Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

HSGI "Pistol Taco" makes a great MT sheath.

Offline Max Archer

HSGI "Pistol Taco" makes a great MT sheath.
on: January 12, 2016, 12:54:44 AM
The title pretty much says it all, I think. I'm surprised the only thread about these was from 2012 and had no user experiences.

Anyway, when I need a sheath I use a single mag Taco, and it's excellent. I've tried it with a Wave, a Rebar and a Swisstool Spirit, and all fit well, are easy to get in and out, and are retained very well. My favorite thing about these pouches is that they sit below the belt, instead of sticking up above it and jabbing you in the side as you move around.

Give one a try if you're looking for a simple, off the shelf sheath solution for your midsize MT.

nz Online zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Re: HSGI "Pistol Taco" makes a great MT sheath.
Reply #1 on: January 12, 2016, 01:17:24 AM
 :worthless:

Offline Max Archer

Reply #2 on: January 12, 2016, 01:34:09 AM
:worthless:

Haha, I was afraid of that. I need to FIND my Taco, I haven't used it since leaving my fabrication shop job last summer, but used it every day for a year or so before that.

us Offline parnass

• No Life Club
  • 4x4 since '74
Reply #3 on: January 14, 2016, 02:52:48 AM
Retired engineer, author.

A man with one multitool always knows exactly which to use. A man with many multitools is never quite sure. - parnass

us Offline NKlamerus

• No Life Club
  • Captain's Apprentice
Reply #4 on: January 14, 2016, 05:27:27 AM
Basically a Corset for a MT....

us Offline ironraven

• No Life Club
  • American Clandestine Materials Executive (ACME)
Reply #5 on: January 23, 2016, 09:22:40 PM
If it is long enough. A Rebar or Wave needs a bit of spacer, IMHO. Surge or Supertool, you're ready to rock.

I've carried used TACO's older brother for years for multis and lights- seconds don't normally count with tools, retention does. I carry my spare pistol mags in the TACO. Very secure for a flapless pouch, but I also check the shock cord weekly.

There is a new belt mounted version of the TACO which will be a little lighter and probably a little stronger for most of us rather than the MALICE clip version, http://www.highspeedgear.com/hsgi/bm-ptaco-13PT00.html but I use MALICE clips for belt loops. There is also a flapped version is also brand new, http://www.highspeedgear.com/hsgi/ptaco-covered-18PTC0.html , that is making me think they may be killing the basic flapped pouch in the near future. Which would annoy me- it's a REALLY good pouch design.
"Even if it is only the handful of people I meet on the street, or in my home, I can still protect them with this one sword" Kenshin Himura

Necessity is the mother of invention. If you're not ready, it's "a mother". If you are, it's "mom".

"I love democracy" Sheev Palpatine, upon his election to Chancellor.

Offline Max Archer

Reply #6 on: February 17, 2016, 09:51:25 AM
Sorry to take so long to reply back to this, I almost forgot I'd posted this here.

I believe the version Ironraven posted is the one I have. It has two velcro "flaps" that fold over one another and make a very secure belt mounting. There's no additional clip needed.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%