Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

PST, PST II Owners Club

SteveC · 2235 · 110324

us Offline JonesE

Re: PST, PST II Owners Club
Reply #2220 on: March 08, 2024, 08:58:17 PM

Carrying my Marlboro Country Store PST from 1994 and a OPINEL no. 8 today.

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #2221 on: March 08, 2024, 09:04:51 PM
Awesome pics, LC and Jones 8) :like:

LC, I totally forgot about the handles of the PST being used as a variation (even owning one myself :whistle: :facepalm: :oops: :rofl: ) good correction :tu:

gb Offline Crunchie64

Reply #2222 on: March 08, 2024, 11:31:54 PM
As pictured in an earlier post from early February iirc,  my PSTII is an earlier production unit. 02/98.

With the groves diamond file, scissors and Combo blade.

BUT, the handles are only stamped  LEATHERMAN TOOL, no PST II stamp on either side. 

I was told that the early II models were build with remaining  PST handles.

I believe that would be the major variation of the II🙄

[ Quoting of attachment images from other messages is not allowed ]  

Just wanted to share :cheers:

Ah, I’d forgotten some had PST, not PST II on the handles, thank you.

I guess mine is a classic mid-production example? It’s stamped PST II and has the grooves file.

I didn’t realise the handles were exactly the same apart from markings.  They really are lovely tools to handle, a much neater body shape than the Bond.

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #2223 on: March 09, 2024, 12:38:51 AM
They also redesigned or modified the scissors after the first few years. The original scissor handles have a flaw where they slip by each other. It's an easy fix as I show in this thread.

https://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,62441.0.html

us Offline Murphy Slaw

Reply #2224 on: March 09, 2024, 02:01:31 PM
I'm finally in the club.

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #2225 on: March 09, 2024, 04:30:35 PM
Welcome to the club, Murphy :tu: great pic and tool to enter with :woohoo: :like: :like:

fi Offline Blunt Object

Reply #2226 on: March 09, 2024, 06:42:14 PM
I just noticed something. I specifically remember buying the OG PST in 1993. I remember my then GF grabbing the sheath on my belt when we were walking. Kinda like a handle on a guy, she used to joke. Only now did I check the date on the handles, and it said 0695 and 0795, respectively. So they did me a dirty when I sent my PST for repairs ca 1996. Well, they did replace the plier head, a driver, and the blade, so they just picked up another set of handles and pliers.

My life is a lie  :facepalm:
Spydies and Vics and Leathermans, Oh My!

us Offline LoopCutter

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #2227 on: March 09, 2024, 08:10:11 PM
I just noticed something. I specifically remember buying the OG PST in 1993. I remember my then GF grabbing the sheath on my belt when we were walking. Kinda like a handle on a guy, she used to joke. Only now did I check the date on the handles, and it said 0695 and 0795, respectively. So they did me a dirty when I sent my PST for repairs ca 1996. Well, they did replace the plier head, a driver, and the blade, so they just picked up another set of handles and pliers.

My life is a lie  :facepalm:

Sounds like LM just replaced the unit via SWAP.

A MAINTENANCE, friend broke his PST pliers and handle, LM reached out and asked what he was doing and what he used it for. The sent him a WAVE.  A few years he broke that.  LM reached out again, they replaced it with a Surge. The last time working with him, the PE blade was broken and scissor were loose. He said he was going to send in right after he retired.  I retired before him so do not know…
If I start and end the day above ground, it is a good day!

Hope yours is as good!

