Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Compact Appreciation

windson · 704 · 54290

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Re: Compact Appreciation
Reply #270 on: September 07, 2017, 11:49:24 AM
Very nice pfrsantos. :drool:

Just wondering, anyone in europe have a beaten up compact?
Why? So we won't notice when you abuse it? :think:
Drat, they got me!  :rant:

Lol, I want a compact with an intact/slightly twisted combo tool, the condition of the rest doesn't matter.

Would a Bantam work? It's a little smaller, but maybe it would solve your problem. It's easier to find.

:think: :think:
It would, if I didn't need to enlarge the pivot hole of the combo tool.  :-\

You will...I'm doing a Scientist mod now and have to enlarge the current spare combo tool I have to do it, otherwise I'll have to break down one of the parts-Compacts I have.
I'll send you a 84mm tool with combo tool if you like Pablo.
Yes you'll need to drill it out but it's possible.
It's also useable in a 91mm tool but it'll sit a little lower.

Will have to send my only Waiter for it though, but anything for you Pabs :)
Thank you for the extremely generous offer, but no thank you. :hatsoff:
I'll buy one on Amazon or find one at the boot sales in good time.  :cheers:
Ok, good...

Otherwise I'd have to get my own drinks.

:facepalm:

Show content

:D :D :D :D

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #271 on: September 07, 2017, 11:49:51 AM
And once more...

:nanadance: :nanadance: :nanadance: :nanadance:

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #272 on: September 07, 2017, 12:20:59 PM
Very nice pfrsantos. :drool:

Just wondering, anyone in europe have a beaten up compact?
Why? So we won't notice when you abuse it? :think:
Drat, they got me!  :rant:

Lol, I want a compact with an intact/slightly twisted combo tool, the condition of the rest doesn't matter.

Would a Bantam work? It's a little smaller, but maybe it would solve your problem. It's easier to find.

:think: :think:
It would, if I didn't need to enlarge the pivot hole of the combo tool.  :-\

You will...I'm doing a Scientist mod now and have to enlarge the current spare combo tool I have to do it, otherwise I'll have to break down one of the parts-Compacts I have.
I'll send you a 84mm tool with combo tool if you like Pablo.
Yes you'll need to drill it out but it's possible.
It's also useable in a 91mm tool but it'll sit a little lower.

Will have to send my only Waiter for it though, but anything for you Pabs :)
Thank you for the extremely generous offer, but no thank you. :hatsoff:
I'll buy one on Amazon or find one at the boot sales in good time.  :cheers:
Ok, good...

Otherwise I'd have to get my own drinks.

:facepalm:

Show content

:D :D :D :D
FI-NA-LY!!

ph Offline an0nemus

• No Life Club
  • I Tool Therefore I Am
Reply #273 on: September 07, 2017, 12:42:44 PM
Yes! A groupmate over at our local Facebook group has a Golfer and he agreed to trade with a Wenger pouch I have. Pics he sent. Scissors need spring and scales need replacement but it looks good

(Image removed from quote.)

(Image removed from quote.)(Image removed from quote.)
84mm Golfer... scales you can find... springs might be tough though :cheers:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Opps. Im not sure if he has the 91mm or 84mm version? I'll be getting it in a few hours. Is he holding an 84mm? Is the scissor springs different on 84 and 91mm SAKs?  :think:

http://www.sakwiki.com/ti...ndex.php?page=Golfer+91mm
http://www.sakwiki.com/ti...ndex.php?page=Golfer+84mm

I think it just needs the scissors spring, not the back spring for the scissors. That won't be too hard to get, I think.
I hope so. Same spring as 91mm scissors? I finally got it! Yes! My 84mm Golfer!

I'm excited to clean and beautify this

id Offline jaya_man

• Global Moderator
  • Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #274 on: September 07, 2017, 12:49:00 PM
Yes! A groupmate over at our local Facebook group has a Golfer and he agreed to trade with a Wenger pouch I have. Pics he sent. Scissors need spring and scales need replacement but it looks good

Opps. Im not sure if he has the 91mm or 84mm version? I'll be getting it in a few hours. Is he holding an 84mm? Is the scissor springs different on 84 and 91mm SAKs?  :think:

I think it just needs the scissors spring, not the back spring for the scissors. That won't be too hard to get, I think.

