Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Who is the foremost Leatherman modder ?

00 Offline kwakster

• No Life Club
Who is the foremost Leatherman modder ?
on: August 22, 2008, 06:58:07 PM
Title says it all, who is considered to be the most important Leatherman modder around here, the one who almost lives to mod these things, and the one you ask for advice when you are going to try your own Leatherman modding ?

You see, i have a spare set of flat iron tools with which any Leatherman with knurled screws can be opened, only for the Wave and the Charge models you need a 6 wing Torx 10 these days, which anyone can buy themselves.
Not these flat iron tools however, as they are genuine Leatherman issue which can't be bought anywhere.

Best would be some sort of a central person who also could help others out with these tools, but i'm not sure this can be arranged,

Offline Tarrodemierda

• No Life Club
  • Smells like tar and smoke.
Re: Who is the foremost Leatherman modder ?
Reply #1 on: August 22, 2008, 07:06:07 PM
im not the most,but im tryin to become one useful modder since things like Rodions knifeless fuse,theyre really intresting ones to do and try to make it clean,keep it nicely finished and all.i have quite good set of tools,from compressor,angle grinders,tig welding equipment,all kinds of small tools,diamond files,etc already and so on.i have lot of free time to make mods and like doin that stuff,not for the money but just for kicks.i live far away but hey,postal service is there.
i dont mind doing mods and maintenance for any of the mebers,that would be cool as it gets.

so im a selfish ba*d and call my self in game :D :D

and if i can suggest anyone else,id give those to some one whos known well to be user of mt´s since user folk are more likely to need those tools to replace blades and so on,unlike safe queen folk who just let them dust :D :D :D  :multi:
« Last Edit: August 22, 2008, 07:15:40 PM by Tarrodemierda »

no Offline Offroad

Reply #2 on: August 22, 2008, 07:06:43 PM
wow... are you giving away a set of those, they are really hard to get, almost impossible.......almost  :D

us Offline Mike

• No Life Club
  • Shop smart, shop S-Mart.
Reply #3 on: August 22, 2008, 07:28:55 PM
Scibeer or maybe even J-Sews are two that come to mind. Though Scibeer I think does primarily SAK's, but J-Sews does dabble in multi's. Two honest guys who do very nice work. Not sure we have Leatherman speSmurfpillst though. Considering what you did with that Wave you so generously gave away (congrats Flash), you might just be in the running yourself. :D

Mike
« Last Edit: August 22, 2008, 07:31:35 PM by mike »
Common sense ..... so rare, it's virtually a super power.

us Offline Spoonrobot

• No Life Club
Reply #4 on: August 22, 2008, 07:35:24 PM
I'd say, other than the OP, probably J-sews. There is a set of knurled sockets that someone commissioned a while ago, not sure where they went but I recall them being fairly expensive to produce.

Seems like most everyone else here dabbles in modding as needed.

Offline Tarrodemierda

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: August 22, 2008, 07:38:06 PM
yeah,J-sews might be the one indeed. :cheers:

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #6 on: August 22, 2008, 07:59:03 PM
I will have the custom built ones back in my greedy lil paws very soon... then no Leatherman is safe from me!  Mwah ha ha haaaa!  :D

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline Smitty44

• No Life Club
Reply #7 on: August 22, 2008, 09:29:19 PM
My vote would be for J-sews also,but I really appreciate your work Kwakster. :salute: :salute:

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • Just Awesome! And a Slayer of Polar Bear!
Reply #8 on: August 23, 2008, 12:31:38 AM
Another vote for Bob (J-sews) here.  :)

Bob, if you get them can I borrow them to sort out my Supertool please?  :D
I'm back!!

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #9 on: August 23, 2008, 01:00:30 AM
Yep J-sews :D He is the MT modder  ;) mostly the others modders focus on SAKs and some MTs but Bob is usually all MT ::) :D

Offline max6166

• No Life Club
Reply #10 on: August 23, 2008, 01:14:08 AM
And J-sews has always shared the wealth with lots of detailed posts, photos and videos, so we all benefit!

[

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #11 on: August 23, 2008, 06:32:39 AM
Bah, don't believe anything these shifty-eyed devils are saying kwakster. :twak: :D

Say, that is mighty nice of you to offer up the flat iron tools. :) Are they the same as those you pictured in this thread HERE?

Those look a lot sturdier than the Kick pocket clips I've been using. I'd be happy to coordinate some sort of passaround program for these flat iron tools so that anyone who wanted could get a chance to use them. We'd have to be on gaurd against the tools getting "lost" somehow though. Devices like these are almost irreplacable.
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

gb Offline Mike, Lord of the Spammers!

• Chief of the Absolutely No Life Club!
  • Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here...
  • Why haven't you got a Farmer yet!
Reply #12 on: August 23, 2008, 09:06:57 AM
Another vote for the Bobster :)

But I'd say you were up the too Kwakster mate :)
Give in, buy several Farmer's!!!!!!

00 Offline kwakster

• No Life Club
Reply #13 on: August 23, 2008, 10:47:46 AM
Bah, don't believe anything these shifty-eyed devils are saying kwakster. :twak: :D

Say, that is mighty nice of you to offer up the flat iron tools. :) Are they the same as those you pictured in this thread HERE?

(Image removed from quote.)

Those look a lot sturdier than the Kick pocket clips I've been using. I'd be happy to coordinate some sort of passaround program for these flat iron tools so that anyone who wanted could get a chance to use them. We'd have to be on gaurd against the tools getting "lost" somehow though. Devices like these are almost irreplacable.

