Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

You know your spending too much on multi-tools when.....

us Offline SAK Guy

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • "Spending all of my money and time Oh, ho ho...'"
Re: You know your spending too much on multi-tools when.....
Reply #30 on: December 02, 2015, 04:41:16 AM
Here's an updated version of one of mine.....

If you have 100+ lbs of SAKs and 12 year old tennis shoes!!! :facepalm:

but do you play tennis?  if not, no problem

:D

Hey, I'm in my mid 50's....any low top athletic shoe is a tennis shoe.   :D 

They failed me in the rain the other day and morphed into a front end loader. Been re-glued so many times that I'm gonna have to start wearing my boots. 
Tennis shoes.JPG
* Tennis shoes.JPG (Filesize: 90.05 KB)
- Robert

Quo Fata Ferunt
"It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues." - Ten Bears

au Offline TheDude

• "What is the riddle of steel?"
Reply #31 on: December 02, 2015, 11:28:48 AM

#13 when your pillowcase has Swiss Army knives all over it.

Wait! You can get a pillow case with SAK's on it? :drool:
Eventually even McGyver got himself a Leatherman

us Offline leathermon

• Better to have a tool, than be a tool.
Reply #32 on: December 02, 2015, 12:45:05 PM
My wife just told me I don't clean anything around the house, unless it's a knife or multitool. She only got mad when I took it as a compliment.

us Offline ToolJoe

• No Life Club
Reply #33 on: December 02, 2015, 04:31:47 PM
#19 If you know all the places on your ride home from work you could stop and handle a mt in your hand before buying it online.

#20 You can recite all the different SAK sizes in your sleep.
I knew my wife was a keeper when she transitioned from calling it a knife thingy to a multi-tool.

I might be crazy but it's kept me from going insane- Waylon Jennings

us Offline tjfarrington2000

Reply #34 on: December 02, 2015, 05:56:38 PM

Wait! You can get a pillow case with SAK's on it? :drool:
I have no idea

Sent from my outdated communication device using an obsolete application

nl Offline anditsgone

Reply #35 on: December 02, 2015, 06:36:07 PM
#01 You spend more on tools per annum than your wife spends at the salon.
#02 baked beans on toast is the only menu option.
#03 you have more multitools than regular tools in a toolbox.
#04 Chako gets jealous  :P
#05 You just know it... :facepalm:
#06 You make lists to help justify the amount of money you spend on tools you neither need or use.
#07 You're worried about when you finally get your list of MTs (a spreadsheet) up to date and can sum the costs column  :facepalm:
#08 You realize that what you have at home equals 6.6 times the minimal wage/salary in your country :facepalm:
#09 You're getting new MT's faster than Harley can ask you to forward them to him.
#10 You buy a shop cabinet to display them in.
#11 Significant Other asks 'what did you get now?' when you do something nice for them or get them something.
#12 when your parents buy you a knife, and you show them the other 14 of the same model that you already have.
#14 You spot a multi tool on sale and you automatically calculate how many you would have to buy so that after selling the extras you'd get to keep one for yourself, for free.
#15 You know the above scheme never works because, if you're honest with yourself, you know there's never really any extras. :facepalm:
#16 You start wondering what else you have that you can sell on E-bay so you can buy more MT's   :facepalm: :facepalm:
#17 A new multitool comes onto the market, and just from a few pictures you can see how it is likely to handle, which features will work for you and what might not, where any potential mechanical weaknesses might be, and start building a mental list of what items would pair well with it to compliment it's tool load with minimal duplication ..... all in less than a minute
#18 When you have a pile of multitools besides your bed.  :think:

us Offline Yalius

Reply #36 on: December 02, 2015, 10:28:03 PM

#06 You make lists to help justify the amount of money you spend on tools you neither need or use.
#07 You're worried about when you finally get your list of MTs (a spreadsheet) up to date and can sum the costs column  :facepalm:
#08 You realize that what you have at home equals 6.6 times the minimal wage/salary in your country :facepalm:
#09 You're getting new MT's faster than Harley can ask you to forward them to him.
#11 Significant Other asks 'what did you get now?' when you do something nice for them or get them something.
#12 when your parents buy you a knife, and you show them the other 14 of the same model that you already have.
#14 You spot a multi tool on sale and you automatically calculate how many you would have to buy so that after selling the extras you'd get to keep one for yourself, for free.
#15 You know the above scheme never works because, if you're honest with yourself, you know there's never really any extras. :facepalm:
#16 You start wondering what else you have that you can sell on E-bay so you can buy more MT's   :facepalm: :facepalm:
#17 A new multitool comes onto the market, and just from a few pictures you can see how it is likely to handle, which features will work for you and what might not, where any potential mechanical weaknesses might be, and start building a mental list of what items would pair well with it to compliment it's tool load with minimal duplication ..... all in less than a minute
#19. You have to add a new homeowner's insurance rider.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2015, 10:30:16 PM by Yalius »

gb Offline AimlessWanderer

• Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not a pessimist, I'm an experienced optimist!
Reply #37 on: December 02, 2015, 10:38:31 PM
We dropped some along the way guys  :pok:

