Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

2016 Shot Show Jan 19-22

us Offline smiller43147

• No Life Club
2016 Shot Show Jan 19-22
on: January 11, 2016, 05:38:04 PM
Anyone associated with MTO going this year?
- Steve

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Re: 2016 Shot Show Jan 19-22
Reply #1 on: January 12, 2016, 01:47:46 AM
Not that I am aware of.  Once again I have had to cancel my plans to go.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline NKlamerus

• No Life Club
  • Captain's Apprentice
Reply #2 on: January 12, 2016, 03:05:36 AM
Does MTO automatically get a ticket?

Couldn't we send an administrator or moderator if Grant can't make it? Or is it not a swap type deal?

us Offline Pacu

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #3 on: January 12, 2016, 03:11:29 AM
I'd go but i'm a dumbass when it comes to cool stuff and explaining what i saw. My photography skills are sub par, my meet and greet skills are even lower. Plus i'd get kicked out after applying the five finger discount at a few booths. >:D  :facepalm:
:like:    :MTO:

Offline Max Archer

Reply #4 on: January 12, 2016, 07:32:44 AM
I'd happily go for MT.O but getting a trip to Vegas together in such limited time would be basically impossible.

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #5 on: January 12, 2016, 07:49:39 AM
In the old days MTO was represented yearly at shot, but nobody has been there for a few years now, since the schrade tough tool incident.

From past experience in the forum, if a member can go there and report I think Grant should be able to help them with tickets, contacts etc  (no money).
Kelly: "Daddy, what makes men cheat on women?
Al : "Women!"

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

us Offline sLaughterMed

• No Life Club
  • Nothing's typical around here
Reply #6 on: January 12, 2016, 02:47:02 PM
In the old days MTO was represented yearly at shot, but nobody has been there for a few years now, since the schrade tough tool incident.

From past experience in the forum, if a member can go there and report I think Grant should be able to help them with tickets, contacts etc  (no money).
Are you referring to the incident where J-Sews crushed one with his bare hands? I thought that was just one he bought. Are you telling me he did that at Shot Show, to a display piece?
Laughter is the best Medicine
Slaughter is just Laughter with an "S"

We are looking for Multitool Encyclopedia Editors! If you are interested, please give me a PM!

The Multitool Encyclopedia Editing for Dummies Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65751.0.html
Multitool Encyclopedia Suggested Edits Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65746.0.html

us Offline NKlamerus

• No Life Club
  • Captain's Apprentice
Reply #7 on: January 12, 2016, 03:46:59 PM

Are you referring to the incident where J-Sews crushed one with his bare hands? I thought that was just one he bought. Are you telling me he did that at Shot Show, to a display piece?
I gotta hear this story!!

wales Offline Smashie

• Smurf it!
Reply #8 on: January 12, 2016, 04:10:10 PM

I'm going to guess at this being the incident in question http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,34807
“Strong minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, weak minds discuss people.” - Socrates
"I'm not feeling very talky today, off you smurf". - Smashie
Complaining is mental preparation for failure.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

us Offline sLaughterMed

• No Life Club
  • Nothing's typical around here
Reply #9 on: January 12, 2016, 04:23:35 PM

I'm going to guess at this being the incident in question http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,34807
Thats the one. I had forgotten that happened at SHOT Show. No wonder they dont want us back.
Laughter is the best Medicine
Slaughter is just Laughter with an "S"

We are looking for Multitool Encyclopedia Editors! If you are interested, please give me a PM!

The Multitool Encyclopedia Editing for Dummies Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65751.0.html
Multitool Encyclopedia Suggested Edits Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65746.0.html

us Offline rdub934

• No Life Club
  • Without POL, pilots are pedestrians
Reply #10 on: January 13, 2016, 10:46:21 PM

:rofl: That is hilarious. I would have done the same thing - take a few pics and then bolt
"I wanna introduce you to a very personal friend of mine. This is an M41A pulse rifle. Ten millimeter with over-and-under thirty millimeter pump action grenade launcher." - Cpl Hicks

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #11 on: January 15, 2016, 02:10:38 PM

Originally I had planned to go this year, but my plans changed.  Then, it looked like Megan would go for us, and we made arrangements for her father to go with her as her photographer.  Then she got a job in Canadian Parliament and that killed that idea.  I went back to my original plan of me trying to go, but since I am now injured I can't go to the corner store let alone Las Vegas.

We have also sent other people in the past, but it is something I really don't want to do again, for reasons I'd rather not mention openly.

And yes, the Tough Tool crushing was a display piece, at the Schrade booth.  I don't think they even noticed to be honest.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #12 on: January 15, 2016, 03:51:17 PM
I do sort of remember the last time someone was supposed to go and report........

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

ie Offline eamo

• No Life Club
  • I have a small selection of disparate tools
Reply #13 on: January 15, 2016, 04:08:10 PM
I do sort of remember the last time someone was supposed to go and report........

and ?? at least link to the thread . . . .
It is never too late to be what you might have been - George Eliot

Offline Max Archer

Reply #14 on: January 17, 2016, 05:23:29 PM
If Grant ever changes his mind, I'll happily go cover it next year. I'm a former journalist turned PR guy in the motorsports industry, so I'm more than familiar with how to cover trade events and how to properly conduct myself at them, and I have the requisite writing and photography skills to do a proper article.

us Offline rdub934

• No Life Club
Reply #15 on: January 19, 2016, 05:37:11 AM
I am so ready for tomorrow! Multis, knives, guns, ammo... YAY!
"I wanna introduce you to a very personal friend of mine. This is an M41A pulse rifle. Ten millimeter with over-and-under thirty millimeter pump action grenade launcher." - Cpl Hicks

no Offline Grathr

Reply #16 on: January 19, 2016, 07:44:02 PM
Info on the new Mora full tang is out from SHOT!
http://youtu.be/VbqZ8ekQ_Fw
-Knívleysur maður er lívleysur maður.
 "A Knifeless man is a lifeless man" old Faroese proverb.

