Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

LM OHT owners, what do you think of this tool?

sawman · 52 · 5688

us Offline leathermon

• Better to have a tool, than be a tool.
Re: LM OHT owners, what do you think of this tool?
Reply #30 on: October 24, 2015, 10:25:51 PM
I took it on a river fishing weekend, man it was sweet. When your holding a fish and rod in one hand, the sliding pliers are great. The saw made quick work of small to medium branches in my fishing hole. The screwdriver even repaired my reel with ease. It really enriched the trip. But it can even tackle bigger jobs. I used it to take apart a couch to get through the door, and I was really applying some torque. It's one tuff little mother. So much so that I have almost every leatherman made, when I misplaced it during the move I bought another one.

us Offline rishardh

• No Life Club
Reply #31 on: October 24, 2015, 11:50:20 PM
I took it on a river fishing weekend, man it was sweet. When your holding a fish and rod in one hand, the sliding pliers are great. The saw made quick work of small to medium branches in my fishing hole. The screwdriver even repaired my reel with ease. It really enriched the trip. But it can even tackle bigger jobs. I used it to take apart a couch to get through the door, and I was really applying some torque. It's one tuff little mother. So much so that I have almost every leatherman made, when I misplaced it during the move I bought another one. (Image removed from quote.)

Yummmieee.... you got there two beauties. That Zanduco looks hot  :drool:  :drool:  :drool:

us Offline sawman

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • You're amongst friends.
Reply #32 on: October 24, 2015, 11:51:30 PM
I took it on a river fishing weekend, man it was sweet. When your holding a fish and rod in one hand, the sliding pliers are great. The saw made quick work of small to medium branches in my fishing hole. The screwdriver even repaired my reel with ease. It really enriched the trip. But it can even tackle bigger jobs. I used it to take apart a couch to get through the door, and I was really applying some torque. It's one tuff little mother. So much so that I have almost every leatherman made, when I misplaced it during the move I bought another one. (Image removed from quote.)

Yummmieee.... you got there two beauties. That Zanduco looks hot  :drool:  :drool:  :drool:
+1 nice gear there :tu:
SAW

wales Offline hiraethus

• Admin Team
  • I brake for cake
Reply #33 on: October 25, 2015, 10:14:31 AM
OHT down to £65 on Amazon UK: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00IAUI2WK. Sorely tempted at that price (that's good for the UK). :multi:

00 Offline kirk13

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #34 on: October 25, 2015, 12:54:56 PM
OHT down to £65 on Amazon UK: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00IAUI2WK. Sorely tempted at that price (that's good for the UK). :multi:

That's a good price for one Chris :pok:
There is no beginning,or ending,and for this we are thankful,cos now is hard enough to understand!

gb Offline AimlessWanderer

• Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not a pessimist, I'm an experienced optimist!
Reply #35 on: October 25, 2015, 01:10:36 PM
Agreed  :tu:

The cantankerous but occasionally useful member, formally known as 50ft-trad

nz Offline babola

• No Life Club
  • The Tinkerer
Reply #36 on: October 26, 2015, 02:25:24 AM
I belong to few of those who like and appreciate OHT for what it is.

Guys, don't forget this is primarily a gun maintenance tool as well as general military single-hand use tool for deploying in difficult and challenging situations. It was also designed for ease of operation while wearing gloves. I don't wear mil-spec or tactical gloves but tried it with my Mechanix gloves (very similar to the ones used by military personnel). As such, not only meets but supersedes the functions and situations it's been designed for.

Oh, and as a one-hand tool, it beats my Gerber MP600 in pretty much any category except size/weight. But I have large-ish hands so it isn't such an issue for me personally.

That's me on LM OHT.  8)
EDC and OCD. A wicked mix.

wales Offline hiraethus

• Admin Team
  • I brake for cake

mc Offline Gerhard Gerber

• No Life Club
Reply #38 on: October 26, 2015, 01:28:29 PM
The OHT was a bit of a disappointment because (under the influence of this forum) after reading reviews and watching many videos, I went to the shop to check before I buy....
The tools are so small I left with my money still in my wallet.

Have to admit, if I could find it for 50%-60% of the local retail price I would buy it.

wales Offline hiraethus

• Admin Team
  • I brake for cake
Reply #39 on: October 28, 2015, 05:30:26 PM
Got mine today. :D  It's big, not too heavy and fun to play with.  The pliers are good, the tools are stiff (but loosening up) and the BO has come off the pliers release buttons already.

