Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

My Knifes and other things

Boaz · 67 · 5797

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Re: My Knifes and other things
Reply #30 on: January 27, 2016, 06:19:52 PM
Here is a neat reference for your Zippo
http://www.zippo.com/about/article.aspx?id=1582
Esse Quam Videri

scotland Offline Boaz

Reply #31 on: January 27, 2016, 06:24:43 PM

Here is a neat reference for your Zippo
http://www.zippo.com/about/article.aspx?id=1582

Thank you puts mine at 2003, so a few years but not proper old.

00 Offline kirk13

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #32 on: January 27, 2016, 06:45:15 PM
@kirk13 looks like you've got some explaining to do.

:shrug:
Nothing new there then ;)

Mind you,your a man who likes slippery slopes...

Zippos are even more addictive than Alox!
There is no beginning,or ending,and for this we are thankful,cos now is hard enough to understand!

scotland Offline Boaz

Reply #33 on: January 27, 2016, 07:10:14 PM

@kirk13 looks like you've got some explaining to do.

:shrug:
Nothing new there then ;)

Mind you,your a man who likes slippery slopes...

Zippos are even more addictive than Alox!

Ah man, don't say that!  It's bad enough at the moment.

scotland Offline Boaz

My Knifes and other things
Reply #34 on: January 30, 2016, 05:40:56 PM
Sorting out some old computer files and I found this picture:

Which shows me at work in 2005 at the G8 summit in Gleneagles, shortly after this was taken I had to use my Leatherman.

As you can see we are all behind fencing, to my right and behind are houses and on the left is fields and in front a VERY large demonstration is taking place. This is the closest point the demonstrators can get to the hotel where the summit is taking place.

The demonstrators made their way into the fields in an attempt to breach the perimeter of the grounds and try to gain access to the building.

As you can see a Chinook was dispatched to land colleagues in the field to deal with the threat, standing by were mounted officers.

However the route taken by the protesters prevented the horses from intercepting them, to allow access the horses came round behind us to find an access point, the field was ringed by a barbed wire fence. I use my Leatherman and cut the fence and the horses then charged the demonstrators.

This is a little about me and hopefully helps give a feel for a real situation where a multi tool was used in an emergency situation.

I'm sure there will be a few folks who remember these events.

Cheers.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2016, 05:44:21 PM by Boaz »

us Offline sLaughterMed

• No Life Club
  • Nothing's typical around here
Reply #35 on: January 30, 2016, 11:14:46 PM

(Image removed from quote.)

Which shows me at work in 2005 at the G8 summit in Gleneagles, shortly after this was taken I had to use my Leatherman.

As you can see we are all behind fencing, to my right and behind are houses and on the left is fields and in front a VERY large demonstration is taking place. This is the closest point the demonstrators can get to the hotel where the summit is taking place.

The demonstrators made their way into the fields in an attempt to breach the perimeter of the grounds and try to gain access to the building.

As you can see a Chinook was dispatched to land colleagues in the field to deal with the threat, standing by were mounted officers.

However the route taken by the protesters prevented the horses from intercepting them, to allow access the horses came round behind us to find an access point, the field was ringed by a barbed wire fence. I use my Leatherman and cut the fence and the horses then charged the demonstrators.

This is a little about me and hopefully helps give a feel for a real situation where a multi tool was used in an emergency situation.

Cheers.
Im sure what actually happened was much less extreme than it sounds, but they charged the demonstrators? What were they doing that required sending horses to run them down?
Laughter is the best Medicine
Slaughter is just Laughter with an "S"

We are looking for Multitool Encyclopedia Editors! If you are interested, please give me a PM!

The Multitool Encyclopedia Editing for Dummies Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65751.0.html
Multitool Encyclopedia Suggested Edits Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65746.0.html

00 Offline kirk13

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #36 on: January 30, 2016, 11:28:49 PM
I remember the protests we had in London...there's protesting,there's rolling mass action(seen both,and in South Africa,pre-ANC government),and then there's the nonsense that comes in the wake of the G8 and G10 conferences!
There is no beginning,or ending,and for this we are thankful,cos now is hard enough to understand!

scotland Offline Boaz

Reply #37 on: January 31, 2016, 11:42:59 AM

Cheers.
Im sure what actually happened was much less extreme than it sounds, but they charged the demonstrators? What were they doing that required sending horses to run them down?

The protesters were attempting to gain access to the heads of state. They had set fire to one of the watch towers and had overrun some of rye officers. 

scotland Offline Boaz

Reply #38 on: January 31, 2016, 11:43:40 AM

I remember the protests we had in London...there's protesting,there's rolling mass action(seen both,and in South Africa,pre-ANC government),and then there's the nonsense that comes in the wake of the G8 and G10 conferences!

Some of the protesters make a full time job out of it.

scotland Offline Boaz

Reply #39 on: February 03, 2016, 03:48:21 PM
Last week I moved to a new job indoors at a desk. I made sure I had a tool of some sort handy. My colleagues were very impressed with my Apple cutting skills.

00 Offline kirk13

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #40 on: February 03, 2016, 03:57:18 PM
Last week I moved to a new job indoors at a desk. I made sure I had a tool of some sort handy. My colleagues were very impressed with my Apple cutting skills.

Nice!

scotland Offline Boaz

Reply #41 on: February 03, 2016, 04:04:12 PM
Cheers!  I might have to get a dedicated fixed blade for Apple work, not that I need an excuse

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Reply #42 on: February 03, 2016, 06:28:12 PM
Cheers!  I might have to get a dedicated fixed blade for Apple work, not that I need an excuse

Or just get an Opinel. They're perfect for that kind of work.

