Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

93mm with small blade?

Offline 875fps

93mm with small blade?
on: January 25, 2016, 05:50:08 AM
I'm looking to add a small blade and a can opener as an additional layer to my configuration but I'm not having much luck finding a backspring that will work with the two. The small blade doesn't quite touch the spring which causes it to practically disappear when closed and gives it a ton of blade play when open.   It's bad enough that the nail nick is on the wrong side but with the blade so far down below the scale it's dang near impossible to get it open.  lol

Looking for a recommendation on getting a much better fit with this thing.

us Offline sLaughterMed

• No Life Club
  • Nothing's typical around here
Re: 93mm with small blade?
Reply #1 on: January 25, 2016, 05:58:52 PM
Vic makes a hawkbill shaped pruning blade that fits across from the main blade, and the cap lifter (no confirmation on if those two pruning blades have the same pivot shape, but I believe they do.) You might be able to get a hold of one of those, and reshape the hawkbill blade with a Dremel into a pen blade.

Syph007 gets them onto 93mms somehow, maybe try PMIng him about it.

Hopefully someone more knowledgeable will come around. Good luck with your mod!
Laughter is the best Medicine
Slaughter is just Laughter with an "S"

We are looking for Multitool Encyclopedia Editors! If you are interested, please give me a PM!

The Multitool Encyclopedia Editing for Dummies Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65751.0.html
Multitool Encyclopedia Suggested Edits Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65746.0.html

Offline 875fps

Reply #2 on: January 25, 2016, 06:03:33 PM
Vic makes a hawkbill shaped pruning blade that fits across from the main blade, and the cap lifter (no confirmation on if those two pruning blades have the same pivot shape, but I believe they do.) You might be able to get a hold of one of those, and reshape the hawkbill blade with a Dremel into a pen blade.

Syph007 gets them onto 93mms somehow, maybe try PMIng him about it.

Hopefully someone more knowledgeable will come around. Good luck with your mod!

Thanks for the help.  I think I already PM Bob too much so I was trying to give him a break.  lol

us Offline Sheradin

• Penn's Woods
Reply #3 on: January 27, 2016, 12:56:32 AM
Syph used a small blade and can opener with a thin washer in place of a mag glass opposite a phillips  in a 93mm build he did for me... Don't know what if any modification was needed to tools or springs. May be one to try, though.

Offline 875fps

Reply #4 on: January 27, 2016, 05:40:39 AM
Syph used a small blade and can opener with a thin washer in place of a mag glass opposite a phillips  in a 93mm build he did for me... Don't know what if any modification was needed to tools or springs. May be one to try, though.

Thank you.  I'll definitely be looking into the spring the mag glass uses.  I'm also going to holler at Bob and see if he minds answering this one for me as well.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%