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #40 on: October 28, 2015, 05:36:46 PM
The OHT was a bit of a disappointment because (under the influence of this forum) after reading reviews and watching many videos, I went to the shop to check before I buy....
The tools are so small I left with my money still in my wallet.

Have to admit, if I could find it for 50%-60% of the local retail price I would buy it.
Did the same today... the tools are too small for a such a huge brick. And since I don't need everything to be OHO I left without it.
It wouldn't be the internet without people complaining.

wales Offline hiraethus

• Admin Team
  • I brake for cake
Reply #41 on: October 28, 2015, 05:46:10 PM
Well I wanted something with replaceable wire cutters and was looking at buying another Rebar (for about the same price as the OHT cost) but when I saw this thought I'd give it a go.  It is big, and the tools are small, but the spring loaded pliers are nice and the silver finish isn't as bad as I first thought.

gb Offline AimlessWanderer

• Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not a pessimist, I'm an experienced optimist!
Reply #42 on: October 28, 2015, 06:50:05 PM

The cantankerous but occasionally useful member, formally known as 50ft-trad

us Offline sir_mike

• No Life Club
  • It is what it isn't.
Reply #43 on: October 28, 2015, 07:27:29 PM
I was fortunate enough to find one for sale for a great price.  I only paid $35 shipped Priority for it so I had to try it for that and so far I think it is an okay MT.  :)

I have not had a lot of use for it yet so time will tell as it will take me longer to give it a "yah" or "nah" vote but so far, it is okay.  I wouldn't pay the full price or premium for it as that brings in alot more options for the same money!

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #44 on: October 28, 2015, 07:54:28 PM
It may end up being just that, ( OK ), ya know?  I don't think it will blow most users away like a Wave, Rebar, Spirit, etc.  The sliding pliers by far is the coolest thing about this tool.  I also dig the blade and philips tho the other drivers are not bad at all. 

Mine has got a lot of belt time with the pliers seeing the most use.   

Esse Quam Videri

us Offline forest77

Reply #45 on: November 14, 2015, 12:01:59 AM
Here is mine Ceracoted.  Not sure if you can tell. Had to re rivet the scales after it was done. If im allowed to mention the company's name somebody let me know. It cost 35 dollars to Ceracote. The scales were silver before ceracoting.
10132015112940.jpg
* 10132015112940.jpg (Filesize: 133.52 KB)
Mind not for rent!

ca Offline rovot

Reply #46 on: November 14, 2015, 12:11:26 AM
I'm planning on buying/having one of this. Love the Tan/black or All black combo.
Maybe when it's on sale here in ca I'll grab one, or if I find someone to trade my extra wave with. :D  :gimme:

us Offline WoodsDuck

• No Life Club
  • Duck!
Reply #47 on: November 14, 2015, 12:38:45 AM
I'm planning on buying/having one of this. Love the Tan/black or All black combo.
Maybe when it's on sale here in ca I'll grab one, or if I find someone to trade my extra wave with. :D  :gimme:

Kampfer posted this in the deals board;

http://www.rei.com/product/842312/leatherman-oht-multi-tool

us Offline forest77

Reply #48 on: November 14, 2015, 01:38:18 AM
Now that is a great price.!!!

Sent from my SM-T110 using Tapatalk

Mind not for rent!

us Offline sir_mike

• No Life Club
  • It is what it isn't.
Reply #49 on: November 14, 2015, 02:24:07 AM
That is a good price but you an find them for that on Ebay for the same with free shipping every now and then.

ca Offline rovot

Reply #50 on: November 14, 2015, 01:50:38 PM

Kampfer posted this in the deals board;

http://www.rei.com/product/842312/leatherman-oht-multi-tool

Lots of great deals for you guys down there with the 30 bucks skeletool too...
too bad our $ value  up here is not that good against the US.  :ahhh

but maybe...black friday deals or yeah be patient on ebay. :D

us Offline powernoodle

Reply #51 on: November 14, 2015, 08:43:29 PM
I have been very close to buying an OHT more than once.  And again when I saw them at REI.com for US$59.95 shipped.  But Nutnfancy's review reiterates some of its shortcomings that others have noted in this thread.  Limited tool set, short blade/saw/drivers, etc.  So I'm holding off yet again.  :)

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%