Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Compact Appreciation

windson · 704 · 54237

gb Offline Fast Bill

• No Life Club
  • Carpe titanium
Re: Compact Appreciation
Reply #480 on: May 20, 2018, 11:43:06 AM
Compact Ti Fisherman. I can't let it become a Shelf Queen
IMG_0653.jpg
* IMG_0653.jpg (Filesize: 304.44 KB)
Per Titanium Ad Tearoom.
Apex predator of fruit cake

ch Offline Syem

• No Life Club
Reply #481 on: May 20, 2018, 02:09:02 PM
Very cool!!

I've just gotten my hands on my first compact. Pre-1991 with no hook and with a fluted corkscrew.

Lovely toolset!

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Reply #482 on: May 20, 2018, 03:16:13 PM

:o that custom!!  :like: :like:
My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

hu Offline Exeter

• No Life Club
Reply #483 on: May 20, 2018, 04:41:06 PM
Very cool!!

I've just gotten my hands on my first compact. Pre-1991 with no hook and with a fluted corkscrew.

Lovely toolset!
(Image removed from quote.)(Image removed from quote.)

Well, then you still don't have your first Compact, as it's a Golfer if we want to be precise. ;) But it's a lovely SAK alright, I have and carry one too!
« Last Edit: May 20, 2018, 04:42:08 PM by Exeter »

gb Offline Fast Bill

• No Life Club
  • Carpe titanium
Reply #484 on: May 20, 2018, 06:21:34 PM
Thanks Syem & Peacent. Fine handiwork on the part of Syph007 there. Wrong weather here to wear the matching cufflinks though ... :rofl:
Per Titanium Ad Tearoom.

ch Offline Syem

• No Life Club
Reply #485 on: May 20, 2018, 06:40:01 PM
Very cool!!

Lovely toolset!

Well, then you still don't have your first Compact, as it's a Golfer if we want to be precise. ;) But it's a lovely SAK alright, I have and carry one too!
Oh well that's confusing! Strange that the early golfer had more in in common with the modern compact than with the modern golfer...

Thanks for the precision! There's always something new to learn and read from the wiki :D

Gotta keep my eye out for a true compact then!

hu Offline Exeter

• No Life Club
Reply #486 on: May 20, 2018, 06:55:50 PM
Very cool!!

Lovely toolset!

Oh well that's confusing! Strange that the early golfer had more in in common with the modern compact than with the modern golfer...

Thanks for the precision! There's always something new to learn and read from the wiki :D

:salute:

My Compact needs are satisfied with the Golfer and a DofE - I'm not missing the hook on the first one (blasphemy, I know!) and I find the Phillips more useful than the corkscrew on the latter (blashpemy #2 :D ).

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Reply #487 on: June 06, 2018, 05:44:41 PM
Very cool!!

Lovely toolset!

:salute:

My Compact needs are satisfied with the Golfer and a DofE - I'm not missing the hook on the first one (blasphemy, I know!) and I find the Phillips more useful than the corkscrew on the latter (blashpemy #2 :D ).

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

nl Offline Ron Who

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • I'm blue!

nl Offline Ron Who

• I'm blue!

fr Offline m47mu74nt

• No Life Club
Reply #490 on: August 20, 2018, 10:07:27 PM
Upgraded Compact (Trail Guide) and its Wenger Bro
Meet me also on youtube & instagram for mostly knives (and multitools) content

us Offline GoatDragon

• SAK 4 life
Reply #491 on: August 21, 2018, 04:44:06 AM

If finding the backside Phillips more useful than the corkscrew is blasphemy, then I too am a blasphemer!  :ahhh

fr Offline m47mu74nt

• No Life Club
Reply #492 on: August 21, 2018, 08:02:30 AM

If finding the backside Phillips more useful than the corkscrew is blasphemy, then I too am a blasphemer!  :ahhh

Considering the tork I put on screws I better not use it -or break it- and choose the corkscrew as micro SD holder
But why would it be a blasphemy? not to be able to untie knots with a CS because you have a SD?  :drink:

pt Offline MacGyver

• No Life Club
Reply #493 on: August 21, 2018, 09:09:37 AM

Considering the tork I put on screws I better not use it -or break it- and choose the corkscrew as micro SD holder
But why would it be a blasphemy? not to be able to untie knots with a CS because you have a SD?  :drink:

I'll have to agree with the medium (not heavy) torque on the backside Phillips. I damaged my super tinker once taking off a plate from a pc tower, and it wasn't really tight. However i still prefer the Phillips because it looks good, feels better on the hand and on the pocket, not really because of its massive usability opposed to the corkscrew  >:D

You can also untie knots as easily with the awl...  :whistle:
"Another Day...; a whole n'other set of fresh possibilities..." - MacGyver (S1E19 - "Slow Death")

hu Offline Exeter

• No Life Club
Reply #494 on: August 21, 2018, 10:03:03 AM

Well it was a bit tongue-in-cheek from my part, just teasing those of us a bit who believe a SAK is not really a SAK without the corkscrew, but all in good fun. :)

fr Offline m47mu74nt

• No Life Club
Reply #495 on: August 21, 2018, 11:04:00 AM
You can also untie knots as easily with the awl...  :whistle:
Only with a Wenger awl!
(and Compact/TrailGuide/Yeoman/... have NO awl..)
 :angel: :angel: :angel:
« Last Edit: August 21, 2018, 11:05:40 AM by m47mu74nt »

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Reply #496 on: August 21, 2018, 11:41:02 AM

I agree, that would be shellfish of you...

