Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Signal owner's club

Monrogue · 849 · 61371

nz Offline Syncop8r

• Absolutely No Life Club
Re: Signal owner's club
Reply #390 on: July 18, 2018, 07:17:43 AM
Cool saw.  :tu:

Oh and :nanadance: :nanadance: :nanadance:

us Offline colt 1911

Reply #391 on: October 08, 2018, 05:00:02 PM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
CHEERS

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #392 on: October 08, 2018, 05:14:05 PM
Nice one !   :like:

us Offline Darrell85

Reply #393 on: December 31, 2018, 05:10:13 PM
My signal has been my go to edc and work carry for probably 1 1/2 years now and it has never let me down, so i decided that she needed a companion.  I have always liked the look of the tan leatherman tools and when i saw this one at near perfect condition for $85 i threw in an offer of $70 on the bay and it was accepted. I already picked up a set of bo scissors for it and a bo blade exchanger is on its way from loki (both purchased before the new tool was).
20181231_094830-1.jpg
* 20181231_094830-1.jpg (Filesize: 177.12 KB)

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #394 on: December 31, 2018, 06:46:09 PM
Looks great Darrell :like:

And I missed that pic of yours colt :ahhh Nice  :o :like:

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #395 on: December 31, 2018, 06:47:03 PM
I like the mod you did Darrell    :like: :tu:

us Offline Darrell85

Reply #396 on: December 31, 2018, 06:52:06 PM
I like the mod you did Darrell    :like: :tu:
Thanks! I has to try out my new dremmel i got for Christmas. Lol. It feels better clipped to my pocket and makes the screwdriver able to be used while the handles are closed. I really like the mod but I will leave the new one intact. Plan on adding to the new one, not taking away.

us Offline Darrell85

Reply #397 on: January 11, 2019, 01:44:55 AM
Latest addition.... Blade exchanger. I just realized looking at the picture, i think it chose its new name.. Man signal. Haha.
20190110_183049-1.jpg
* 20190110_183049-1.jpg (Filesize: 106.72 KB)

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #398 on: January 11, 2019, 03:48:15 AM
 :like: the mod :tu:

us Offline JustinCase

Reply #399 on: June 21, 2019, 07:59:13 PM
I will like to purchase the new Crimson color but what's holding me back is that I'm not sure if the color will peel off the handles very easy ::)  Any advice from those who own colored Signals?

“It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I try a little longer to solve the problem"

spam Offline Happy Gilmore

• No Life Club
Reply #400 on: June 22, 2019, 03:31:39 PM
Latest addition.... Blade exchanger. I just realized looking at the picture, i think it chose its new name.. Man signal. Haha.

Yep, did the man signal as well with the scissors over can opener. My new go too Multitool.

Want the red one sooo bad.

ua Offline in_sympathy

• No Life Club
Reply #401 on: July 14, 2019, 08:30:39 PM
Count me in

Dream. Wish. Leave nothing undone. Repeat.

• No Life Club
Reply #402 on: July 15, 2019, 01:45:09 AM
A very simple hack for the signal that really makes it function as 1/4inch hex driver.

https://youtu.be/QppRHla83kg

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #403 on: July 15, 2019, 12:19:12 PM
Congrats alexanderre :tu: :like:

ua Offline in_sympathy

• No Life Club
Reply #404 on: July 15, 2019, 12:48:19 PM
Congrats alexanderre :tu: :like:
Thanks Poncho

nz Offline Syncop8r

Reply #405 on: July 15, 2019, 01:57:29 PM
A very simple hack for the signal that really makes it function as 1/4inch hex driver.
Good idea HG!  :tu:
And is that a compass on your watch strap?

ua Offline in_sympathy

• No Life Club
Reply #406 on: July 17, 2019, 01:10:37 PM
Noticed a rather weird flaw on my brand new Signal today :(

Has anyone else seen anything similar?

ua Offline in_sympathy

• No Life Club
Reply #407 on: July 17, 2019, 03:38:55 PM
Noticed a rather weird flaw on my brand new Signal today :(

(Image removed from quote.)

