Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Lego Is Awesome

Mercury · 1574 · 62739

us Offline ironraven

• No Life Club
  • American Clandestine Materials Executive (ACME)
Re: Lego Is Awesome
Reply #1020 on: January 18, 2019, 03:23:27 AM
So, for everyone who is a Space fan, there is a four pack of Classic Space minifigs out for the second Lego movie. Blue (Benny of the cracked chin strap), white, pink and yellow. And I wouldn't be surprised if we see red, black, grey and maybe green later on in the year, assuming they can find enny one to volunteer. Walmart and Target it have in the US for about $10, Amazon the same.
"Even if it is only the handful of people I meet on the street, or in my home, I can still protect them with this one sword" Kenshin Himura

Necessity is the mother of invention. If you're not ready, it's "a mother". If you are, it's "mom".

"I love democracy" Sheev Palpatine, upon his election to Chancellor.

us Offline sixracer

Reply #1021 on: January 18, 2019, 03:30:42 AM
Few more of the figs:

And as ironraven mentioned, this Lego Movie 2 set has 4 (!) classic space fig remakes in crazy colors AND it’s only $10!
https://www.amazon.com/LEGO-MOVIE-Bennys-Space-Building/dp/B07HPVRJ64/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1547778525&sr=8-1-spons&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=lego+movie+benny%27s+space+squad&psc=1

Been doling them out to my son in exchange for weeks of on-time school departures

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: February 05, 2019, 03:57:34 PM by Whoey »

fr Offline lovecraft25

Reply #1022 on: January 18, 2019, 09:44:01 AM
For all the Lego Space fans out there : do you know of this blog ? http://cureallpill.blogspot.com

Also, nice display of the sets they produced back in the 80/90's ! http://www.horseshoebendranch.net/mattslego/events/bf07flyin/index.htm

nl Offline Reinier

• Zombie Apprentice
  • \o/
Reply #1023 on: January 20, 2019, 05:31:57 PM
My daughter just made this creepy... thing :ahhh
freaky lego friends mini doll chain.jpg
* freaky lego friends mini doll chain.jpg (Filesize: 145.18 KB)
You should seriously visit vicfan.com. All the hoopy froods are doing it.

gb Offline Wspeed

• Just Bananas
Reply #1024 on: January 20, 2019, 06:41:51 PM
I like kids imagination   :tu: :like:
fail to prepare prepare to fail

us Offline ironraven

• No Life Club
Reply #1025 on: January 20, 2019, 08:24:29 PM
Minidolls are kinda creepy to begin with. To me, they look like scary elves next to minifigs.

Which works, since the trinity of all fantasy games are humans, elves and dwarves. So for how I use them with RPGs they work. Still creepy. I only have a few, but I only need a few. Their heads are just a smidge wider than a minifig's, so you can migrate their hair over to real Lego people, so if you can buy their hair on a reseller's site you can get some good hair.

And... they have a standard 3.18mm neck stud. Same diameter as a bar. You want decapitated heads on pikes? There you go. Various height bars, minidoll heads, and a bit of silly putty or playdoh, make a veritable garden of them.
"Even if it is only the handful of people I meet on the street, or in my home, I can still protect them with this one sword" Kenshin Himura

Necessity is the mother of invention. If you're not ready, it's "a mother". If you are, it's "mom".

nl Offline Reinier

• Zombie Apprentice
  • \o/
Reply #1026 on: January 20, 2019, 08:43:12 PM

nl Offline Reinier

• Zombie Apprentice
  • \o/
Reply #1027 on: January 20, 2019, 08:45:49 PM
Well said ironraven.
I've created quite some scary scenes with those heads and other stuff.