(Image removed from quote.)(Image removed from quote.)(Image removed from quote.)(Image removed from quote.)(Image removed from quote.)(Image removed from quote.)(Image removed from quote.)(Image removed from quote.)(Image removed from quote.)
Different size spring... But 91mm can be used too... just need to coerse it a bit :cheers:

ph Offline an0nemus

• No Life Club
  • I Tool Therefore I Am
Reply #275 on: September 07, 2017, 02:43:32 PM

I'm excited to clean and beautify this (Image removed from quote.)(Image removed from quote.)

(Image removed from quote.)(Image removed from quote.)(Image removed from quote.)(Image removed from quote.)(Image removed from quote.)(Image removed from quote.)(Image removed from quote.)(Image removed from quote.)(Image removed from quote.)
Different size spring... But 91mm can be used too... just need to coerse it a bit :cheers:

I already removed the scales and will keep it naked for a while untill I get a yellow replacement. Its now having a hot soapy bath and after brushing and drying it, I'll put on a 91mm spring. I hope I can gently coerce her  :whistle:

pt Offline MacGyver

• No Life Club
Reply #276 on: September 07, 2017, 03:04:42 PM

That's a lovely Golfer there mate  :tu:
But you say it's an 84mm? From the pics you've posted it looks like a 91mm to me...  :-\
It may be the angle of the pics tho... But it sure looks like 91mm... Have you put it side by side with a 91 to be sure?  :think:
"Another Day...; a whole n'other set of fresh possibilities..." - MacGyver (S1E19 - "Slow Death")

ph Offline an0nemus

• No Life Club
  • I Tool Therefore I Am
Reply #277 on: September 07, 2017, 03:08:07 PM

But you say it's an 84mm? From the pics you've posted it looks like a 91mm to me...  :-\
It may be the angle of the pics tho... But it sure looks like 91mm... Have you put it side by side with a 91 to be sure?  :think:
I was actually thinking of you when I got this 84mm and wondered what you will say. Here it is, next to my 91mm Super Tinker

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #278 on: September 07, 2017, 03:10:12 PM
The location of the corkscrew's pivot in relation to the shield also makes me think this is a 91mm knife...

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #279 on: September 07, 2017, 03:11:37 PM
Can you do a top down pic? This is still missleading...

ph Offline an0nemus

• No Life Club
  • I Tool Therefore I Am
Reply #280 on: September 07, 2017, 03:14:33 PM
Opps! You're both right! It's a 91mm  :-[ :-[ :-[

Now I can use the 3D printed scales on this baby!  :ahhh
« Last Edit: September 07, 2017, 03:15:52 PM by an0nemus »

pt Offline MacGyver

• No Life Club
Reply #281 on: September 07, 2017, 03:16:59 PM

I was actually thinking of you when I got this 84mm and wondered what you will say. Here it is, next to my 91mm Super Tinker

(Image removed from quote.)(Image removed from quote.)(Image removed from quote.)(Image removed from quote.)(Image removed from quote.)

Thanks for the pics mate. Don't get me wrong, the pics are great, but those angles are terrible for comparing Sak sizes, they look exactly the same size to me from those angles. Best way for that it to take full on straight pics or either the front/back or of the sides, side by side  :-\

Maybe something 's wrong with my eyes but it still looks 91mm to me, same as the super tinker...  :think:
"Another Day...; a whole n'other set of fresh possibilities..." - MacGyver (S1E19 - "Slow Death")

ph Offline an0nemus

• No Life Club
  • I Tool Therefore I Am
Reply #282 on: September 07, 2017, 03:18:59 PM

I'm excited to clean and beautify this (Image removed from quote.)(Image removed from quote.)

(Image removed from quote.)(Image removed from quote.)(Image removed from quote.)(Image removed from quote.)(Image removed from quote.)

Thanks for the pics mate. Don't get me wrong, the pics are great, but those angles are terrible for comparing Sak sizes, they look exactly the same size to me from those angles. Best way for that it to take full on straight pics or either the front/back or of the sides, side by side  :-\

Maybe something 's wrong with my eyes but it still looks 91mm to me, same as the super tinker...  :think:

Youre right there. I must have conditioned my mind to think I was getting an 84mm. I do have an 84mm Bantam so I'll now consider this Golfer as its big and improved brother  :D

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #283 on: September 07, 2017, 03:20:03 PM
A 91mm Golfer it is...

Still a nice score!

http://www.sakwiki.com/tiki-index.php?page=Golfer+91mm
« Last Edit: September 07, 2017, 03:21:36 PM by Mechanickal »

ph Offline an0nemus

• No Life Club
  • I Tool Therefore I Am
Reply #284 on: September 07, 2017, 03:21:32 PM
A 91mm Golfer it is...

Still a nice score!

