Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Signal owner's club

Monrogue · 850 · 62766

ca Offline JP

Re: Signal owner's club
Reply #300 on: August 02, 2017, 12:19:21 PM
The sheath is cool too!

Sent from my XT1563 using Tapatalk

be Offline Top-Gear-24

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #301 on: August 02, 2017, 12:34:38 PM
Here's where I stand on the Signal ...

When I first saw it I liked the looks of it, but thought my Wave/Charge or Spirit could kick its *ss when it came to functionality.

Then this topic appeared, and more and more MTO'ers started buying and using the Signal for EDC.

Then there was a giveaway last month where you could win a Signal, and this got me thinking about the Signal again.

After I didn't win the giveaway Signal ( :cry:) I checked the local outdoorstore and noticed that the Signal had gone down in price (still more expensive than in the U.S., but at least it's about the same price as a Wave now  ::)).

So I started looking at youtube reviews of the Signal (again  ::)), searched this place and found this topic (again  ::)), looked at the pics here (yes Zoidberg, your pics ...  :twak:).

And ...

Now I want a Signal  :facepalm:.

So once again I've been "tricked" into buying a tool thanks to a giveaway here and/or pics of a fellow MTO member, same thing happened to me with the Leatherman OHT, and with the Charge AL (after seeing daily Charge pics for a month during the Midlman Challenge) and probably a couple of other tools I don't recall at the moment ...

What can I say, "the flesh is weak"  I suppose ...

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #302 on: August 02, 2017, 12:50:44 PM
Same with me TG :facepalm: I am easily swayed when it comes to sharp and shiny though :ahhh :D

I have a lot of tools because of MTO ::) :D

nz Offline Syncop8r

Reply #303 on: August 02, 2017, 02:41:26 PM
I would like to handle one. I think I may not get on with it, not because of the plastic parts but because it has less implements than other tools of comparable size. I think.  :think:

us Offline Barry Rowland

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bon Journee!!
Reply #304 on: August 02, 2017, 03:59:22 PM
I saw my son's in action this past weekend and was pretty impressed!  I don't know if my wife would be impressed enough to let me spend that kind of money to let me have one but I sure liked it!!
Barry

be Offline Top-Gear-24

Reply #305 on: August 03, 2017, 01:01:36 AM
 :facepalm:

Show content
I'm in ...

us Offline Barry Rowland

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bon Journee!!
Reply #306 on: August 03, 2017, 02:19:04 AM
 :tu: :tu:
Barry

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #307 on: August 03, 2017, 02:20:35 AM
Way to go  :tu:
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #308 on: August 03, 2017, 03:32:59 AM
Congrats TG :rofl: :like: :like:

au Offline pietervn

• No Life Club
Reply #309 on: August 03, 2017, 08:14:02 AM
The Signal has surprised quite a few members here, me included. It is probably 90%EDC for me.

What we need to be careful of is to try and make the tool for what it is NOT. In it's own right it is a pretty handy tool. I think a lot of us got hung up on the plastic bits. To be honest, I don't use them at all, and I don't think I ever will. They "disappear" in the tool over time.

I like it!!!

Pete

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #310 on: August 03, 2017, 04:14:33 PM
We certainly gave the tool a beating when it was announced.  I agree I was surprised when I had one ( many ) in hand.  Its a really good platform and as is good tool.  Say what you will about the hammer but I can tell you I have used my Wave and Swisstool as hammers so its a handy feature.  The plastic bits are to me like the can opener on all MTs.  An option of File over Saw would be neat.  Heck I'm all about the blade exchanger so maybe work that into the tool LM  :pok:.  The tool would also benefit from a PE blade.  I understand the thought behind a combo edge but LM  :pok: 99.99% of all bush crafters buy PE knives as do survivalist, just saying.  A real treat would have been the 154CM blade, maybe.   
Esse Quam Videri

nz Offline Syncop8r

Reply #311 on: August 04, 2017, 01:29:58 AM
An option of File over Saw would be neat.  Heck I'm all about the blade exchanger so maybe work that into the tool LM  :pok:.  The tool would also benefit from a PE blade.  I understand the thought behind a combo edge but LM  :pok: 99.99% of all bush crafters buy PE knives as do survivalist, just saying.
I'm sure 99.99% of bushcrafters would prefer a saw over a file too.... just saying...  :whistle:  :pok:  ;)

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #312 on: August 04, 2017, 03:00:09 AM
I just wished they would give us all of the above as options :dd: :like: :D

au Offline ReamerPunch

• Thread Killer 2017
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Born to multitask.
Reply #313 on: August 04, 2017, 03:11:25 AM
So, the Wave blades drop in the Signal?

us Offline Spartan19

• No Life Club
Reply #314 on: August 04, 2017, 05:57:19 AM
Definitely In my top 5 favorite MT's right now. The price was insane, but I think it was worth it! :like:
DSCN2423.JPG
* DSCN2423.JPG (Filesize: 278.48 KB)
Send In the spartans

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #315 on: August 04, 2017, 07:41:07 AM
An option of File over Saw would be neat.  Heck I'm all about the blade exchanger so maybe work that into the tool LM  :pok:.  The tool would also benefit from a PE blade.  I understand the thought behind a combo edge but LM  :pok: 99.99% of all bush crafters buy PE knives as do survivalist, just saying.
I'm sure 99.99% of bushcrafters would prefer a saw over a file too.... just saying...  :whistle:  :pok:  ;)

Very true. 
Esse Quam Videri

au Offline pietervn

• No Life Club
Reply #316 on: August 04, 2017, 08:11:49 AM

It depends...