Too bad the legs and torsos are basically incompatible with other Lego parts. They don't really fit the System.

fr Offline Whoey

• Administrator
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • I am geek, hear me code
Reply #1028 on: January 20, 2019, 08:57:53 PM
 :rofl:
Toys-Made-Us-Season-2.jpg
* Toys-Made-Us-Season-2.jpg (Filesize: 43.55 KB)
The difficult we do immediately, the impossible takes a little longer.

nl Offline glenfiddich1983

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • aka "G-Fiddle" and "Glen-Fizzle"
Reply #1029 on: January 20, 2019, 09:00:59 PM
[--- arms length ---] (-.-) 

^-- where the cat sits

nl Offline Reinier

• Zombie Apprentice
  • \o/
Reply #1030 on: January 20, 2019, 09:06:12 PM

us Offline ironraven

• No Life Club
Reply #1031 on: January 20, 2019, 10:58:32 PM
Well, Lego does break down, technically, into System (the main bricks), Technica (unpowered machinery), Mindstorms (robotics), and Duplo (the big stuff). So no, minidolls aren't really in the "System". But calling it "System" is like saying "comely female" rather than "pretty girl". The former will get you slapped. Calling normal Lego "system", well, you won't get smacked, but I'll think you're a tool unless we're discussing difficulty level of a build.

And yes, there was Klik and Modulex, but they are so rare I don't count them.

fr Offline Whoey

• Administrator
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #1032 on: January 31, 2019, 11:47:10 AM

:o

gb Offline Wspeed

• Just Bananas
Reply #1033 on: January 31, 2019, 01:20:10 PM
Wow that’s the best one so far  :tu: :like: :like:

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #1034 on: February 05, 2019, 03:38:55 PM
Thought you peeps might enjoy this !   

fr Offline Whoey

• Administrator
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #1035 on: February 05, 2019, 03:55:12 PM
that's insane!

gb Offline Wspeed

• Just Bananas
Reply #1036 on: February 05, 2019, 04:08:36 PM
That is excellent thanks Steve for the video  :cheers: :like:

nl Offline Serena

• No Life Club
Reply #1037 on: February 05, 2019, 04:10:28 PM
Couldn't resist to buy this box this afternoon.

gb Offline Wspeed

• Just Bananas
Reply #1038 on: February 05, 2019, 04:11:37 PM
Cool set Serena  :tu: :like:

us Offline ironraven

• No Life Club
Reply #1039 on: February 09, 2019, 02:50:15 AM
So... this isn't LEGO in the purest sense. I play with a tool call Studio for doing test builds in the computer- like most such tools, it does rendering, but it also is from Bicklink so I can use their system to order parts if I feel the urge.

And it will help to be familiar with set 30547. If you aren't, click here. If you're wanting, you need to move fast- they hit Walmart and Target's inventories in November at the end of their release cycle. Amazon might still have some. I know my local Walmart is out- don't ask how I know this...  :-[ To me, these guys look like the komainu you see outside Buddist temples (Japanese name, shi-shi in China, "fu dog" to ugly english speakers) and I bought several pairs of them. But... I'm looking at them, and the seem small for dragons. Like they're cubs. So I got to thinking, what would they look like fully grown.

Then I got to thinking about their social dynamics. And that they'd be dealing with poachers....

We now return you to TLG's Wild, Wild World.

My guide and I set out to follow these four young white lion dragons as they left their mother. They've spent the past year with her, and are mostly grown, but aren't ready to be separated from each other quite yet. Normally a litter of cubs would only be two, but these four will need a large area to supply them with food.

Nearing the third sunset of our trek, we came across rover tracks. Fearing poachers, we radioed the rangers, as there is no motor vehicle traffic allowed in the preserve. We were told it would be at least an hour until an aerial search and interdiction team could reach our location. Rather than setting up camp, we dropped most of our equipment. Armed with cameras, our radio, two machetes and a stud shooter, we set out on foot, hoping to at least find evidence of the atrocity we feared.

As the sun set with the suddenness of tropical twilight, we could see the headlights of the poachers' vehicle perhaps a mile ahead. They'd herded the cubs against the river, something these young ones had never seen before and were afraid to cross. We set one camera on a tripod, and left it to record as the frightened cries of the four could be heard as we got closer But we were not alone in tracking the poachers.

Unlike actual big cats, males of the Draco Pseudofelis genus do not routinely attack cubs who stray into their territory. Many of them actually seem to like young ones who've reached the age to leave their mother but aren't yet fully grown. Pseudofelis noir, or the Black Blade-lion, in particular is quite gregarious, with brothers often staying together for many years, and even adopting cubs of other species in their second year.

