Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

711L Ratchet wrench

MCal · 18 · 895

Offline MCal

• New User
711L Ratchet wrench
on: January 23, 2024, 01:55:20 PM
Hi Everyone,
I'm a pround more that satisfied owner of a Leatherman Surge that served me brilliantly in the last 11 years.
About 2 years ago I bought the ratched bit extender, and after realizing how it increased the usability of the tool, I wanted to get the 711L ratchet. After doing the some research, I've realized that the said ratchet costs 60-70$ - that while not being proprietary of Leatherman (I trust Leatherman). After doing more research, I come to the exact same micro wrench with a 1/4" (6,35 mm) connector. Cost 20 $.  Needless to say, I bought it right away. I'll just mount the wrench or my fixed/ratched bit extender that is also 1/4", save 60% of money while getting a tool that offers more leverage than the "real thing". And If I still want to mount it directly on the leatherman, all I need to do is to file it down to the right dimensions.

If anyone is interested of faced the same problem, here is the link for the said ratchet wrench.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2024, 02:55:48 PM by Grant Lamontagne »

us Offline powernoodle

• Absolutely No Life Club
Re: 711L Ratchet wrench
Reply #1 on: January 23, 2024, 02:14:51 PM
Welcome, MCal.   :tu:  That 711L ratchet is $27.99 on Amazon.   :salute:

I like the mini ratchet linked below, but it doesn't fit the Leatherman bit driver so I guess it really doesn't belong in this thread.  But here it is anyway.   :cheers:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0748DCVHN/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

us Offline PitCarver

• No Life Club
  • Average Old Guy.
Reply #2 on: January 23, 2024, 03:05:27 PM
I attempted to order the 711L ratchet twice when they showed up on the eBay.   Never got one.  Fully refunded by 711L without issue.
Found a Craftsman mini ratchet at Lowe's
https://www.lowes.com/pd/CRAFTSMAN-10-Piece-Steel-Handle-Ratcheting-Multi-Bit-Screwdriver-Set/1000596669
Looks like I could modify it to fit the 1/4 inch hex adapter on my SOG but I've been using it like it is
Addicted to sharp pointy things.

us Offline powernoodle

Reply #3 on: January 23, 2024, 05:26:22 PM
The 711L on Amazon:  http://tinyurl.com/2x2w5p54   :salute:

Offline cnlson

Reply #4 on: January 23, 2024, 05:29:27 PM
There's a new 711L Flat End Flex Head EDC Ratchet Wrench Compatible with Leatherman Flat Bit Adapters https://a.co/d/75xoVL1 $39 so you can do both inline and 90° ratcheting and everything in between

Edit I can't see it since I've already ordered but there might be an $8 coupon, like I got that made it $31
« Last Edit: January 23, 2024, 05:34:40 PM by cnlson »

us Offline JonesE

Reply #5 on: January 23, 2024, 05:45:54 PM
There's a new 711L Flat End Flex Head EDC Ratchet Wrench Compatible with Leatherman Flat Bit Adapters https://a.co/d/75xoVL1 $39 so you can do both inline and 90° ratcheting and everything in between

Edit I can't see it since I've already ordered but there might be an $8 coupon, like I got that made it $31

Thanks for the heads up.

JonesE

Offline cnlson

Reply #6 on: January 23, 2024, 08:43:51 PM
Thanks for the heads up.

JonesE
Welcome

us Offline Rich_SD

• No Life Club
Reply #7 on: January 23, 2024, 11:42:01 PM
I have a couple of these ratchets, but ratcheting to the side instead of a twist (like the Leatherman ratchet) seems to put a lot of force on a weak direction of the bit driver.

us Offline PitCarver

• No Life Club
  • Average Old Guy.
Reply #8 on: January 24, 2024, 01:05:16 AM

Looking at what 711L has to offer it looks like they've upped their game since I had my ordering issues.
Addicted to sharp pointy things.

Offline cnlson

Reply #9 on: January 24, 2024, 03:51:46 AM
I have a couple of these ratchets, but ratcheting to the side instead of a twist (like the Leatherman ratchet) seems to put a lot of force on a weak direction of the bit driver.