Has anyone else seen anything similar?

Even more disappointing- the liner lock on the saw didn’t work at all though engaged and looked just fine, so I got the tool replaced at the store and now have a seemingly flawless one

be Offline Top-Gear-24

Reply #408 on: July 17, 2019, 09:02:23 PM
Even more disappointing- the liner lock on the saw didn’t work at all though engaged and looked just fine, so I got the tool replaced at the store and now have a seemingly flawless one

Good to hear you got a good one the second time  :tu:

Just to be sure, the flaw on the first one, was it the "casting line" in the bitholder?  That looked a little weird indeed, don't know if something like that would create a weak spot, but I wouldn't feel comfortable about that either, so exchanging the tool was the best thing to do in my opinion  ;).

ua Offline in_sympathy

• No Life Club
Reply #409 on: July 17, 2019, 10:34:43 PM
Good to hear you got a good one the second time  :tu:

Just to be sure, the flaw on the first one, was it the "casting line" in the bitholder?  That looked a little weird indeed, don't know if something like that would create a weak spot, but I wouldn't feel comfortable about that either, so exchanging the tool was the best thing to do in my opinion  ;).

Can’t really say what was the cause of it, but I could actually live with it (at least I tried), but a totally malfunctioning liner lock on a saw made me act decisively The new one has a bit stiff to open knife and pliers but I’m sure it’ll get better over time

• No Life Club
Reply #410 on: July 17, 2019, 10:35:56 PM
Good idea HG!  :tu:
And is that a compass on your watch strap?

Yes, Sunto makes an amazing compass called the Clipper. What sets it apart imo is the adjustable dial and a trajectory arrow making it much more usable than some of the cheaper wrist compasses out there.

Cheers,
H.G.

ua Offline in_sympathy

• No Life Club
Reply #411 on: July 19, 2019, 11:25:01 AM
Can’t really say what was the cause of it, but I could actually live with it (at least I tried), but a totally malfunctioning liner lock on a saw made me act decisively The new one has a bit stiff to open knife and pliers but I’m sure it’ll get better over time

So yesterday I wanted to show my lady how the new Signal I got as a replacement works just fine and the liner lock on a saw would withstand the pressure and the moment I tried to show it it collapsed just like the previous one :oops:
But I checked it at the store like 5 times for sure applying really significant amounts of pressure and it did just great... Then I realized that probably the problem is called "Ballistol", which I applied to both tools the moment I brought them home  :D And the cool thing is that there is really no easy way to clean it there, so I guess I'll just have to give it a few days to completely dry out...

Conclusion: beware of using Ballistol with liner locks :multi:

• No Life Club
Reply #412 on: July 19, 2019, 12:52:05 PM
So yesterday I wanted to show my lady how the new Signal I got as a replacement works just fine and the liner lock on a saw would withstand the pressure and the moment I tried to show it it collapsed just like the previous one :oops:
But I checked it at the store like 5 times for sure applying really significant amounts of pressure and it did just great... Then I realized that probably the problem is called "Ballistol", which I applied to both tools the moment I brought them home  :D And the cool thing is that there is really no easy way to clean it there, so I guess I'll just have to give it a few days to completely dry out...

Conclusion: beware of using Ballistol with liner locks :multi:

Goog to know, but honestly when are u ever going to put a lot of pressure on the back of a saw? The blade would be concerning. But I'd be ok using the saw even without a lock

ua Offline in_sympathy

• No Life Club
Reply #413 on: July 19, 2019, 01:10:37 PM
Goog to know, but honestly when are u ever going to put a lot of pressure on the back of a saw? The blade would be concerning. But I'd be ok using the saw even without a lock

Well in a way you are totally right, but it closes even with a really modest pressure added, so might get injured even using a firesteel rod as of now  :dunno:

ua Offline in_sympathy

• No Life Club
Signal owner's club
Reply #414 on: July 19, 2019, 02:10:37 PM
So guys, has any of you been using your Signal on some hiking trips for at least 4-5 days in a row? Was it handy? Did you use it much?

