Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Vic Swisschamp or Wenger?

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Re: Vic Swisschamp or Wenger?
Reply #30 on: November 06, 2015, 03:51:41 PM
Derek, I really hate to see you trade off such an excellent tool as the TTi. Tell you what, PM me your address and I will send you one of my three SwissChamps.  It wouldn't be the prettiest but it should give you a chance to test it out.

What a generous offer. 

Dmack,  needless to say I also feel the SC is a SAK worth a try.  I love mine and have since day one.  Mine came in pretty rough and with use is even rougher but in no way less capable.  Take s1xty7 up on his offer and work out the details later brother you wont be sorry.  Hang on to your TTi for a while yet. 

My 2c worth. 

Esse Quam Videri

ca Offline derekmac

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Little to the right...
Reply #31 on: November 06, 2015, 05:15:15 PM
I've sent s1xty7 a pm. :)

You all are right, I should keep my TTi. It's a great MT, and I do enjoy carrying it when sheath carrying something won't work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #32 on: November 06, 2015, 05:23:37 PM
 :tu:
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline s1xty7

Reply #33 on: November 06, 2015, 05:26:19 PM
Oh man, I could never accept that.  I'm blown away by the offer though!!!!!

I'd have to find something to send you..... Maybe we can work something out. :tu:

I have to say, what a great morning this is now. It was raining out before I read this, and now the rain has stopped. :)

I've had a lot of generous people do many generous things for me so it's my way of keeping the cycle going.  Besides, I have three of them sitting in drawers I bought for parts but can't bring myself to tear apart any of them.  I've since sourced my parts from other SAKs and they're bigger than the 2 layer ones I normally carry so they just sit.

I'm guessing since you mentioned the parcel hook as a pro, you probably don't want the pre-hook one?  :D

us Offline SAK Guy

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • "Spending all of my money and time Oh, ho ho...'"
Reply #34 on: November 06, 2015, 05:28:21 PM
Just dawned on me......

I'm carrying the Vic Delemont EVO 18 today and you might be interested in something out of this line. It has both Vic and Wenger features and is a winner in my book.

Look at the S54 Tool Chest and the S557.
S54.jpg
* S54.jpg (Filesize: 27.45 KB)
S557.jpg
* S557.jpg (Filesize: 23.21 KB)
- Robert

Quo Fata Ferunt
"It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues." - Ten Bears

ca Offline derekmac

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Little to the right...
Reply #35 on: November 06, 2015, 05:32:06 PM

I'd have to find something to send you..... Maybe we can work something out. :tu:

I have to say, what a great morning this is now. It was raining out before I read this, and now the rain has stopped. :)

I've had a lot of generous people do many generous things for me so it's my way of keeping the cycle going.  Besides, I have three of them sitting in drawers I bought for parts but can't bring myself to tear apart any of them.  I've since sourced my parts from other SAKs and they're bigger than the 2 layer ones I normally carry so they just sit.

I'm guessing since you mentioned the parcel hook as a pro, you probably don't want the pre-hook one?  :D
100% up to you brother. I don't use it often, it's just one of those nice to have things, lol.

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #36 on: November 06, 2015, 05:33:09 PM
I handled the Wenger with the compass thing and didn't care for it.  I like the idea of the wrench tool but  :think:.  I had a Wenger with the pliers and ended up not caring for them.  I do however love the belly on the Wenger main blade  :tu:.  The locking main blade is IMO nice but not needed.

The "fish tickler" on the SC as 50ft puts it  :rofl:, is neutral for me, I dont love or hate it.   
Esse Quam Videri

ca Offline derekmac

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Little to the right...
Reply #37 on: November 06, 2015, 05:33:55 PM

Just dawned on me......

I'm carrying the Vic Delemont EVO 18 today and you might be interested in something out of this line. It has both Vic and Wenger features and is a winner in my book.

Look at the S54 Tool Chest and the S557.
Those are fine looking SAK's!! :drool:

us Offline SAK Guy

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • "Spending all of my money and time Oh, ho ho...'"
Reply #38 on: November 06, 2015, 05:39:56 PM
I handled the Wenger with the compass thing and didn't care for it.  I like the idea of the wrench tool but  :think:.  I had a Wenger with the pliers and ended up not caring for them.  I do however love the belly on the Wenger main blade  :tu:.  The locking main blade is IMO nice but not needed.

