Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Shop projects

Sparky415 · 590 · 49604

fr Offline Whoey

• Administrator
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • I am geek, hear me code
Re: Shop projects
Reply #60 on: December 30, 2016, 03:56:13 PM
I'm actually tempted to a more dremel based setup, since I really do not have space, and anything must be gathered up and stored away. Also it's unlikely I'm going to do any large scale projects here. As mentioned, that may involve rental or similar.
The difficult we do immediately, the impossible takes a little longer.

gb Offline Sparky415

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #61 on: December 30, 2016, 09:48:21 PM

We have a thing called Men's sheds association here in the UK that sounds like a good idea, you can go along and use equipment and get help working on tools there  :tu:
I don't know if you have anything like this where you are Whoey  :think:

http://menssheds.org.uk/
Everything’s adjustable

us Offline Yadda

• No Life Club
  • Lifelike and remarkably self similar
Reply #62 on: December 30, 2016, 10:32:52 PM
I well understand your lack of space issues, but there is still a tool solution.  You are correct.  Shopmiths are too large.  You need a Porta Shop!

http://vintagemachinery.org/photoindex/detail.aspx?id=9493

This is the electric multi tool that might meet your needs!
"It didn't hurt, flirt, blood squirt, stuffed shirt, hang me on a tree
After I count down three rounds, in Hell I'll be in good company" -  The Dead South

fr Offline Whoey

• Administrator
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #63 on: December 31, 2016, 01:01:40 PM

We have a thing called Men's sheds association here in the UK that sounds like a good idea, you can go along and use equipment and get help working on tools there  :tu:

no idea, Grant & I were discussing a similar idea some time ago

I well understand your lack of space issues, but there is still a tool solution.  You are correct.  Shopmiths are too large.  You need a Porta Shop!

http://vintagemachinery.org/photoindex/detail.aspx?id=9493

This is the electric multi tool that might meet your needs!
That's a neat looking rig, makes you wonder why it's vintage and not still readily available.

gb Offline Sparky415

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #64 on: December 31, 2016, 05:53:03 PM

no idea, Grant & I were discussing a similar idea some time ago

This looks like a good idea if you can find one
https://www.makerspaces.com/what-is-a-makerspace/
Everything’s adjustable

gb Offline Sparky415

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #65 on: December 31, 2016, 06:02:44 PM

Ah so this is how you can find them here in the UK (I know you are not here Whoey)

http://www.hackspace.org.uk/wiki/Main_Page

:cheers:
Everything’s adjustable

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Reply #66 on: December 31, 2016, 07:34:19 PM
I'm kinda tempted for a Dremel workshop, cause I have absolutely no room, but back when I did have a shed as a workshop I kinda made my own setup, one of those shopsmiths would have been perfect but I never knew of them. But what I did was make a unique table, where the center lifted out and you could attach a hand power tool to make it into a full size piece of equipment. I don't have any pics of it except me cutting a full sheet of plywood on it. But the circular saw turned into a table saw, also the jig, and the router, all on a 4' x 2' table, I also put glides and the switch was no more then a normal 3way house switch that controlled a outlet on the back but I broke the connectors on the outlet so I could put a foot switch on, so one outlet was on/off, and the other you had to turn the switch off and it put the power to the foot switch, I did find a pic of a unique setup, again uses all hand power tools and turns them into full size.