A SMART man always knows what to say!
   A WISE man knows whether or not to say it!!!

ro Offline mvp

• MVP.RO
Reply #2228 on: April 29, 2024, 04:06:37 PM
Hello everybody!
I'm pretty new to EDC. (I can say I entering into this after someone gave me his old Charge TTi on December 2022 after I helped him with some things). After that I bought few of them... (Skeletool CX, Style PS, Signal, Squirt PS4, Knifeless Rebar, Tread, ARC)
And this old Leatherman I started to collect them after I bought one PST II on February 6, this year. (I wanted that thing because my wife birth month is on the handles)
So in the last almost 3 months I started hunting some of them and now I have five PST, one PST II, one Super Tool, one Flair and one SideClip.
And I have one more order from ebay with a PST with box, but I didn't receive the order yet.
I will let two picture! (first one is with PSTs only)

* IMG_5653.jpg (Filesize: 368.82 KB)

* IMG_5663.jpg (Filesize: 368.73 KB)
« Last Edit: April 29, 2024, 04:12:24 PM by mvp »

us Offline Legend

Reply #2229 on: April 29, 2024, 04:40:39 PM
Fantastic.  You’ve got the beginnings of a super collection there! 

ro Offline mvp

• MVP.RO
Reply #2230 on: April 29, 2024, 05:08:35 PM
Thank you very much! I try to moderate my self and buy only the things I really want. Because this things are not cheap these days and a lot of people ask too much money for them and I don't have enough money to really fund this thing like I will like to.

us Offline LoopCutter

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #2231 on: April 29, 2024, 06:00:10 PM
Oh my😢.  The sickness has reallly taken hold. 

You are to close to the symptoms to understand!

Before it is too late,  you must,  and this important! clean and lubricate each tool, then when complete this task, repeat!

If you do not keep your hands busy, you will suffer a horrible fate,  an empty wallet, cold scraps to eat, an angry partner, utilizes switched off, oh the horrors!

😎.  Moderation!  Just pace yourself!  🎉🎊

If I start and end the day above ground, it is a good day!

Hope yours is as good!

A SMART man always knows what to say!
   A WISE man knows whether or not to say it!!!

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #2232 on: April 29, 2024, 06:04:54 PM
Hello everybody!
I'm pretty new to EDC. (I can say I entering into this after someone gave me his old Charge TTi on December 2022 after I helped him with some things). After that I bought few of them... (Skeletool CX, Style PS, Signal, Squirt PS4, Knifeless Rebar, Tread, ARC)
And this old Leatherman I started to collect them after I bought one PST II on February 6, this year. (I wanted that thing because my wife birth month is on the handles)
So in the last almost 3 months I started hunting some of them and now I have five PST, one PST II, one Super Tool, one Flair and one SideClip.
And I have one more order from ebay with a PST with box, but I didn't receive the order yet.
I will let two picture! (first one is with PSTs only)

Nice !    :like: :tu:

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #2233 on: April 29, 2024, 06:11:08 PM
Awesome pics, mvp! Start of an awesome collection as well 8) :drool: :like: :like:

Here is a great thread to check out and post some of your old school LM stuff 8) :cheers:

Ye Olde Club of Old School Leatherman

ro Offline mvp

• MVP.RO
Reply #2234 on: April 29, 2024, 07:11:06 PM
Oh my😢.  The sickness has reallly taken hold. 

You are to close to the symptoms to understand!

Before it is too late,  you must,  and this important! clean and lubricate each tool, then when complete this task, repeat!

If you do not keep your hands busy, you will suffer a horrible fate,  an empty wallet, cold scraps to eat, an angry partner, utilizes switched off, oh the horrors!

😎.  Moderation!  Just pace yourself!  🎉🎊

Thank you! I’m really trying to moderate myself, because most of the things are not cheap. And I’m not talking only about old Leatherman, even some new stuff like Leatherman Thread and ARC there are not too cheap in my country. I’m from Romania, Europe and the price here are a little spicier than US…

And the big problem is that I did not bought only Leathermans in this time (from december 2022 until today), I also liked some SAK, Olight, Cold Steel, Benchmade and other things…

Nice !    :like: :tu:

Thanks!  :multi:

Awesome pics, mvp! Start of an awesome collection as well 8) :drool: :like: :like:

Here is a great thread to check out and post some of your old school LM stuff 8) :cheers:

Ye Olde Club of Old School Leatherman

Thank you! I will check that topic too!  :cheers:
« Last Edit: April 29, 2024, 07:41:18 PM by mvp »

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
May Goal: $300.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: $36.34
PayPal Fees: $1.66
Net Balance: $34.68