. If you are having a hard time using the flat head screw driver can you easily grip the tool to get the job done?

What would you use the serrated edge for? It isn't quite a saw and I see you've dulled it down to ensure the OPMT is safe. Curious to learn more thanks!
-Megan
Would you like your review featured on http://Multitool.org? Do you have a suggestion to improve the forum or our sites?
Send me a message.

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Reply #22 on: October 09, 2015, 01:16:57 PM
Welcome, LionsGrip!

:cheers:

About your tool, what's the difference between the hook and the staple remover? The box cutter looks very blunt. Does it work well? How did you secured the magnet to the tool?

« Last Edit: October 09, 2015, 01:19:13 PM by pfrsantos »

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

us Offline sLaughterMed

• No Life Club
  • Nothing's typical around here
Reply #23 on: October 09, 2015, 02:37:52 PM
What would you use the serrated edge for? It isn't quite a saw and I see you've dulled it down to ensure the OPMT is safe. Curious to learn more thanks!
It looks like you use the "serrated egde" as a sort of saw to make kindling. Its actually a pretty neat idea, although some real world experiences with comments on how long and easy it is to make a worthwile amount of kindling would be nice (although in a pinch its better than nothng I suppose).

Also, this thing looks large. How big is It? Some pics showing scale (like next to another multi,  or a ruler) would be nice
Laughter is the best Medicine
Slaughter is just Laughter with an "S"

We are looking for Multitool Encyclopedia Editors! If you are interested, please give me a PM!

The Multitool Encyclopedia Editing for Dummies Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65751.0.html
Multitool Encyclopedia Suggested Edits Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65746.0.html

ca Offline Megan

• Marketing Maven
  • Administrator
  • No Life Club
  • Does your head look like a watermelon?
Reply #24 on: October 09, 2015, 02:42:46 PM
It looks like you use the "serrated egde" as a sort of saw to make kindling. Its actually a pretty neat idea, although some real world experiences with comments on how long and easy it is to make a worthwile amount of kindling would be nice (although in a pinch its better than nothng I suppose).

Also, this thing looks large. How big is It? Some pics showing scale (like next to another multi,  or a ruler) would be nice

I see that. But it is so dull that it looks like it would take a ton of energy to use successfully?
I could be mistaken though!
-Megan
Would you like your review featured on http://Multitool.org? Do you have a suggestion to improve the forum or our sites?
Send me a message.

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Reply #25 on: October 09, 2015, 07:45:19 PM

Paracord 550.

8)

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

gb Offline AimlessWanderer

• Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not a pessimist, I'm an experienced optimist!
Reply #26 on: October 09, 2015, 08:24:45 PM
Firstly, welcome aboard  :salute: Great to see you sign up so quick for the R&D membership, and I hope you get tons of useful feedback to help you with your project  :cheers:

As Megan said, be prepared for opinions  >:D not all of these will be positive, but it's way better to get a good discussion going here, so you can address any major issues which may arrive. You may get a lot of suggestions to overcome any issues, as well as praise and criticism. Do remember though that even if some comments appear negative on the surface, it's better to get those comments from friends here than from customers once it's in the market. You may well also get some great ideas for future products too  :tu: besides which, it's a great place to hang out, and there's lots of knowledge, wisdom, stupidity, giggles and friendship to be found here  :drink:

I'll start  :D

I ought to let you know from the outset, that I'm not the greatest fan of one piece multitools, but I hope you'll find at least something useful in my inane babble  ;) I haven't followed your kickstarter link either at this stage, so these comments are purely from what I see posted here  :salute:

Originality:
Nice to see someone trying something a little different, and not just making minor variations on existing themes. A couple of people here have I think stuck a magnet on the side of their tools before for general purpose usefulness, so that should get a bit of support here  :tu: That may of course open up a few new challenges ....

Safe use and carry:
Having the magnet means that wallet carry is out, otherwise all your bank cards are kaput! What do you have in mind to make sure this isn't a card wiping, pocket ripping thigh slasher?  :D

Ergonomics:
There's a hack of a lot of pokey bits for when you're trying to decapitate a beer, turn a nut, or whatever. Have you let other people (ones who won't say something nice just because it's you ;)) try the tool out, and tell you which pokey bits might be the worst offenders for discomfort .... or worse?  :ahhh

Prying/Nail Puller:
If I'm reading this right, all the prying force seems to be pivoting about the centre punch and the wee flat driver. Is this likely to damage these areas, or could these damage what you're prying a nail from?