The "fish tickler" on the SC as 50ft puts it  :rofl:, is neutral for me, I dont love or hate it.   

I really like the 18's and just ordered one of these today....

EVO 23.jpg
* EVO 23.jpg (Filesize: 63.34 KB)
- Robert

Quo Fata Ferunt
"It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues." - Ten Bears

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #39 on: November 06, 2015, 05:43:56 PM

:o

Now that I like.  I have a S10 that I really like.  I do like me some Wenger scales too. 
Esse Quam Videri

ca Offline derekmac

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Little to the right...
Reply #40 on: November 06, 2015, 09:30:08 PM
I have to give s1xty7 a :hatsoff: .  Can't wait to try my first SwissChamp!!  :woohoo:

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #41 on: November 06, 2015, 10:54:23 PM

Very generous of you   :cheers:

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #42 on: November 07, 2015, 02:21:39 AM

I have to give s1xty7 a :hatsoff: .  Can't wait to try my first SwissChamp!!  :woohoo:

:hatsoff: s1xty7
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline s1xty7

Reply #43 on: November 25, 2015, 07:07:58 PM
So, I don't mean to pry, but what do you think of it?  What are its strengths and weaknesses?  Has it been able to do everything you needed it to do?

Inquiring minds want to know!

ca Offline derekmac

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Little to the right...
Reply #44 on: November 25, 2015, 07:52:12 PM
It's a fantastic knife! It's been able to handle everything I needed to use it for so far. I generally don't need anything HD throughout the day though.

It's Vic quality through and through, and they managed to pack a ton of useful stuff into it. Having all that in something that's easy to through into the pocket is great. The can opener also seems soooo much easier to use where it's bigger and easier to hold.

For what I intend on using it for, and have used it for so far, there are no obvious flaws yet. I'll report them if/when I find them.

us Offline deputy tom

Reply #45 on: March 14, 2016, 07:49:52 PM
I have a Champion that I bought in the early 1970's. I did have a Toolbox plus for a while but it was too big to carry so I traded it off. I also had a Swiss Champ and really want to replace it one of these days. tom.

cough, cough, did someone say they are in need of a SC?  :)

Yes Mike, that was me. tom.  8)
Thig crioch air an t-saoghal ach mairidh gaol agus ceòl The world will come to an end but music and love will endure

ca Offline derekmac

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Little to the right...
Reply #46 on: March 15, 2016, 01:54:40 AM
I've been carrying this 99% of the time, and it's been just fantastic!!!  Perfect knife for daily carry if you ask me. :)

us Offline Barry Rowland

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bon Journee!!
Reply #47 on: March 15, 2016, 11:50:04 PM
 :cheers:

I recommend a Swiss Champ to start...a lotta knife for the price used, on the big auction site. Comparable Wengers can run a lot higher. Love 'em both but if they were vehicles, the Vics are the ones you go mudding in while the Wengers are the ones you cruise with on a fine Sunday afternoon. I mean if I dropped my SC in the lake I would be sad but I dropped my Pointer in the lake...I'm going in after it.   :facepalm:

That's my view...today anyway.   

:D
So should I ask you tomorrow to see what you think? :D  LOL

If I were to trade my TTi, do you think I'd be better off going after a Wenger?

It usually takes several beers days to change my mind. Still think you should start with a SC and use the heck outta it....but then.....Wengers are very nice. :whistle:
Barry

us Offline Barry Rowland

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bon Journee!!
Reply #48 on: March 15, 2016, 11:51:17 PM
Those 18s are a sexy knife!  One of these days one will find its way to my barn!!

Barry

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #49 on: March 16, 2016, 01:06:30 AM
I was an Explorer devotee till I got a Swisschamp. 

I've slowly began to appreciate the Champion but SC is still king. 
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline yud

• No Life Club
  • Still has a SOGgy feeling
Reply #50 on: March 16, 2016, 03:54:14 AM
I was an Explorer devotee till I got a Swisschamp. 

I've slowly began to appreciate the Champion but SC is still king.

I have to say if I had not lost my Champion Plus I would not of gotten a SC and I would have been fine,  I have yet to use the pliers and I don't see them getting much use, but that is a personal opinion.

Just another weirdo with a beard :B:

Knight of the SOSAK and Defender of the sacred nail file

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44