Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

FrankenGerber Club. 3325

No Life Club Posts: 1,806
Re: The FrankenGerber Club
« Reply #30 on: March 21, 2018, 10:34:56 AM »
  :like: my favourite kind of club!
Global Moderator Point Of No Return Posts: 37,041
« Reply #31 on: March 21, 2018, 12:53:00 PM »
Oops,   I searched for a modded Gerber or hacked Gerber club but not FrankenGerber   :facepalm:

I even posted in the other one....oh well another one just to ignore   :D
Re: FrankenGerber Club.
« Reply #32 on: March 21, 2018, 12:54:35 PM »
« Reply #33 on: March 21, 2018, 01:14:47 PM »
It's really a pity PB is screwing up alot of good threads here..  :rant:
Admin Team Zombie Apprentice Posts: 18,594 mmmmm SAKrelicious
« Reply #34 on: March 21, 2018, 01:59:58 PM »
2 MP400's made bladeless. The BO one has a '600 file and Suspension saw, and the Silver Lady has saw and file from a Diesel.

'Use the force Harry' - Gandalf

'Derail a thread and we'll come at you like a block of cheese'. Captain Mags and Sergeant Fuzzbucket of the Anti Derai.... mmmmmmm cheese
« Reply #35 on: March 21, 2018, 02:02:10 PM »
 :like: :tu:
« Reply #36 on: March 21, 2018, 02:02:39 PM »
It's really a pity PB is screwing up alot of good threads here..  :rant:

In the case of Capt's pics I believe he deleted them.   :(
Zombie Apprentice Posts: 14,586 Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
« Reply #37 on: March 21, 2018, 03:22:04 PM »
Oops,   I searched for a modded Gerber or hacked Gerber club but not FrankenGerber   :facepalm:

I even posted in the other one....oh well another one just to ignore   :D

haha that's pretty weird, I would've also searched for those terms...especially the fact that both threads share the ame "FrankenGerber" word    :D  :rofl:

My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest
« Reply #38 on: March 21, 2018, 03:33:46 PM »
Lol! Another one to post in  :D

BO 400 has saw from a Suspension and a file from a '600 and the Silver one has saw and file from a Diesel.

'Derail a thread and we'll come at you like a block of cheese'. Captain Mags and Sergeant Fuzzbucket of the Anti Derai.... mmmmmmm cheese
Global Moderator Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 7,850
« Reply #39 on: April 02, 2018, 01:57:32 PM »
Merged both threads :cheers:
FrankenGerber Club.
« Reply #40 on: April 04, 2018, 06:21:13 AM »
Kind of a Frankengerber mod... Replaced the lanyard ring on the Multi-Lock Scout with the  wood saw from the Diesel... For the time being, the Diesel will hold the extra lanyard ring from the Multi-Lock Scout. Until such time I can figure what other tool to put in it...
Maybe a wood saw from another MT... :facepalm:

« Last Edit: April 04, 2018, 06:23:06 AM by jaya_man »
« Reply #41 on: April 04, 2018, 11:50:42 AM »
Kind of a Frankengerber mod... Replaced the lanyard ring on the Multi-Lock Scout with the  wood saw from the Diesel... For the time being, the Diesel will hold the extra lanyard ring from the Multi-Lock Scout. Until such time I can figure what other tool to put in it...

(Image removed from quote.)

two holes and a wire in between can act as a wire bender   :ahhh

My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest
« Reply #42 on: April 04, 2018, 03:16:27 PM »

Actually got home early today and found a donor wood saw from a cheap MT... just finished installing it... :facepalm:
« Reply #43 on: April 04, 2018, 05:06:54 PM »
Nice work J Man!  :like: You're on fire my friend  :salute:

« Reply #44 on: April 04, 2018, 05:11:14 PM »
Nice work J Man!  :like: You're on fire my friend  :salute:
Thanks Mags... will need to look for another wood saw donor though... I overgrinded the pivot part where it stops against the handle edge in open position... :cheers:
« Reply #45 on: April 04, 2018, 05:18:13 PM »
Mine!

Most donor parts are from a Suspension.

Took a bit of time to grind and align the pliers tip and some reshaping.

One of my favorite tool. The pliers tip was grounded to a very pointed needle nose. It can handle some special task usually a normal "needle nose" can't.

Though pointed, pliers tip doesn't protrude from the frame.  :cheers:
« Reply #46 on: April 04, 2018, 05:26:15 PM »
Sam, your work is inspiring, amazing, and the sole reason I want a Dremel.  :cheers:

« Reply #47 on: April 04, 2018, 05:30:51 PM »
Sam, your work is inspiring, amazing, and the sole reason I want a Dremel.  :cheers:

:salute: I am flattered. :angel:

I didn't have a dremel until quite recently. But, I have a bench grinder. Which does many things wonderful things.
« Reply #48 on: April 06, 2018, 01:33:58 PM »

Actually got home early today and found a donor wood saw from a cheap MT... just finished installing it... :facepalm:

I put almost the exact same saw from a cheap donor MT on my SOG  :D

My toys:

« Reply #49 on: May 04, 2018, 11:06:40 AM »
"Made" from a part from the balance Efect mod that I did a while ago. It was originally a sight tool, now its a extended driver. Cut out made, testing done. Tools load out not decided yet..

Meet Gerber Extended Drive.  LOL.... :cheers:

« Reply #50 on: May 04, 2018, 12:12:44 PM »
"Made" from a part from the balance Efect mod that I did a while ago. It was originally a sight tool, now its a extended driver. Cut out made, testing done. Tools load out not decided yet..

Meet Gerber Extended Drive.  LOL.... :cheers:

kewl! That's got decent reach  :tu:

My toys:

« Reply #51 on: October 27, 2018, 08:09:00 AM »
Mini Thread necro!

« Reply #52 on: October 27, 2018, 01:37:36 PM »

My toys:

« Reply #53 on: March 14, 2019, 03:45:29 PM »
Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 9,722 You're amongst friends.
« Reply #54 on: April 07, 2019, 06:51:37 PM »
My latest configuration

SAW
No Life Club Posts: 3,853
« Reply #55 on: April 19, 2019, 10:57:06 AM »
I don't think it qualifies as "franken..." or "modded" - but I just now took the best (ie - non broken) parts from an MP600 Needlenose and an MP600 Pro Scout to make a workable tool.

I'm reasonably pleased, as I've ended up with old fashioned NOT carbide cutters, and a selection of blades, scissors and tools, none of which are plain edged, and don't have that mostly questionable use of real estate - the lanyard loop.

I don't mind a great deal about extra blades, but I guess there is a bit of satisfaction in not having an extra PE blade that I am unlikely to use....

the only downside is that the Serrated blade has the nail notch on the wrong side now...

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
May Goal: $300.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: $95.00
PayPal Fees: $6.71
Net Balance: $88.29
Below Goal: $211.71
Site Currency: USD
29%