Any info on that porta shop? That looks interesting..
JR
IMG_5530.PNG
* IMG_5530.PNG (Filesize: 156.25 KB)
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

fr Offline Whoey

• Administrator
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #67 on: December 31, 2016, 07:38:53 PM
I'm sure my neighbours would love me having access to power tools in my office space, considering I can hear them cooing their newborn every day through the wall of our apartment...

gb Offline Sparky415

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #68 on: December 31, 2016, 11:07:51 PM
I'm kinda tempted for a Dremel workshop, cause I have absolutely no room, but back when I did have a shed as a workshop I kinda made my own setup, one of those shopsmiths would have been perfect but I never knew of them. But what I did was make a unique table, where the center lifted out and you could attach a hand power tool to make it into a full size piece of equipment. I don't have any pics of it except me cutting a full sheet of plywood on it. But the circular saw turned into a table saw, also the jig, and the router, all on a 4' x 2' table, I also put glides and the switch was no more then a normal 3way house switch that controlled a outlet on the back but I broke the connectors on the outlet so I could put a foot switch on, so one outlet was on/off, and the other you had to turn the switch off and it put the power to the foot switch, I did find a pic of a unique setup, again uses all hand power tools and turns them into full size.

JR

Nice looking set up JR  :salute:

I'm sure my neighbours would love me having access to power tools in my office space, considering I can hear them cooing their newborn every day through the wall of our apartment...

:rofl:

Everything’s adjustable

us Offline BlueDot

Reply #69 on: January 01, 2017, 04:41:32 AM
I sometimes wonder why I keep all this crap  :shrug:

:think: :think:

This would make a good thread all by itself Mr. S.
There are just 10 types of people in the world:  those who understand binary number systems, and those who don't

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #70 on: January 01, 2017, 07:46:31 AM

JR

:rofl:

Oh that's not my setup, just something to give the idea of what I kinda did, sorry..
JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

gb Offline Sparky415

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #71 on: January 01, 2017, 11:24:52 AM
I sometimes wonder why I keep all this crap  :shrug:

:think: :think:

This would make a good thread all by itself Mr. S.

Frazier could make a whole episode about me?  :whistle:

Oh that's not my setup, just something to give the idea of what I kinda did, sorry..
JR
[/quote]

Yep I get that, it is what you used to have  :salute:
I wish I had room for something like that

Everything’s adjustable

us Offline ToolJoe

• No Life Club
Reply #72 on: January 01, 2017, 03:21:36 PM
I need to mount new tires and retaps the handlebars on my bike. I'd do it in my shop. Does this qualify??
I knew my wife was a keeper when she transitioned from calling it a knife thingy to a multi-tool.

I might be crazy but it's kept me from going insane- Waylon Jennings

gb Offline Sparky415

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #73 on: January 01, 2017, 04:49:47 PM

Only if you show us some pictures Joe  :tu:

And we want to see how tidy your workbench is  :pok:

Everything’s adjustable

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #74 on: January 07, 2017, 02:33:23 AM
Ok, my first project of the new year, what is it you ask? I had no clue these things even existed until I even saw one on amazon, even after seeing it I had to do research. But I liked it and kinda needed one so I set sail to the hobby desk to fig it out,

Now, if I had a little workshop with a coping saw and a barrel sander or belt sander I would have had this thing done in 5min, but I don't so I ended up using a Dremel for everything except the fine sanding and rubbing leather on the edges. Besides that all it is, is a small piece of plywood I pulled out of the basement by cutting with the sak farmer saw!

So here it is, a thumb book page holder, hey it works, I'm down with it, I'll have to try it out tonight!
JR
IMG_5739.PNG
* IMG_5739.PNG (Filesize: 295.19 KB)
IMG_5740.PNG
* IMG_5740.PNG (Filesize: 205.96 KB)

gb Offline Sparky415

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #75 on: January 07, 2017, 08:29:06 AM

So here it is, a thumb book page holder, hey it works, I'm down with it, I'll have to try it out tonight!
JR

I never knew something like that existed  :o
Thanks, cool little thing  :tu:
Everything’s adjustable

fr Offline Whoey

• Administrator
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #76 on: January 07, 2017, 12:37:27 PM
not a bad idea!