Thanks! I hope I'm still welcome in this thread  :cheers:

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #285 on: September 07, 2017, 03:22:01 PM
A 91mm Golfer it is...

Still a nice score!

Thanks!  :cheers:
Added a link to my original post.

pt Offline MacGyver

• No Life Club
Reply #286 on: September 07, 2017, 03:22:14 PM

Youre right there. I must have conditioned my mind to think I was getting an 84mm. I do have an 84mm Bantam so I'll now consider this Golfer as its big and improved brother  :D

I knew it looked 91mm...  :D
Still a great Sak mate, basically an early Compact, great score  :salute:

ph Offline an0nemus

• No Life Club
  • I Tool Therefore I Am
Reply #287 on: September 07, 2017, 03:31:09 PM
thank you both sirs for showing me Truth  :SAKnight:

:D

id Offline jaya_man

• Global Moderator
Reply #288 on: September 07, 2017, 03:59:47 PM
Now those 91mm scissor springs will definitely fit... No coersion  needed... :cheers:

ph Offline an0nemus

• No Life Club
  • I Tool Therefore I Am
Reply #289 on: September 07, 2017, 04:20:18 PM
Now those 91mm scissor springs will definitely fit... No coersion  needed... :cheers:

And I'm excited to put the spring, new lanyard ring, and mini-screwdriver  :cheers:

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #290 on: September 07, 2017, 04:25:55 PM

And I'm excited to put the spring, new lanyard ring, and mini-screwdriver  :cheers:

Make sure to show us the final result!

:tu: :tu:

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #291 on: September 07, 2017, 05:30:45 PM
A 91mm Golfer it is...

Still a nice score!

Well, that Golfer is very compact, so...

I'd say yes!

8) :tu:

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

us Offline El Corkscrew

Reply #292 on: September 07, 2017, 05:40:20 PM
A 91mm Golfer it is...

Still a nice score!

Who uses that silly hook anyway????

Great knife!  Just be careful!  You'll soon need an 84mm Golfer, Compact, and Golfer with divot repair tool   :ahhh
“All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, and then success is sure.” - Mark Twain

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #293 on: September 07, 2017, 05:45:37 PM
A 91mm Golfer it is...

Still a nice score!

Great knife!  Just be careful!  You'll soon need an 84mm Golfer, Compact, and Golfer with divot repair tool   :ahhh
An 84mm Golfer would be awesome!

Never even seen one though...

ph Offline an0nemus

• No Life Club
  • I Tool Therefore I Am
Reply #294 on: September 07, 2017, 05:46:39 PM
Thanks, guys!

I'm having a very hard time installing the spring, even after watching so many YouTube tutorials. My Golfer's scissor hole has no chamfer on one side, and the hole itself seems smaller than my newer SAKs. I'll try again tomorrow. In the meantime...

« Last Edit: September 07, 2017, 05:48:54 PM by an0nemus »

ph Offline an0nemus

• No Life Club
  • I Tool Therefore I Am
Reply #295 on: September 07, 2017, 05:48:07 PM
A 91mm Golfer it is...

Still a nice score!

A Compact is still in the crosshairs

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #296 on: September 07, 2017, 05:48:19 PM
You got your own caddy?! Cool!
 :tu: :tu:

The eyelets are great, you can make lots of different carry options with them.
 :cheers: :salute:

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

us Offline El Corkscrew

Reply #297 on: September 07, 2017, 05:49:28 PM
Thanks, guys!

I'm having a very hard time installing the spring, even after watching so many YouTube tutorial. My Golfer's scisor hole has no chamfer, and the hole itself seems smaller than my newer SAKs. I'll try again tomorrow. In the meantime...

I've run into that problem and addressed with making the spring loop smaller w/ needle nose pliers then using a small nail to bend it back once it's in place.
“All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, and then success is sure.” - Mark Twain

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #298 on: September 07, 2017, 05:51:54 PM
Thanks, guys!

I'm having a very hard time installing the spring, even after watching so many YouTube tutorial. My Golfer's scisor hole has no chamfer, and the hole itself seems smaller than my newer SAKs. I'll try again tomorrow. In the meantime...

I've run into that problem and addressed with making the spring loop smaller w/ needle nose pliers then using a small nail to bend it back once it's in place.

That's a pretty cool idea! I thought of the pliers to make the loop smaller, but hadn't thought about a way to make it regain it's form again.

:hatsoff: :clap:

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #299 on: September 07, 2017, 05:52:32 PM
Thanks, guys!

I usualy try inserting it from the other side if that occurs and use pliers to clamp them in.
Works every time

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD