Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

What's your dream Truck/4x4?

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Re: What's your dream Truck/4x4?
Reply #60 on: January 20, 2016, 07:59:37 PM
There are two dream trucks that come to mind for me instantly, and those would be Unimogs (in virtually any form) and the Mercedes G55- maybe even the 6x6 version if price is no limit.

(Image removed from quote.)

But if we are talking about something I would like to have as a daily driver for the rest of my life, I think I would have to take the truck I grew up with, a 1974 GMC Jimmy in Yuba Gold.

If I could only find one in decent shape I would do whatever I had to to buy it.  I would then spend an awful pile of money fixing it up and protecting it so that I had it forever.

My parents bought that truck shortly after I was born and had it up until I was 15, when they sold it as the corrosive air here in NS was eating it away horribly.  It was many years before I forgave them for getting rid of it, as to me it was a family member.

Def
I thought this was your dream, beefed up with a camping top?
JR
(Image removed from quote.)(Image removed from quote.)

I've almost got that now.  Not much of a dream if I'm almost there!

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Reply #61 on: January 20, 2016, 08:07:09 PM
There are two dream trucks that come to mind for me instantly, and those would be Unimogs (in virtually any form) and the Mercedes G55- maybe even the 6x6 version if price is no limit.

But if we are talking about something I would like to have as a daily driver for the rest of my life, I think I would have to take the truck I grew up with, a 1974 GMC Jimmy in Yuba Gold.

If I could only find one in decent shape I would do whatever I had to to buy it.  I would then spend an awful pile of money fixing it up and protecting it so that I had it forever.

My parents bought that truck shortly after I was born and had it up until I was 15, when they sold it as the corrosive air here in NS was eating it away horribly.  It was many years before I forgave them for getting rid of it, as to me it was a family member.

Def
I thought this was your dream, beefed up with a camping top?
JR
(Image removed from quote.)(Image removed from quote.)

I've almost got that now.  Not much of a dream if I'm almost there!

Def
I saw your truck go by the other day, I had to do a double take to make sure it wasn't you, but the driver wasn't pushing the peddles with a crutch, lol.. Isn't jeep coming out with a remake of there old truck, what was it the scrambler?
JR
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #62 on: January 20, 2016, 08:48:39 PM
I think you are thinking of the Comanche, but no, this is expected to be a factory version of the Brute kit that has been available for years.

https://www.yahoo.com/autos/s/jeep-wrangler-pickup-confirmed-future-194800766.html

I'd thought seriously about a Brute kit for my TJ, but it's almost $10k for the kit and almost that again for the work to install it.  The frame needs to be sectioned and lengthened among other things.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Reply #63 on: January 20, 2016, 09:48:05 PM
I think you are thinking of the Comanche, but no, this is expected to be a factory version of the Brute kit that has been available for years.

https://www.yahoo.com/autos/s/jeep-wrangler-pickup-confirmed-future-194800766.html

I'd thought seriously about a Brute kit for my TJ, but it's almost $10k for the kit and almost that again for the work to install it.  The frame needs to be sectioned and lengthened among other things.

Def
You mean this four door styles been out for years?
http://gearheads.org/2017-jeep-jk-scrambler-truck-is-official/
I mean if you really like that Mercedes style you can always do something like this,,
JR
http://www.autoevolution.com/news/jeep-wrangler-6x6-pickup-truck-has-a-hemi-v8-and-guns-photo-gallery-93461.html
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #64 on: January 20, 2016, 10:07:38 PM
Well yes and no.  The kit has been available for years but it basically adds $20k to the price of your Jeep.

And probably voids a smurf pile of warranties.

Def

us Offline kmanct3

• No Life Club
Reply #65 on: January 22, 2016, 12:56:24 AM
For me its a 11 or newer Toyota Tacoma extra cab TRD package.  :tu:

us Offline JBW1

• No Life Club
Reply #66 on: January 22, 2016, 01:08:38 AM
60's Bronco would be the "Eleanor" for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

us Online Barry Rowland

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bon Journee!!
Reply #67 on: January 22, 2016, 02:44:23 AM
Right on JBW, with a sweet 289!  I remember they were common around here, but those days are about 30 years in the past  :(
Barry

us Offline captain spaulding

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
Reply #68 on: January 22, 2016, 06:52:36 AM
All I want is a 2017 Tacoma.  :drool:

For impractical I would say something along these lines.  :drool:

« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 06:54:38 AM by captain spaulding »
I'm the milk man!

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
May Goal: $300.00
Due Date: May 31