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #77 on: January 07, 2017, 04:54:50 PM
As you can see in the pic they make them in all diff shapes and also in plastic, but that plastic one is very cheap and the reviews said that it breaks, yet since it's so thin you can also use it as a bookmark by flipping it and putting it in atop the book, but then again thin so it breaks. Now if it was that thick clear plastic maybe in that neon green, or layered in black with the neon green or red shaped like the one I did or something like it, that would be freaking cool! Don't we have someone on here that works with that thick plastic?
JR
IMG_5743.PNG
* IMG_5743.PNG (Filesize: 181.21 KB)

wales Offline Smashie

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Smurf it!
Reply #78 on: January 07, 2017, 06:26:55 PM
As you can see in the pic they make them in all diff shapes and also in plastic, but that plastic one is very cheap and the reviews said that it breaks, yet since it's so thin you can also use it as a bookmark by flipping it and putting it in atop the book, but then again thin so it breaks. Now if it was that thick clear plastic maybe in that neon green, or layered in black with the neon green or red shaped like the one I did or something like it, that would be freaking cool! Don't we have someone on here that works with that thick plastic?
JR

Do they do one for Kindle? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Sorry I'll get me coat
“Strong minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, weak minds discuss people.” - Socrates
"I'm not feeling very talky today, off you smurf". - Smashie
Complaining is mental preparation for failure.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #79 on: January 07, 2017, 06:37:16 PM
JR

Sorry I'll get me coat
I'll see, cause my wife could then use it!
Smart butt, lol..
JR

wales Offline Smashie

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Smurf it!
Reply #80 on: January 07, 2017, 06:44:09 PM
JR

Sorry I'll get me coat
Smart butt, lol..
JR

Actually thinking about it, It may be a good idea for tablet readers because it wont mess with the capacative touch screen  :think:
“Strong minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, weak minds discuss people.” - Socrates
"I'm not feeling very talky today, off you smurf". - Smashie
Complaining is mental preparation for failure.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #81 on: January 07, 2017, 06:51:29 PM
JR

Sorry I'll get me coat
Smart butt, lol..
JR

Actually thinking about it, It may be a good idea for tablet readers because it wont mess with the capacative touch screen  :think:
Ah huh,
JR

us Offline ToolJoe

• No Life Club
Reply #82 on: January 07, 2017, 08:09:52 PM
I will take pictures of my garage when I get home from vacation tomorrow. Tidy and my workbench do not ever reside in the same sentence!  :rofl:
I knew my wife was a keeper when she transitioned from calling it a knife thingy to a multi-tool.

I might be crazy but it's kept me from going insane- Waylon Jennings

gb Offline Sparky415

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #83 on: January 07, 2017, 08:27:49 PM
I will take pictures of my garage when I get home from vacation tomorrow. Tidy and my workbench do not ever reside in the same sentence!  :rofl:

We are on the same page with that one Joe  :ahhh
Everything’s adjustable

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #84 on: January 07, 2017, 09:01:34 PM

We are on the same page with that one Joe  :ahhh
Agreed! I got more stuff on my little workbench and some not even mine..
JR

00 Offline WWW

• No Life Club
Reply #85 on: January 07, 2017, 09:19:24 PM
I was just thinking about making one of these for myself. Glad to know it actually works.

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #86 on: January 07, 2017, 09:43:19 PM
I was just thinking about making one of these for myself. Glad to know it actually works.
Really, cool. Let me know if you do make one how it turns out..
JR

fr Offline Whoey

• Administrator
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #87 on: January 30, 2017, 03:57:33 PM

se Offline Fortytwo

• No Life Club
Reply #88 on: January 30, 2017, 07:20:59 PM
:ahhh
check them out:
http://www.felderusa.com/us-us/products/combination-machines.html

nice project video
https://www.facebook.com/375545669464856/videos/398933287126094/

:gimme:

Wow, I wonder how I can persuade my girlfriend that one of those fits in a 39 m2 (420 ft2) appartment  :think: :think:

gb Offline Sparky415

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #89 on: January 30, 2017, 09:10:15 PM
Cool machine, nice tub  :tu:
Everything’s adjustable

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31