The flat iron tools in the picture are what i call 'doubles' because they can open 2 types of knurled screws, from these i only have the ones you see in the picture and they are in my private collection.

The ones i'm offering however are 'singles', models that can open only 1 type of knurled screw.
I have a few of these which can open the type of screw you'll find on a PST, and a few that can open the ones on a Micra.
However, i have no singles that can open the larger knurled screws you'll find on the Supertool.

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • Just Awesome! And a Slayer of Polar Bear!
Reply #14 on: August 23, 2008, 12:36:20 PM
Looks like Kick pocket clips are the way to go then (for my Supertool I mean).  :)
I'm back!!

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #15 on: August 23, 2008, 03:42:48 PM
........I have a few of these which can open the type of screw you'll find on a PST, and a few that can open the ones on a Micra.
However, i have no singles that can open the larger knurled screws you'll find on the Supertool.

The Kick pocket clips only work on the medium size screws like those on the PST. :-\

Tools that would remove the little screws found on a Micra would be handy. Micras are cheap enough to buy and play around with. Plus quite a few folks were interested in the idea of modding a key blade to their Micra. LINK I've never taken one apart but it sounds like a fun project. :)

« Last Edit: August 23, 2008, 03:44:20 PM by J-sews »
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #16 on: August 24, 2008, 10:45:36 PM
I should have my Micra soon to try the key mod... I was going to try doing it with pliers or vise grips, but if the "real" tool is available, I might want to get on board and try that!

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

00 Offline kwakster

• No Life Club
Reply #17 on: August 27, 2008, 04:50:12 PM
After another search through my stuff it turns out that i can put together not 1 but 2 complete sets of Leatherman maintenance tools.
Each set consists of 1 flat iron tool for the Micra model, 1 flat iron tool for the PST model (and various others), plus 2 sockets for the Supertool.

The lucky winners are J-sews and Tarrodemierda, each of them is going to receive one of these sets within the next 2 weeks.

I hope i made a good choice so that as many forum members as possible can benefit from these tools.
To both receivers/caretakers: please use these tools wisely and try not to break them or loose them, as i don't have anymore spares.
Also, please don't sell them off, i could have done that many times over.

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #18 on: August 27, 2008, 04:53:34 PM
That's amazingly generous of you!  :D

I'm sure Bob and Mikko will treasure them- both are great guys and I can't see them trading or selling these tools to anyone else... except maybe me!  :P

Def

Offline Tarrodemierda

• No Life Club
Reply #19 on: August 27, 2008, 05:17:59 PM
Thank you Sir,thank you indeed :salute:

i promise ofcourse not to make any profit with those and im not goin to trade/sell those away,and im just glad if i can help any guys with these tools,by any means.

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #20 on: August 28, 2008, 04:35:54 AM
Thank you Sir,thank you indeed :salute:

i promise ofcourse not to make any profit with those and im not goin to trade/sell those away,and im just glad if i can help any guys with these tools,by any means.

Here here, same as what Mikko said! I'll let everyone know when they arrive, maybe do a little playing with them myself (and post the results of course) then make them available to anyone else.

Thanks again from all of us kwakster!! :multi:

Offline max6166

• No Life Club
Reply #21 on: August 28, 2008, 04:41:34 AM
The lucky winners are J-sews and Tarrodemierda, each of them is going to receive one of these sets within the next 2 weeks.

I hope i made a good choice so that as many forum members as possible can benefit from these tools.

I think you made 2 excellent choices, kwakster. Thanks from all of us!  :cheers:
[

gb Offline Roadie

• No Life Club
  • Hello...is this thing on?
Reply #22 on: August 28, 2008, 10:34:58 AM
That is an awesome giveaway kwakster 8) Hope Bob and Mikko do some cool stuff now :pok: :D
Life is like a sandwich...the older it gets the crustier it becomes!

au Offline MultiMat

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • The MTO handshake.
Reply #23 on: August 28, 2008, 11:21:07 AM
Kwakaman again amazing giveaway/s . I am just a little jealous of Bob & Mikko.  :D

"Downunder Mod (that sounds dirty, doesn't it?)"
Yeh Baby :P >:D >:D

Offline Tarrodemierda

• No Life Club
Reply #24 on: August 28, 2008, 02:06:34 PM
send your tools guys,to me and ill ship them back in very surprising condition and odd tool set ups :D

no Offline Medic82

• No Life Club
  • You will not laugh! You will not cry!
Reply #25 on: August 28, 2008, 03:21:03 PM
Hurray for J-man Mikko!!!!!
There is no problem that cannot be solved by the use of high explosives.

00 Offline kwakster

• No Life Club
Reply #26 on: August 28, 2008, 03:49:09 PM
The set for J-sews is on it's way to him, Tarrodemierda's set takes a while longer as i need to gather some extra stuff to put in the package,  :D

Offline Tarrodemierda

• No Life Club
Reply #27 on: August 28, 2008, 04:51:43 PM
Roger That sir,and thanks again :salute:

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #28 on: August 29, 2008, 03:32:20 AM
The set for J-sews is on it's way to him, Tarrodemierda's set takes a while longer as i need to gather some extra stuff to put in the package,  :D

I'll let you all know when they arrive. Thanks again kwakster! :)

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #29 on: August 29, 2008, 04:03:32 AM
 :o Congrats guys :salute: Hope that they serve you well :D I expect many wonderful mods out of this  :pok: and plenty of pics of them as well ;) :D

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%