The Saw and File are interchangeable without any issues. The blade fits pivot wise, but is about 1mm thinner than the Signal blade. It fits, but I found that one has to tighten the pivot screw quite well to stop any wobble. I added two additional brass washers from a MUT and that sorted the pivot issues out. What it does not solve it the blade rubbing against the awl. The Signal blade has an offset bevel to accommodate the awl. I found the Wave blade as well as the Texas Tool Crafter Damascus blade rubbing against the awl when closing. I tried putting all the washers on the inside to space the blade out as far as possible but that did not really help either. I think that with the washers and possibly sanding a small bit off the awl, it should fit. I have not tried that... yet.

Cheers,

Pete 

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #317 on: August 04, 2017, 03:57:34 PM
I just wished they would give us all of the above as options :dd: :like: :D

They put a 154CM blade in the Skeletool RX painted it orange and changed a premium.  Oh and they added a glass breaker bit.  I think the Signal also deserved a "nicer" blade steel.  I know the issue with sharpening does come up but my thought was those who buy this tool have some "experience".  I'm reaching, I know. 

Its such a good platform after having one in hand.  I think I'll have to go back and read what exactly I said about it in the thread where we discussed it.   

Esse Quam Videri

au Offline pietervn

• No Life Club
Reply #318 on: August 05, 2017, 06:15:43 AM
They put a 154CM blade in the Skeletool RX painted it orange and changed a premium.  Oh and they added a glass breaker bit.  I think the Signal also deserved a "nicer" blade steel.  I know the issue with sharpening does come up but my thought was those who buy this tool have some "experience".  I'm reaching, I know. 

I have never had issues with the blade sharpness. It takes an edge very well and keeps it for a good long time. My blade gets used daily and I only touch it up about once a month with some ceramic rods and then a leather strop. Believe me when I say it becomes VERY sharp, hair popping sharp.

au Offline ReamerPunch

• Thread Killer 2017
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Born to multitask.
Reply #319 on: August 05, 2017, 06:54:40 AM

It depends...

The Saw and File are interchangeable without any issues. The blade fits pivot wise, but is about 1mm thinner than the Signal blade. It fits, but I found that one has to tighten the pivot screw quite well to stop any wobble. I added two additional brass washers from a MUT and that sorted the pivot issues out. What it does not solve it the blade rubbing against the awl. The Signal blade has an offset bevel to accommodate the awl. I found the Wave blade as well as the Texas Tool Crafter Damascus blade rubbing against the awl when closing. I tried putting all the washers on the inside to space the blade out as far as possible but that did not really help either. I think that with the washers and possibly sanding a small bit off the awl, it should fit. I have not tried that... yet.

Cheers,

Pete

:salute:
Combo blade it is.

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #320 on: August 11, 2017, 06:09:02 PM
Here's where I stand on the Signal ...

When I first saw it I liked the looks of it, but thought my Wave/Charge or Spirit could kick its *ss when it came to functionality.

Then this topic appeared, and more and more MTO'ers started buying and using the Signal for EDC.

Then there was a giveaway last month where you could win a Signal, and this got me thinking about the Signal again.

After I didn't win the giveaway Signal ( :cry:) I checked the local outdoorstore and noticed that the Signal had gone down in price (still more expensive than in the U.S., but at least it's about the same price as a Wave now  ::)).

So I started looking at youtube reviews of the Signal (again  ::)), searched this place and found this topic (again  ::)), looked at the pics here (yes Zoidberg, your pics ...  :twak:).

And ...

Now I want a Signal  :facepalm:.

So once again I've been "tricked" into buying a tool thanks to a giveaway here and/or pics of a fellow MTO member, same thing happened to me with the Leatherman OHT, and with the Charge AL (after seeing daily Charge pics for a month during the Midlman Challenge) and probably a couple of other tools I don't recall at the moment ...

What can I say, "the flesh is weak"  I suppose ...
Hey buddy.....
:assimilate:

Proud SAKMC member :)

K-Tibbs

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #321 on: August 11, 2017, 06:12:39 PM
Mine has the file ;)

K-Tibbs

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #322 on: August 11, 2017, 06:13:22 PM
Glad to see the Signal has surprised many :tu:  It still remains one of my favorites.

K-Tibbs

us Offline Obi1shinobee

• Master LM Squirt Ps4 And Lord of Navitools
Reply #323 on: August 11, 2017, 08:32:04 PM

au Offline ReamerPunch

• Thread Killer 2017
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Born to multitask.

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #325 on: November 20, 2017, 12:59:29 PM
Nice one RP :like: I am still trying to find one on the cheap :facepalm: :D

us Offline Barry Rowland

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bon Journee!!
Reply #326 on: November 20, 2017, 01:02:15 PM
Me too Poncho!!
Barry

ua Offline in_sympathy

• No Life Club
Reply #327 on: November 26, 2017, 04:33:33 PM
Me too, guys
Dream. Wish. Leave nothing undone. Repeat.

nz Offline Syncop8r

Reply #328 on: November 30, 2017, 11:20:02 AM
I would love to see a Signal Vs MUT comparison...

au Offline pietervn

• No Life Club
Reply #329 on: December 01, 2017, 07:14:41 AM
I would love to see a Signal Vs MUT comparison...

Here you go
IMGP2955.JPG
* IMGP2955.JPG (Filesize: 136.43 KB)
IMGP2956.JPG
* IMGP2956.JPG (Filesize: 124.37 KB)
IMGP2960.JPG
* IMGP2960.JPG (Filesize: 124.85 KB)
IMGP2961.JPG
* IMGP2961.JPG (Filesize: 125.99 KB)

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!