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

scotland Offline Boaz

Reply #43 on: February 03, 2016, 06:59:46 PM

Or just get an Opinel. They're perfect for that kind of work.

Sounds like a plan!

us Offline Barry Rowland

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bon Journee!!
Reply #44 on: February 04, 2016, 06:48:10 AM
I'm a police officer too Boaz....great to have you aboard!  My m/t's have come in very handy over the years, especially with guys that don't pack one (I don't understand it for the life of me!).  Those are some great pics and thanks for sharing them!  BTW I live about an hour south of the Zippo Factory in Bradford, Penna.  If anyone needs anything from there let me know and I'll make a run up.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2016, 06:51:02 AM by Barry Rowland »
Barry

scotland Offline Boaz

Reply #45 on: February 04, 2016, 08:16:49 AM

I'm a police officer too Boaz....great to have you aboard!  My m/t's have come in very handy over the years, especially with guys that don't pack one (I don't understand it for the life of me!).  Those are some great pics and thanks for sharing them!  BTW I live about an hour south of the Zippo Factory in Bradford, Penna.  If anyone needs anything from there let me know and I'll make a run up.

Hi Barry, I can't understand those in our line of work that don't at least have a knife of some sort. I'm glad you like the pics.

Stay safe.

us Offline Barry Rowland

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bon Journee!!
Reply #46 on: February 04, 2016, 10:04:03 AM
I know it!  You too brother!
Barry

scotland Offline Boaz

Reply #47 on: February 06, 2016, 06:29:09 PM
I finally got round to using a Christmas gift card and found a shop that had done SAKS and MTs.  The Clasdic is perfect for my keyring. 

scotland Offline Boaz

Reply #48 on: February 08, 2016, 09:09:46 PM
I'm sure I'm not the only one who never needs an excuse to use one of their knives for an everyday task. This knife is about 36 years old and was brought back from France by my young brother after a school trip.

I can't carry it here in Scotland so the only outings it gets is to keep it oiled and the occasional household task.

scotland Offline Boaz

Reply #49 on: February 08, 2016, 09:10:18 PM
I'm sure I'm not the only one who never needs an excuse to use one of their knives for an everyday task. This knife is about 36 years old and was brought back from France by my young brother after a school trip.

I can't carry it here in Scotland so the only outings it gets is to keep it oiled and the occasional household task.

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #50 on: February 08, 2016, 09:52:15 PM

:imws: sorry bout hijacking your thread - but in fairness, http://forum.multitool.org/Smileys/default/blamekirky.png  :facepalm:
ok i gotta learn how to embed images or find the i blame kirky icon :(
 :rofl:

If I can do it....

It is a hidden smiley.   ;)

Code: [Select]
:kirky:

scotland Offline Boaz

Reply #51 on: February 15, 2016, 08:50:02 PM
This falls very firmly in the 'other things' category, a little extra Valentines gift from the Wife. I'm probably the same as many others here who enjoy spending time in the shed, garage, workshop or man cave, it has been a running joke for quite some time that I disappear into the garage and don't appear for hours, so much so that friends and family now comment on it!

The book is a parody using some old book illustrations made to reflect modern life, a quick fun read and very apt.

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Reply #52 on: February 16, 2016, 07:55:24 PM
This falls very firmly in the 'other things' category, a little extra Valentines gift from the Wife. I'm probably the same as many others here who enjoy spending time in the shed, garage, workshop or man cave, it has been a running joke for quite some time that I disappear into the garage and don't appear for hours, so much so that friends and family now comment on it!

The book is a parody using some old book illustrations made to reflect modern life, a quick fun read and very apt.

Oh no, you didn't!

Show content
You just keep provoking me!

Show content
All right, fine!

Show content
Remember, you brought this upon yourself!

Show content

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

scotland Offline Boaz

Reply #53 on: March 05, 2016, 07:30:16 PM
I changed the strap on my Victorinox watch today, I went for a Grey NATO style. I'm pretty pleased with it.

us Offline SAK Guy

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • "Spending all of my money and time Oh, ho ho...'"
Reply #54 on: March 05, 2016, 08:19:44 PM
I changed the strap on my Victorinox watch today, I went for a Grey NATO style. I'm pretty pleased with it.

Nice!!!! Love the NATO bands!!!
- Robert

Quo Fata Ferunt
"It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues." - Ten Bears

us Offline Barry Rowland

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bon Journee!!
Reply #55 on: March 06, 2016, 03:04:45 AM
+1!!!!! :tu:  Gorgeous watch!
Barry

scotland Offline Boaz

Reply #56 on: March 06, 2016, 03:06:14 PM

Nice!!!! Love the NATO bands!!!
+1!!!!! :tu:  Gorgeous watch!

Thanks guys, I'm really enjoying it.

scotland Offline Boaz

Reply #57 on: March 09, 2016, 05:20:07 PM
Finally added a strap to the SEIKO Titanium head I bought a couple of weeks ago. It has 16mm spring bars and is a little bit smaller than I'm used to but looks ok with a light great NATO.

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #58 on: March 09, 2016, 07:39:38 PM
Looks great.  I know we've come a long way from the watches our grandfather wore ( size wise ) but I still enjoy the smaller ones. 
Esse Quam Videri

scotland Offline Boaz

Reply #59 on: March 09, 2016, 07:55:33 PM

Looks great.  I know we've come a long way from the watches our grandfather wore ( size wise ) but I still enjoy the smaller ones.

Quite, It has been some time since I've worn a smaller watch but I'll stick with this one. Cheers.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%