I'll let you know in a week or two

Offline MCal

• New User
Reply #10 on: February 02, 2024, 05:18:45 PM
Welcome, MCal.   :tu:  That 711L ratchet is $27.99 on Amazon.   :salute:

I like the mini ratchet linked below, but it doesn't fit the Leatherman bit driver so I guess it really doesn't belong in this thread.  But here it is anyway.   :cheers:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0748DCVHN/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Thank you for shsring, but we're not talking about the same thing.

us Offline Outback in Idaho

• Not all those who wander are lost.
Reply #11 on: February 05, 2024, 03:39:27 AM
Looking at what 711L has to offer it looks like they've upped their game since I had my ordering issues.

Recently ordered one. Not exactly sure how to carry one of these rascals. Will have to find another suitable case as I doubt it will fit in a ZapWizard sheath.
¬ Outback in Idaho

Behind every mask there is a face, behind that a story.

us Offline Mike 56

• No Life Club
Reply #12 on: February 06, 2024, 01:15:01 AM
I attempted to order the 711L ratchet twice when they showed up on the eBay.   Never got one.  Fully refunded by 711L without issue.
Found a Craftsman mini ratchet at Lowe's
https://www.lowes.com/pd/CRAFTSMAN-10-Piece-Steel-Handle-Ratcheting-Multi-Bit-Screwdriver-Set/1000596669
Looks like I could modify it to fit the 1/4 inch hex adapter on my SOG but I've been using it like it is

I bought the same craftsman !/4 ratchet set from Amazon a few years ago nice little kit that fits nicely in my wave pouch.
Mike
I think Alcohol, Tabacco and Firearms should be a convenience store, not a government agency. 

Mike

Offline MCal

• New User
Reply #13 on: February 06, 2024, 04:04:52 PM
I finally got and tested it. It works great!
Combined with the the wrenched bit extender, one can tackle the bolts at any angle since it can rotate on both horizontal and vertical axis. I can send some pictures to those who are interested.

Reply #14 on: February 07, 2024, 02:52:24 AM
  Mine arrived via Amazon today.  :mail: Sure is tiny.

Ran out of sunlight, so grabbed a few photos. Think I need to change the iPhone 15 Pro's photo settings, or learn a new graphics program.  :whistle:
  Neutered these down to JPG and think I lost photo quality. *sigh*

Limited space to mount this on the first iteration of ZapWizard's Garage 5 'Open Face' case. Not sure if the second version is any better. Still waiting for an armored version so the multitool doesn't keep slipping out. This is the best position I could find with this case, yet I would still run a small bungee from the belt loop to the wrench's hole for more security if carried in that fashion. The 7IIL Adjustable Wrench does not fit well in the side slides.

¬ Outback in Idaho

Reply #15 on: February 07, 2024, 03:03:16 AM
  Does seem there is only one position that will lock in the flat bits, the other positions lets the bit fall out. I ought to paint that line for future use. 1/4" bits fit okay and hold well. Can only slide the bits in from unlabeled side.

Have some play on the Garage #5 Large Bit Driver. Fit great with the Leatherman Ratchet (locked as an extension), and also fits quite well with Bit Extender.
  And the hole clips in well with the small NiteIze S-Binders. Surprised Leatherman does not have holes in their mounting ends too.
¬ Outback in Idaho

Offline cnlson

Reply #16 on: February 07, 2024, 09:14:11 PM
  Does seem there is only one position that will lock in the flat bits, the other positions lets the bit fall out. I ought to paint that line for future use. 1/4" bits fit okay and hold well. Can only slide the bits in from unlabeled side.

Yes, only one of the 3 positions for flat bits. I order to enable both 1/4“ and the flat bits it has to have two more open sides VS one tight.

Have some play on the Garage #5
If you push it in to where the retainer clip clicks and don't push past that it is just like the Leatherman ratchet, it will go in further and if the retainer does not catch up it will rock a small amount

Reply #17 on: March 09, 2024, 11:06:37 PM
  Would of thought that Zap Wizard fella would had created a something to carry the 711L Flat End Flex Head EDC Ratchet Wrench on a belt.

Also waiting on a fully armored case for the Garage 005 too, but that is another story which I am wondering if it will ever happen. Garage 5 does not get the <3 it deserves.
¬ Outback in Idaho

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $384.86
PayPal Fees: $20.11
Net Balance: $364.75
Above Goal: $64.75
Site Currency: USD
122%