And my main question- how did it stand up to moisture? Did you lube it with anything?

• No Life Club
Reply #415 on: July 19, 2019, 02:46:19 PM
So guys, has any of you been using your Signal on some hiking trips for at least 4-5 days in a row? Was it handy? Did you use it much?

And my main question- how did it stand up to moisture? Did you lube it with anything?

You make a good point about the fire steel. I think you would still need to oil the steel with prolonged exposure based on what happened to my wave. The black oxide one would be much more corrosion resistant. The victorinox steel holds up way better in constant wetness. I have never had an issue however with an s30V blade.

ua Offline in_sympathy

• No Life Club
Reply #416 on: July 19, 2019, 04:21:28 PM
You make a good point about the fire steel. I think you would still need to oil the steel with prolonged exposure based on what happened to my wave. The black oxide one would be much more corrosion resistant. The victorinox steel holds up way better in constant wetness. I have never had an issue however with an s30V blade.

Could you please tell me more about your Wave?

• No Life Club
Reply #417 on: July 19, 2019, 10:21:08 PM
Could you please tell me more about your Wave?

I took my wave camping and got a number of rust spots, was easy to remove with just a little lubricant and a rag..but it still urks me. Honestly I prefer the signal more as an EDC than as a camping tool. For woods, especially wet woods, I prefer the Victorinox Spirit or a BO ST300. I like the removable items on the signal, but they are 100% backup and don’t help with tasks on a day to day as much. Surprisingly, I’ve found the whistle and the other components of the Signal to make a very ideal EDC, but I think they completely missed the mark on a “camping” multitool, it is more of a “survival” MT. The blade is completely awesome! Super robust, but should have been plain edge for wood work. It has a great tool set for an OH smurf! moment however, I’d always rather have a tool that has no removable components so that I am less likely to lose things in the woods. I think ones you try a BO ST300 (not rebar because of the thin blades) you will see what I mean. I am eyeing the red and black Signal so maybe my opinions will change...I dont know.

I carry the signal nearly every day (although mine is heavily modded). I just rather have something more heft as a dedicated woodmans tool.

ua Offline in_sympathy

• No Life Club
Reply #418 on: July 19, 2019, 10:46:54 PM
I took my wave camping and got a number of rust spots, was easy to remove with just a little lubricant and a rag..but it still urks me. Honestly I prefer the signal more as an EDC than as a camping tool. For woods, especially wet woods, I prefer the Victorinox Spirit or a BO ST300. I like the removable items on the signal, but they are 100% backup and don’t help with tasks on a day to day as much. Surprisingly, I’ve found the whistle and the other components of the Signal to make a very ideal EDC, but I think they completely missed the mark on a “camping” multitool, it is more of a “survival” MT. The blade is completely awesome! Super robust, but should have been plain edge for wood work. It has a great tool set for an OH smurf! moment however, I’d always rather have a tool that has no removable components so that I am less likely to lose things in the woods. I think ones you try a BO ST300 (not rebar because of the thin blades) you will see what I mean. I am eyeing the red and black Signal so maybe my opinions will change...I dont know.

I carry the signal nearly every day (although mine is heavily modded). I just rather have something more heft as a dedicated woodmans tool.

Oh, I see your point. Well, I have a Vic Forester I bought specifically for camping and hiking and it did amazing job there really, but it has no pliers and sometimes those are great for taking a pan off the fire. I’ll take both Vic Forester and LM Signal soon on a hike and will share my thoughts on them being used

• No Life Club
Reply #419 on: July 20, 2019, 12:24:26 AM
Oh, I see your point. Well, I have a Vic Forester I bought specifically for camping and hiking and it did amazing job there really, but it has no pliers and sometimes those are great for taking a pan off the fire. I’ll take both Vic Forester and LM Signal soon on a hike and will share my thoughts on them being used

That would be awesome! The signal does have one of the best blades I've seen for its size...why Leatherman ..why the combo blade..it was sooo close to perfect.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%