Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

25th anniversary Leatherman Charge AL price estimation

es Offline mrHat

25th anniversary Leatherman Charge AL price estimation
on: November 13, 2015, 03:03:08 PM
Ok, long story short... I sent this 25th anniversary leatherman charge al to leatherman for warranty due to broken pliers tip and they returned a brand new charge al with the 25th anniversary plate switched from the old one. This was such a nice touch for them to do but I want to sell it now and I really don't know if to sell it as a colectable (if it still has any value this way) or just as a plain used charge al (used due to the fact they have put the old plate in there which shows signs of wear). Please help out on how to estimate the value on this one. Please look at the photos for the real thing. Thank you!

us Offline NKlamerus

• No Life Club
  • Captain's Apprentice
Re: 25th anniversary Leatherman Charge AL price estimation
Reply #1 on: November 13, 2015, 03:13:46 PM
Dang that's crazy. What did you select on the warranty page?

es Offline mrHat

Reply #2 on: November 13, 2015, 03:38:27 PM
I selected absolutely nothing heh.. no sentimental value no nothing!

us Offline sLaughterMed

• No Life Club
  • Nothing's typical around here
Reply #3 on: November 13, 2015, 07:46:01 PM
If it were me, id sell it as a used 25th anniversary Charge Al. It doesn't have nearly as much value as a collectors piece because its used, and has "wear marks" but, because this ins't your garden variety Charge, it probably has a bit of a premium over a NIB Charge AL anyhow. This used 25th Anniversary Wave sold for about $75 on ebay here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Leatherman-25th-Anniversary-Wave-Used-with-Special-Nylon-Sheath-/281781047899?hash=item419b75925b:g:kxAAAOSwDNdV2mcD so I would imagine yours is worth at least that, as it is a Charge, and yours seems to be rarer than the 25th Waves.

Of course I'm not a collector, so what do I know.
Laughter is the best Medicine
Slaughter is just Laughter with an "S"

We are looking for Multitool Encyclopedia Editors! If you are interested, please give me a PM!

The Multitool Encyclopedia Editing for Dummies Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65751.0.html
Multitool Encyclopedia Suggested Edits Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65746.0.html

us Offline NKlamerus

• No Life Club
  • Captain's Apprentice
Reply #4 on: November 14, 2015, 01:54:04 AM
I think slaughtermed is close.

I think if you weren't in a rush you could get atleast 100 considering that's what most Charges go for off the forum.

us Offline sir_mike

• No Life Club
  • It is what it isn't.
Reply #5 on: November 14, 2015, 02:32:43 AM
Is that the only difference from the 25th anniversary one to the stock one is the "plate"?  It doesn't really matter if not but you really don't have a 25th anniversary Charge now, do you?  Isn't it just a Charge with a the added plate or am I missing something?  Sorry if I am!  :)

I have no idea on pricing but I have purchased new Charge AL's for about $65 and a new without box Charge Ti for less than $100 so I guess I would say somewhere in between but just a guess! 

us Offline NKlamerus

• No Life Club
  • Captain's Apprentice
Reply #6 on: November 15, 2015, 01:44:12 AM
"The Late Boyscout" has one on youtube. I wonder what he paid.

es Offline mrHat

Reply #7 on: November 15, 2015, 08:42:13 AM
I still have no idea how to sell this :(

us Offline sLaughterMed

• No Life Club
  • Nothing's typical around here
Reply #8 on: November 15, 2015, 04:40:53 PM
I still have no idea how to sell this :(
You could always list it on the bay. Worst thing that happens is if goes at auction for what a normal AL goes for, best  is that a couple collectors go for a bidding war and it sells high.

Or just hang onto it for a few years until 25 anniversary Charges get REALLY scarce, and sell then
Laughter is the best Medicine
Slaughter is just Laughter with an "S"

We are looking for Multitool Encyclopedia Editors! If you are interested, please give me a PM!

The Multitool Encyclopedia Editing for Dummies Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65751.0.html
Multitool Encyclopedia Suggested Edits Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65746.0.html

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%