Target Audience:
Who are you aiming this tool at? Anyone in particular? I note there isn't the "usual" flat driver and flat Phillips, or any cord cutters or package openers (usually the worst offenders for ripping up a pocket  :D) and wondered if that was because you see this being used more in a specific arena?

I'll leave it at that for now, I'm sure the rest of the guys and gals will have got loads of other comments for you too  :tu:

Again, welcome aboard Jesse, and thanks for giving us the chance to have some input on this  :salute:

The cantankerous but occasionally useful member, formally known as 50ft-trad

us Offline NKlamerus

• No Life Club
  • Captain's Apprentice
Reply #27 on: October 10, 2015, 01:02:16 AM
Welcome bud!

us Offline tjfarrington2000

Reply #28 on: October 10, 2015, 03:40:37 PM
Very nice LionsGrip, looks quite practical

Sent from my outdated communication device using an obsolete application

us Offline LionsGrip

Reply #29 on: October 20, 2015, 07:44:32 PM
Firstly, welcome aboard  :salute: Great to see you sign up so quick for the R&D membership, and I hope you get tons of useful feedback to help you with your project  :cheers:

As Megan said, be prepared for opinions  >:D not all of these will be positive, but it's way better to get a good discussion going here, so you can address any major issues which may arrive. You may get a lot of suggestions to overcome any issues, as well as praise and criticism. Do remember though that even if some comments appear negative on the surface, it's better to get those comments from friends here than from customers once it's in the market. You may well also get some great ideas for future products too  :tu: besides which, it's a great place to hang out, and there's lots of knowledge, wisdom, stupidity, giggles and friendship to be found here  :drink:

I'll start  :D

I ought to let you know from the outset, that I'm not the greatest fan of one piece multitools, but I hope you'll find at least something useful in my inane babble  ;) I haven't followed your kickstarter link either at this stage, so these comments are purely from what I see posted here  :salute:

Originality:
Nice to see someone trying something a little different, and not just making minor variations on existing themes. A couple of people here have I think stuck a magnet on the side of their tools before for general purpose usefulness, so that should get a bit of support here  :tu: That may of course open up a few new challenges ....

Safe use and carry:
Having the magnet means that wallet carry is out, otherwise all your bank cards are kaput! What do you have in mind to make sure this isn't a card wiping, pocket ripping thigh slasher?  :D

Ergonomics:
There's a hack of a lot of pokey bits for when you're trying to decapitate a beer, turn a nut, or whatever. Have you let other people (ones who won't say something nice just because it's you ;)) try the tool out, and tell you which pokey bits might be the worst offenders for discomfort .... or worse?  :ahhh

Prying/Nail Puller:
If I'm reading this right, all the prying force seems to be pivoting about the centre punch and the wee flat driver. Is this likely to damage these areas, or could these damage what you're prying a nail from?

Target Audience:
Who are you aiming this tool at? Anyone in particular? I note there isn't the "usual" flat driver and flat Phillips, or any cord cutters or package openers (usually the worst offenders for ripping up a pocket  :D) and wondered if that was because you see this being used more in a specific arena?

I'll leave it at that for now, I'm sure the rest of the guys and gals will have got loads of other comments for you too  :tu:

Again, welcome aboard Jesse, and thanks for giving us the chance to have some input on this  :salute:

Hey brother, thanks for the welcome!

Safe use and carry:
I've tested out the magnet for several months now and it has had no effect on my phone, debit or credit cards. The serrated edge isn't sharp to cut into your skin or rip into your pocket, but with enough elbow grease it will cut into wood and some other materials.

Ergonomics:
before the Lions Grip is tumbled it is VERY sharp, they're laser cut.  after a bit of tumbling its safe to touch and handle. bending over or crouching if its in a sung spot in your pocket, it will only feel like a pen poking you.  :pok:

Prying/Nail Puller:
 if you can cup the tool under your hand and snag the nail it will not damage anything, but if you use, say the wall or a table as leverage it will damage that.  the center punch and flat head will not damage. 

Target Audience:
everyone, I feel this could be used by anyone anywhere, not because I just want to make money and sell a bunch for no reason, but the uses are practical and useful.  you're not going to build a house or rebuild an engine, but if you're in a pinch and need some help of a magnet, or 8mm.. or want to shotgun a beer,  :drink:HEY! its in you pocket.

:cheers:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD