Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Multitoolski.orgski

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Multitoolski.orgski
on: January 21, 2007, 05:19:45 AM
Greetings western comrades!

Apparently multipurpose tools are a hot topic everywhere on the planet these days. Here is a link to our Russian counterpart forum: http://talks.guns.ru/forumtopics/98.html

Looks like they are all abuzz about the new tools introduced at this year's Shot Show. (I recognize new tool names in several of the thread titles.) And one of the threads appears to be a good old-fashioned Charge -vs- SwissTool debate.

Hot borsht, cold vodka, and multitools. Them Russkis ain't a bad bunch.  :)

In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Re: Multitoolski.orgski
Reply #1 on: January 29, 2007, 01:30:46 AM
I was looking over this Russian multiitool site and found an article about Tim Leatherman. Apparently he paid a visit to this large military and sporting goods store, then ended up demonstrating his own wares a bit.

I ran the article through a Russian-to-English translator, and it now reads pretty choppy. Nevertheless, I found it interesting.

~Bob

In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #2 on: January 29, 2007, 01:58:01 AM
Interesting stuff...

Kind of embarassing to go all the way to Russia to demonstrate that you can't cut a nail in half though!  Maybe he should have used the metal saw on the bottom of the file?

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #3 on: January 30, 2007, 04:41:47 AM
Odd that I've never seen this special "nail cutting attachment" for my Charge in any of the Leatherman catalogs. Maybe it's only available in Russia?  ;)

* nca.jpg (Filesize: 36.02 KB)

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%