A roar cut through the dark savanna. And then there was screaming, and the pop of stud shooters. And then... much less screaming. And then the rover's lights went out.

My guide and I stopped maybe a hundred yards away from where the rover was and surveyed the scene with the combination of night vision and a telephoto lenses. The Comic Code Authority has deemed the footage of the cubs being rescued too graphic for day time television. I won't even try to describe what I saw, other than night came alive and it was unhappy.

Then the wind shifted, carrying our scent towards the dragons. You can see here the Black Blade-lion's head as a just dark shape above the grass, while it's tail blade scythed the tops off the grass. The camera's night vision captures the brightness of the eyes, but not the redness. This male could smell us, and we smelled like ABS.

There was no point in our running as it dashed towards us. I hurriedly pushed my guide's stud shooter  down, and slapped it out of his hands as I hissed 'don't move, for the love of Vitruvius'. And then he was on us. Even the relatively low resolution of the GoStud strapped to my chest could capture what happened next clearly.

Only a little taller than the cubs, this male was much wider, and much stronger. Look at the power of the shoulders and haunches. The fore-sickles of this blade-lion and the length of the eartennas spoke of a male who's lived a long time, but had lost none of his strength and cunning. He spotted the stud shooter and pinned it under one of his massive paws while he sniffed first my guide, then me. I was trembling as he sniffed at me, red eyes gleaming under a slivered moon. As his mouth opened, I felt small. And recyclable.

Then he licked my face.

I probably tasted good. I could feel my body clutch in fear.

Then he stepped back and watched us. As he did so, a smaller white face appeared in the grass. Then another. Three, four. They each sniffed us, and chirped and clicked to us and their new friend. He relaxed considerably- had the cubs told him that we were safe? That they knew us?

That was when the rangers arrived. The five dragoncats looked towards the sound of the tilt rotor and tensed. As the searchlights came on, they disappeared into the grass. That was the last footage we got of them.

And the poachers?

We all know dragons of all types are intelligent. But what happened to the poachers has caused me re-evaluate what I thought I knew about them. Not only had the poachers been disassembled, their parts had been arranged in alphabetical order by the blade-lion. A not terribly subtle message that couldn't be accidental.

Of course, when the rangers investigated the area around the rover, they took us into custody. It took all of our recordings to convince the rangers and the magistrate that we had not been the ones who had killed the poachers.... 

nz Online zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #1040 on: May 08, 2019, 10:28:52 AM

nz Online zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #1041 on: May 08, 2019, 10:29:23 AM

nl Offline glenfiddich1983

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • aka "G-Fiddle" and "Glen-Fizzle"
Reply #1042 on: May 08, 2019, 10:38:09 AM
 :like:
[--- arms length ---] (-.-) 

^-- where the cat sits

wales Offline magentus

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • mmmmm SAKrelicious
Reply #1043 on: May 08, 2019, 12:21:28 PM
'Use the force Harry' - Gandalf

nz Online zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #1044 on: May 08, 2019, 12:31:34 PM
:iagree: kicking it out the park zoid

Thanks guys.   :cheers:   Still need to work on the lighting. Hopefully I can rig something up soon.

gb Offline Wspeed

• Just Bananas
Reply #1045 on: May 08, 2019, 01:41:25 PM
Nice one zoidberg  :like: :tu:

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #1046 on: May 08, 2019, 07:26:59 PM
 :like: 

That's excellent Zoidman.  :hatsoff:
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

spam Offline comis

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #1047 on: May 08, 2019, 07:51:57 PM

:like:   :rofl:

love it!!!  Great job!

fr Offline Whoey

• Administrator
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #1048 on: May 08, 2019, 08:51:04 PM
that's awesome.

speaking to one of the guys at work, he picked up a UCS millenium falcon on sale for 520 eur. They retail for 799. He said it's still sitting in the box unbuilt, and he's undecided to build it or sell it at some point. :ahhh

nz Online zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #1049 on: May 08, 2019, 09:53:37 PM
Kid reckons because I lost the rangefinder while taking medical bill pics I now have to buy her the 20th anni slave 1.
It's not quite as expensive as that falcon but it still ain't happening.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%