Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Utility blades on a multi tool

Offline preddan

Utility blades on a multi tool
on: January 22, 2007, 03:56:47 AM
I don't know of any that have that feature, maybe some here does. If not does anyone else think this would be a good idea?

I would use it, especially at work as a backup for my main tool. Now I must carry a folding utility knife in the space that would be better used for a dedicated folder (normal knife). Another idea is a kife/utility knife combo which I have seen; however the knife seems to be of low quality.

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Re: Utility blades on a multi tool
Reply #1 on: January 22, 2007, 04:06:46 AM
Are you talking about this kind of utility knife?

Hmmm, that would be an interesting idea. I've seen a smaller series of razor knife blades too, which might work better on a multitool.

* utility knife.JPG (Filesize: 15.46 KB)
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

Offline preddan

Reply #2 on: January 22, 2007, 04:10:08 AM
Yes exactly, new to forum.... how do you add pictures? Also, didn't think of the mini blade idea which is great.

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #3 on: January 22, 2007, 04:42:21 AM
When you click on the "reply" button and you see the text box where you type the message, under that in "Additional Options" you are allowed to upload up to 4 pictures (to a maximum of 128 k).  Use the Browse button to locate the pic on your computer and up it goes!

Or, if the pic is "borrowed" from another site or image hosting site, simply copy and paste the address in between "" the IMG HTML tags and it will show up.  Don't use the quotes though.

Getting back to the topic, I have a small "SuperKnife" type utility blad ethat is pretty nice, but the blade holding mechanism is pretty bulky and you'd lose alot of space inside that could fit other tools.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline 665ae

• Formerly known as 665ae
  • No Life Club
  • blah blah blah
Reply #4 on: January 22, 2007, 06:34:13 AM
That actually sound pretty neat.  What about a multi that you can use Exacto blades on? 
If you took all the intestines out of your body and stretched them end to end... you would die.

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #5 on: January 23, 2007, 05:29:58 AM
That actually sound pretty neat.  What about a multi that you can use Exacto blades on? 

I think an Exacto receptacle on a multitool would be handy. You could simply replace the blade whenever it got dull. The only trick would be to make the receptacle narrow enough, so that it wouldn't hog up a lot of space. And it would also have to hold the blade tightly, not like the blade exchanger on the Leatherman Surge, or the saw blade receptacle on the Gerber Pro Scout tools.

In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%