Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Leatherman Fuse /Stanley Mug gift set $12.48

us Offline parnass

• No Life Club
  • 4x4 since '74
Leatherman Fuse /Stanley Mug gift set $12.48
on: January 19, 2007, 10:27:23 PM
An Adventure Ready combination gift set of a Leatherman Fuse multiool / nylon sheath and Stanley 18 ounce mug is on clearance sale at my local Target store (Illinois, USA) for $12.48.  The original price was $49.99.
fuse-mug.jpg
* fuse-mug.jpg (Filesize: 33.99 KB)
Retired engineer, author.

A man with one multitool always knows exactly which to use. A man with many multitools is never quite sure. - parnass

us Offline CacherX4

Re: Leatherman Fuse /Stanley Mug gift set $12.48
Reply #1 on: January 19, 2007, 11:21:35 PM
I have been watching that at my local Targets also and they have still been at $24.95.  I guess I know where I'll be tonight.. >:D

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #2 on: January 20, 2007, 02:47:21 AM
DANG!
(I was going to stop at Target on my way home this evening, but forgot!)
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

us Offline parnass

• No Life Club
  • 4x4 since '74
Reply #3 on: January 20, 2007, 03:00:25 AM
I have been watching that at my local Targets also and they have still been at $24.95.  I guess I know where I'll be tonight.. >:D

Each Target sets its own clearance price schedule, so your Target may still have them priced at $24.95.  After examining the mug and Fuse, I probably would not pay $25 for the combination.

The mug is fairly low quaility -- has trouble standing up straight due to a non-flat bottom.  Inside is plastic -- not steel as the box misdleads.  Cannot be washed in a dishwasher.

The is my first experience with the Fuse/Blast/Core series of Leatherman tools which employ plastic handle liners.  The plastic liner in the Fuse handles had very sharp, uncomfortable edges which I had to trim using (what else?) the knife from another multitool.

Handle a Fuse and a Victorinox Spirit side by side and you will understand the meaning of "fit and finish."
Retired engineer, author.

A man with one multitool always knows exactly which to use. A man with many multitools is never quite sure. - parnass

us Offline CacherX4

Reply #4 on: January 20, 2007, 03:06:09 AM
Well, to be honest, the mug would have been given away anyways and I would be happy with a $12.98 Fuse...however my Target (I stopped at two of them since they are so close together around here) is sold out.  I guess I am only allowed one good tool deal at a time.  I got the Core for $28.xx a week or so ago.  I have been EDC it and it's not bad, but no pocket clip, I like the clip so back to the Charge I went. 
Thanks for the heads up anyways Parnass.

Jim

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #5 on: January 20, 2007, 03:14:24 AM
.........After examining the mug and Fuse, I probably would not pay $25 for the combination.

The mug is fairly low quaility -- has trouble standing up straight due to a non-flat bottom.  Inside is plastic -- not steel as the box misdleads.  Cannot be washed in a dishwasher.

Well now I don't feel so bad about forgetting to stop....
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #6 on: January 21, 2007, 04:58:07 AM
I stopped at Target today, but didn't buy anything. They had one lonely Leatherman Kick, and a bunch of Chinese no-name brands. They also had the Fuse/Stanley mug combo, clearance priced at $24.95. The whole bottom shelf of the display was filled with these. Like parnass mentioned, the original price had been $49.

I can see why they didn't sell very many at that price.  :P

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #7 on: January 21, 2007, 04:59:24 AM
Still not as nice as my mug... :P

Def

* SOSAK_Mug.JPG (Filesize: 41.72 KB)
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%