The cantankerous but occasionally useful member, formally known as 50ft-trad

us Offline ColoSwiss

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #38 on: December 02, 2015, 10:43:11 PM
#20. They're the number one item in your monthly budget, or would be if you had the nerve to total them all up.

us Offline tjfarrington2000

Reply #39 on: December 07, 2015, 02:13:48 PM

#20. They're the number one item in your monthly budget, or would be if you had the nerve to total them all up.
#21. When you stick around at MtO

Sent from my outdated communication device using an obsolete application

us Offline Alan K.

• Thread Killer 2019
Reply #40 on: December 07, 2015, 04:58:47 PM
We dropped some along the way guys  :pok:

We dropped these:

#18 They're the number one item in your monthly budget, or would be if you had the nerve to total them all up.
#19 If you know all the places on your ride home from work you could stop and handle a mt in your hand before buying it online.

So, these needed to be re numbered as 21, 22, 23 and 24 :

#21. When you stick around at MtO

« Last Edit: December 07, 2015, 05:09:06 PM by Alan K. »

us Offline Alan K.

• Thread Killer 2019
Reply #41 on: December 07, 2015, 05:06:29 PM
corrected list.

#18 They're the number one item in your monthly budget, or would be if you had the nerve to total them all up.
#21 When you have a pile of multitools besides your bed.  :think:
#22 You have to add a new homeowner's insurance rider.
#23 They're the number one item in your monthly budget, or would be if you had the nerve to total them all up.
#24 When you stick around at MtO
« Last Edit: December 07, 2015, 05:09:57 PM by Alan K. »

us Offline sLaughterMed

• No Life Club
  • Nothing's typical around here
Reply #42 on: December 07, 2015, 05:35:25 PM
corrected list.

#23 They're the number one item in your monthly budget, or would be if you had the nerve to total them all up.

Lets get this guy a medal!
or at least an OCD Badge
Laughter is the best Medicine
Slaughter is just Laughter with an "S"

We are looking for Multitool Encyclopedia Editors! If you are interested, please give me a PM!

The Multitool Encyclopedia Editing for Dummies Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65751.0.html
Multitool Encyclopedia Suggested Edits Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65746.0.html

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #43 on: December 07, 2015, 07:17:20 PM
My wife just told me I don't clean anything around the house, unless it's a knife or multitool. She only got mad when I took it as a compliment.

:rofl:
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline HarleyXJGuy

Reply #44 on: December 07, 2015, 07:26:11 PM
The original question is flawed.

There is no spending to much money on tools, nice try.

Forgot to add I approve number 9 and would like to add one of my own.

#1134 You have MTs in all the cup holders of your car for no good reason.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2015, 07:29:01 PM by HarleyXJGuy »

us Offline Alan K.

• Thread Killer 2019
Reply #45 on: December 08, 2015, 05:18:26 AM
corrected list.

or at least an OCD Badge

I don't have OCD.  I have CDO, it is similar to OCD, but the abbreviation is in the correct, alphabetical order.  Now please excuse me while I go and wash my hands three times.

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #46 on: December 08, 2015, 06:26:47 AM
corrected list.

or at least an OCD Badge

I don't have OCD.  I have CDO, it is similar to OCD, but the abbreviation is in the correct, alphabetical order.  Now please excuse me while I go and wash my hands three times.

Was the mis quote deliberate?   :think:   I find it rather funny...

au Offline pietervn

• No Life Club
Reply #47 on: December 08, 2015, 09:16:16 AM
#18 They're the number one only item in your monthly budget, or would be if you had the nerve to total them all up.

Fixed this one  ;)

us Offline ColoSwiss

Reply #48 on: December 08, 2015, 11:44:22 AM
corrected list.

#18 and #23 are duplicates. So instead of OCD its    :facepalm:

gr Offline firiki

• Cats have pocket knives of their own
Reply #49 on: December 08, 2015, 12:00:09 PM

There, I think the list looks better now. I'm not sure I haven't missed anything though  :-[
Omnia vincit amor. Vae victis.

us Offline SAK Guy

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • "Spending all of my money and time Oh, ho ho...'"
Reply #50 on: December 08, 2015, 04:05:06 PM
Missed mine.....

"If you have 100+ lbs of SAKs and 12 year old tennis shoes!!!"
http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,63401.msg1190620.html#msg1190620
- Robert

Quo Fata Ferunt
"It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues." - Ten Bears

us Offline THE_LONGBOW

Reply #51 on: December 09, 2015, 02:20:44 AM

#23 When your car is older than your vintage multitools.

BTW I did a #22 awhile back.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD