Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Yalumi Spark Pro (headlamp) impressions.

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Yalumi Spark Pro (headlamp) impressions.
on: November 21, 2015, 05:50:07 PM
My interest in this particular brand was by chance.  I was in the market for a good headlamp with different modes and light colors.  Most are aware of Petzl and Black Diamond while Yalumi seems pretty unknown.  Yalumi also seemed to be sparse on user testimonials.  I didn't find much information on either prominent flashlight forum either.  There was one review that was informative,

http://www.outdoorgearlab.com/Headlamp-Reviews/Yalumi-Spark-Pro-120

I read reviews on Amazone and took a look at Yalumi's website as well.  After absorbing all I was able to learn I decided to go for this light.

Yalumi Spark Pro
http://www.yalumi.com/spark-pro.html

I was drawn to this particular model due to the proximal beam lo/hi feature.  At camp having a light that is floody is great and having 2 brightness levels is a nice touch.  I also like the red mode for inside the tent or for not ruining night adjusted eyes.  The information that I was able to collect also suggested this was the brightest light for the money (120lm).

I was sadly not happy with the 120lm claim.  It was not near as bright as the Spark Dual which claimed ( 105lm ).  I did however love the other features.

Noteworthy,  there were reviews that raised issues with the battery compartment latch.  There were also questions raised about incidental activation due to not having a locking switch. 

I share the concern of the "flimsy" latch on the battery compartment.  I wouldn't store my light with batteries so not having a lock is not a huge concern of mine.   

I will be returning this headlamp due to my expectations of the claimed 120lm high and it not delivering on that expectation.

IMG_9570.jpg
* IMG_9570.jpg (Filesize: 176.88 KB)
« Last Edit: November 21, 2015, 05:51:10 PM by Aloha007 »
Esse Quam Videri

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • I may get older but I refuse to grow up.
Re: Yalumi Spark Pro (headlamp) impressions.
Reply #1 on: November 23, 2015, 06:07:34 PM
Let us know how it behaves after some use. :cheers:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44