Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

[SPOILER] I saw the new Star Wars movie...

Whoey · 69 · 3542

fr Offline Whoey

• Administrator
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • I am geek, hear me code
Re: [SPOILER] I saw the new Star Wars movie...
Reply #60 on: January 06, 2016, 08:07:05 PM
No we didn't,  but even if the fall was survivable,  the massive kaboom was not. Also we'd have seen a reappearance before they left to find the hide and seek champion.
The difficult we do immediately, the impossible takes a little longer.

gb Offline AimlessWanderer

• Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not a pessimist, I'm an experienced optimist!
Reply #61 on: January 06, 2016, 08:09:39 PM
.... and it was "felt" by someone else in a distant location, which implies to me that it was game over. However, there is still scope for "flashback" scenes to fill in gaps from the last 30 years

The cantankerous but occasionally useful member, formally known as 50ft-trad

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #62 on: January 07, 2016, 11:28:29 AM
.... and it was "felt" by someone else in a distant location, which implies to me that it was game over. However, there is still scope for "flashback" scenes to fill in gaps from the last 30 years
That, I assume flashbacks... still not ready to let the old guard go and move on ::)

Anyone want to have a guess at how old Ben (Kylo Ren) is?
Show content
He is born in the year after the battle of Endor, so he is roughly 30 :o

Also solution to the riddle above:
Show content
It's Bens First-Aid-Kit :facepalm:
It wouldn't be the internet without people complaining.

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #63 on: January 07, 2016, 11:30:37 AM
(Image removed from quote.)
I've seen that dent somewhere before...  :think:
That is pretty awesome :tu:

The camo-kilt I mean of course :salute:

fr Offline Whoey

• Administrator
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #64 on: January 08, 2016, 11:43:00 AM
So apparently there is some Huffington Post article, “40 Unforgivable Plot Holes in ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens”.

This is an epic comeback to that, contains adult language at times, and is quite a long read, but worth it!

https://www.facebook.com/notes/matty-granger/at-long-lastmy-star-wars-episode-vii-review-the-force-awakens-the-rise-of-idiot-/10153163095086277

wales Offline magentus

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • mmmmm SAKrelicious
Reply #65 on: January 08, 2016, 12:08:00 PM
Excellent response - The Force is strong in that one.

Cheers Whoey.  :salute:
'Use the force Harry' - Gandalf

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #66 on: January 08, 2016, 02:15:23 PM
So apparently there is some Huffington Post article, “40 Unforgivable Plot Holes in ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens”.

This is an epic comeback to that, contains adult language at times, and is quite a long read, but worth it!

https://www.facebook.com/notes/matty-granger/at-long-lastmy-star-wars-episode-vii-review-the-force-awakens-the-rise-of-idiot-/10153163095086277
While I agree with many of his replies, I find his comeback gets less epic when you realize that he has censored the critique when it suited him, e.g 9:

HP: 9. What is all this nonsense about the First Order only wanting to destroy the Republic because the Republic is supporting the Resistance?
Only because of the Resistance?  Hux SCREAMS a Hitler-like proclamation to his men that the galaxy’s systems will fall in line with the First Order after the corrupt Republic and it’s massive fleet are destroyed.  Watch the movie, dude.

But the Original was
Original in the Huffington Post
9. What is all this nonsense about the First Order only wanting to destroy the Republic because the Republic is supporting the Resistance? First of all, isn't the Resistance part of the Republic, not a separate operation? And if it is separate, why has the First Order only just now discovered the not-very-well-hidden fact that the Republic is supporting the Resistance? And if the Resistance is in fact a part of the Republic, why didn't Starkiller Base destroy the Republic's planets and moons much, much earlier? In other words, what is the status of the war between the Republic and the First Order at the beginning of The Force Awakens, such that this precise moment is when General Hux decides to simply press a button and destroy the Republic?
So the question is more, where does that hostility First Order vs. Republic come from and why is the Republic not aware of this hostility and send its "massive fleet" to intercept Starkiller Base?

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #67 on: January 08, 2016, 05:45:10 PM
Kelly: "Daddy, what makes men cheat on women?
Al : "Women!"

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

fr Offline Whoey

• Administrator
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #68 on: January 09, 2016, 12:19:15 PM

While I agree with many of his replies, I find his comeback gets less epic when you realize that he has censored the critique when it suited him, e.g 9:

HP: 9. What is all this nonsense about the First Order only wanting to destroy the Republic because the Republic is supporting the Resistance?
Only because of the Resistance?  Hux SCREAMS a Hitler-like proclamation to his men that the galaxy’s systems will fall in line with the First Order after the corrupt Republic and it’s massive fleet are destroyed.  Watch the movie, dude.

But the Original was
Original in the Huffington Post
9. What is all this nonsense about the First Order only wanting to destroy the Republic because the Republic is supporting the Resistance? First of all, isn't the Resistance part of the Republic, not a separate operation? And if it is separate, why has the First Order only just now discovered the not-very-well-hidden fact that the Republic is supporting the Resistance? And if the Resistance is in fact a part of the Republic, why didn't Starkiller Base destroy the Republic's planets and moons much, much earlier? In other words, what is the status of the war between the Republic and the First Order at the beginning of The Force Awakens, such that this precise moment is when General Hux decides to simply press a button and destroy the Republic?
So the question is more, where does that hostility First Order vs. Republic come from and why is the Republic not aware of this hostility and send its "massive fleet" to intercept Starkiller Base?
I did not see the original on Huffpost. I do get the impression that millennials have a short and somewhat unfocused attention span. I guess he shortened down a few points to keep his already quite TLDNR post on point. I spent the first few weeks after release avoiding all media about the movie and still had the major spoiler (who and how) revealed to me before I had a chance to actually see the movie. I do have a number of issues with it as well, but I decided I wasn't going to let other people's opinions dictate my feelings on the movie.

All in all his reply is pretty much on point. I do get the impression there's a whole lot of "Hate first.  Don’t bother asking questions later." going on in the original post, especially when it can be used as click bait.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%