:whistle:

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

us Offline trichosirius

Reply #497 on: September 07, 2018, 09:57:54 PM
Let the appreciation continue and give this thread a bump  :hatsoff:

I love my Compact. I used to carry 4+ layers until I discovered how awesome 2 layers feel in hand and in pocket. Now nothing can boot this one from my pocket  :climber:

IMG_20180906_194505.jpg
* IMG_20180906_194505.jpg (Filesize: 376.56 KB)

gb Offline Fast Bill

• No Life Club
  • Carpe titanium
Reply #498 on: September 07, 2018, 11:08:52 PM

I agree, that would be shellfish of you...

:whistle:

:rofl: I’m lichen that  :cheers:
« Last Edit: September 07, 2018, 11:10:04 PM by Fast Bill »
Per Titanium Ad Tearoom.

us Offline Rapidray

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #499 on: September 08, 2018, 12:15:11 AM

I love my Compact. I used to carry 4+ layers until I discovered how awesome 2 layers feel in hand and in pocket. Now nothing can boot this one from my pocket  :climber:
Now this photo is just way to cool!  Just goes to show you all forms of life love SAK’s.  :like:

us Offline trichosirius

Reply #500 on: September 08, 2018, 12:34:55 AM

Now this photo is just way to cool!  Just goes to show you all forms of life love SAK’s.  :like:
I was trying to get a pic of the Compact next to the snail but he seemed eager to spice up the photo  :cheers:

gb Offline Fast Bill

• No Life Club
  • Carpe titanium
Reply #501 on: September 11, 2018, 09:12:35 PM
Been a while since I carried my Compact so today just had to be
IMG_0829.jpg
* IMG_0829.jpg (Filesize: 201.48 KB)
Per Titanium Ad Tearoom.

us Offline Rapidray

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #502 on: September 11, 2018, 09:51:28 PM

I was trying to get a pic of the Compact next to the snail but he seemed eager to spice up the photo  :cheers:
So not only does he have good taste, but he’s a photo ham too!!! Photo is calander worthy!

us Offline El Corkscrew

Reply #503 on: September 18, 2018, 11:28:08 PM
Well prepared for what the urban world throws at me today
20180918_141051_resized_1(1).jpg
* 20180918_141051_resized_1(1).jpg (Filesize: 378.21 KB)
“All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, and then success is sure.” - Mark Twain

gb Offline AimlessWanderer

• Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not a pessimist, I'm an experienced optimist!
Reply #504 on: September 18, 2018, 11:56:22 PM
I have a Compact that I've owned for several years, carried many times, but hardly ever used. The reason for this, is that it lives permanently in the little first aid kit that I'll throw in the bag when away from home. The compact just seems the perfect knife for that role.

I'm unlikely to ever need to saw a branch for a splint - or at least would be unable to, should I need one. My kit, is really just a "booboo" or minor inconvenience kit, rather than anything life saving. A knife, a pair of scissors, tweezers, a pin for digging out splinters, and a pen for emergency notes is all that's really needed. What better knife for tucking in a little kit like that, than the Compact.

I don't mind carrying something a little larger as a pocket knife, but I find it very reassuring to know that should my knife get lost, that trusty Compact is there ready to handle the simple and most frequently encountered challenges that life might throw at me while I'm away from home.

The cantankerous but occasionally useful member, formally known as 50ft-trad

gb Offline Fast Bill

• No Life Club
  • Carpe titanium
Reply #505 on: September 19, 2018, 10:18:28 PM
I have a Compact that I've owned for several years, carried many times, but hardly ever used. The reason for this, is that it lives permanently in the little first aid kit that I'll throw in the bag when away from home. The compact just seems the perfect knife for that role.

I'm unlikely to ever need to saw a branch for a splint - or at least would be unable to, should I need one. My kit, is really just a "booboo" or minor inconvenience kit, rather than anything life saving. A knife, a pair of scissors, tweezers, a pin for digging out splinters, and a pen for emergency notes is all that's really needed. What better knife for tucking in a little kit like that, than the Compact.

I don't mind carrying something a little larger as a pocket knife, but I find it very reassuring to know that should my knife get lost, that trusty Compact is there ready to handle the simple and most frequently encountered challenges that life might throw at me while I'm away from home.

Very well put  :cheers:
Per Titanium Ad Tearoom.

us Offline El Corkscrew

Reply #506 on: September 20, 2018, 05:44:58 AM
Indubitably.  Well said.  :cheers:
“All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, and then success is sure.” - Mark Twain

us Offline Spartan19

• No Life Club
Reply #507 on: October 08, 2018, 05:52:14 PM
Ready for whatever Boston throws my way! :multi:
IMG_20181008_105211.jpg
* IMG_20181008_105211.jpg (Filesize: 104.5 KB)
Send In the spartans

pt Offline MacGyver

• No Life Club
Reply #508 on: October 08, 2018, 09:52:04 PM
OKkk......  So, i'm about to eat my own words in a couple of days, over on countless posts here, about the compact and the combo tool...  :oops:
A friend of mine has a Compact, and i've "played around" with it a bit this weekend, and got me thinking that maybe the combo tool is not soooo bad.... I could probably live with it for the most part of urban EDC.... Even got some ideas to some slight mods on the combo tool to serve as a thinner pry tool/scraper on the bottom side....  :think:

So i by coincidence found a limited offer discount for compacts on a national on line store, for 30€ each, so i ordered one...  :facepalm:
Hey, but as i've already said before, i'm a backup OCD nut, so you can guess what happened with discount and all.....  I ordered TWO....

Now i'm etching for them to arrive...  :mail:
I'll post them here when it does.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2018, 09:54:06 PM by MacGyver »
"Another Day...; a whole n'other set of fresh possibilities..." - MacGyver (S1E19 - "Slow Death")

us Offline El Corkscrew

Reply #509 on: October 08, 2018, 09:56:22 PM
 :rofl: :like: :tu:

:popcorn:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%