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #17 on: January 19, 2016, 08:01:33 PM
...and Swiza ?? ?? ? ?

no Offline Grathr

Reply #18 on: January 19, 2016, 08:52:18 PM
I have a swiza... Dont feel a need to get another.
-Knívleysur maður er lívleysur maður.
 "A Knifeless man is a lifeless man" old Faroese proverb.

gb Offline AimlessWanderer

• Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not a pessimist, I'm an experienced optimist!
Reply #19 on: January 19, 2016, 09:07:30 PM
I have a swiza... Dont feel a need to get another.

I don't have a Swiza, and don't feel the need to get one :rofl:

I'm not seeing anything from SHOT on youtube that isn't gun related yet .... anyone picking up any whiffs on info on FB or Twitter or anywhere else?

The cantankerous but occasionally useful member, formally known as 50ft-trad

wales Offline hiraethus

• Admin Team
  • I brake for cake

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #21 on: January 19, 2016, 09:35:34 PM
 :salute:

No piccies yet, but nice to see them putting a bladeless tool back on the market. I know we caught a sniff of this a while back, but nice to have confirmation. They really missed a trick not bringing something else out when they discoed the bladeless Fuse

I will however NOT be buying one  :D

us Offline rdub934

• No Life Club
Reply #22 on: January 19, 2016, 10:12:09 PM
I found a thumbnail of the Knifeless Rebar. I'm a little disappointed.

* KnifelessRebar.jpg (Filesize: 9.71 KB)

wales Offline hiraethus

• Admin Team
  • I brake for cake
Reply #23 on: January 19, 2016, 10:16:22 PM
What were you hoping for?

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #24 on: January 19, 2016, 10:17:02 PM
I wonder if we're going to see some new scissors or something borrowed from another tool?
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

us Offline rdub934

• No Life Club
Reply #25 on: January 19, 2016, 10:18:14 PM
Skeletool RX!!! Not that exciting, BUT IT'S ORANGE!!!!!  :rofl:

"Leatherman the leading pliers based multitool company has announce a first responder version of the Skeletool known as the Rx. The knife features a serrated blade with more of a Sheep’s foot share in 154CM premium steel.

The tool features a carbide glass breaker instead of a Phillips screw driver, comes in emergency orange, and will start shipping in February."

I saw on another site that the orange is Ceracoat. The carbide glass breaker is a bit. Two things: 1) does this mean it will be available for sale 2) you have to have the tool open to use it - could be problematic trying to generate enough force in open mode.

* Leatherman-1-395x296.jpg (Filesize: 16.23 KB)

* Leatherman-2.0-222x296.jpeg (Filesize: 13.27 KB)
« Last Edit: January 19, 2016, 10:25:47 PM by rdub934 »

us Offline rdub934

• No Life Club
Reply #26 on: January 19, 2016, 10:19:45 PM
What were you hoping for?

I figured this is what it would be, but I was hoping for bigger/better scissors. And maybe a bit driver.

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #27 on: January 19, 2016, 10:24:06 PM
Info on the new Mora full tang is out from SHOT!
http://youtu.be/VbqZ8ekQ_Fw

I was ready to be cynical about this one, but I actually like the look of that.  The blade shape looks a little different to me too.
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #28 on: January 19, 2016, 10:31:23 PM
I found a thumbnail of the Knifeless Rebar. I'm a little disappointed.

Doesn't look like they moved the nail nicks to line up with the handle cutouts.... which might look a little sloppy when all closed up  :-\

Not surprised they went for Wave type scissors to standardise the range nd keep the inventory and tooling costs down.

Any news on a ruined Wave with Rebar plier head yet?

Skeletool RX!!! Not that exciting, BUT IT'S ORANGE!!!!!  :rofl:

"Leatherman the leading pliers based multitool company has announce a first responder version of the Skeletool known as the Rx. The knife features a serrated blade with more of a Sheep’s foot share in 154CM premium steel.

The tool features a carbide glass breaker instead of a Phillips screw driver, comes in emergency orange, and will start shipping in February."

I saw on another site that the orange is Ceracoat. The carbide glass breaker is a bit. Two things: 1) does this mean it will be available for sale 2) you have to have the tool open to use it - could be problematic trying to generate enough force in open mode.

Interesting tool progression there. Surprise they dropped the Phillips though, and not sure how you'd safely use a glass breaker in the same place. Must be removable though, as there's a bit stored in the handle

us Offline rdub934

• No Life Club
Reply #29 on: January 19, 2016, 10:44:57 PM
Skeletool RX and Knifeless Rebar are live on Leatherman's website (at least for me in the US of A)

http://www.leatherman.com/skeletool-rx-464.html#start=12

http://www.leatherman.com/knifeless-rebar-465.html#start=11

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%