Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Parts for Upgrade/Repair Leatherman multitools

us Offline AlphaTea

Re: Parts for Upgrade/Repair Leatherman multitools
Reply #210 on: February 18, 2017, 10:32:46 PM
You will need bits for disassemble tool (TT10), wave/charge scissors, wave/charge file, wave/charge flat screwdriver or rebar awl, washer. Large bit holder thickness in more than twice the standard tool.
I am surmising from the previous posts here the you are "the Man" to contact about purchasing the pieces. Do you have all of these parts on hand? How are you normally paid?
I looked all over the internet trying to find a source for these parts and you are the only place I have found. And I am glad I have.

I have owned Leatherman tools since about 1985 when I bought my first PST. I loved it except for trying to grab anything with the pliers hurts the hand pretty bad. I bought the Wave when it first came out and it was an order of magnitude better than the PST. I bought the XTi in 2005 and used it just about every day since. It is still in good shape but I have missed the scissors on the Wave. I probably should have bought the TTi instead.
Lasciate ogni speranza voi ch'entrate

us Offline JustinCase

Reply #211 on: February 20, 2017, 12:54:44 AM
You will need bits for disassemble tool (TT10), wave/charge scissors, wave/charge file, wave/charge flat screwdriver or rebar awl, washer. Large bit holder thickness in more than twice the standard tool.
I am surmising from the previous posts here the you are "the Man" to contact about purchasing the pieces. Do you have all of these parts on hand? How are you normally paid?
I looked all over the internet trying to find a source for these parts and you are the only place I have found. And I am glad I have.

I have owned Leatherman tools since about 1985 when I bought my first PST. I loved it except for trying to grab anything with the pliers hurts the hand pretty bad. I bought the Wave when it first came out and it was an order of magnitude better than the PST. I bought the XTi in 2005 and used it just about every day since. It is still in good shape but I have missed the scissors on the Wave. I probably should have bought the TTi instead.
Too bad you have the original Wave otherwise you can just swap the scissors and flat medium screw driver with the large bit driver of your XTI, and you will have a TTi... :popcorn:
« Last Edit: February 20, 2017, 01:04:08 AM by JustinCase »
“It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I try a little longer to solve the problem"

us Offline AlphaTea

Reply #212 on: February 20, 2017, 02:21:25 AM
I do have another Wave in storage...
How do I tell the difference between old and new Wave?

us Offline JustinCase

Reply #213 on: February 20, 2017, 04:45:58 AM
I do have another Wave in storage...
How do I tell the difference between old and new Wave?
The older Wave has a slimmer form factor. The new Wave is wider with bigger stronger pliers and bigger stronger knife blades and saw compared to the original  slick Wave which has smaller blades/saw plus way too many flat head driver, also has an old style Phillips screwdriver instead of bits, bigger scissors and no locking mechanism for the inner implements.
“It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I try a little longer to solve the problem"

us Offline AlphaTea

Reply #214 on: February 20, 2017, 07:31:44 AM
Hello all!
This is my first post. I am glad I found this forum, I have a Charge XTi that I want to mod.
I want to remove one of the bit holders and replace it with the scissors from a Charge TTi.
Also I need to replace my file because the diamond side a gone too smooth to work.
What tools will I need?
Thanks in advance
Can you give me a quote for all of those items and your payment terms, please?

es Offline alexTOOL

• No Life Club
Reply #215 on: February 22, 2017, 01:23:20 AM
Hi!

How much would be the Leatherman bit extender?

Thanks!

ru Offline loki-mobile

Reply #216 on: February 22, 2017, 12:17:52 PM
Hello all!
This is my first post. I am glad I found this forum, I have a Charge XTi that I want to mod.
I want to remove one of the bit holders and replace it with the scissors from a Charge TTi.
Also I need to replace my file because the diamond side a gone too smooth to work.
What tools will I need?
Thanks in advance

Write please what parts do you need?

ru Offline loki-mobile

Reply #217 on: February 22, 2017, 07:08:37 PM
Hi!

How much would be the Leatherman bit extender?

Thanks!
Not interesting price :(
$24+$4 Shipping = $28
Sorry

us Offline AlphaTea

Reply #218 on: February 23, 2017, 05:22:52 AM
Hello all!
What tools will I need?
Thanks in advance

I need the parts you said I would need:
disassemble tool (TT10),
wave/charge scissors,
wave/charge file,
wave/charge flat screwdriver
rebar awl, ( I'm guessing I cannot install both the awl and screwdriver, I will decide which to install after I see them)
2 washers :cheers:
Thanks in advance

ru Offline loki-mobile

Reply #219 on: February 23, 2017, 06:16:20 PM
Hello all!
What tools will I need?
Thanks in advance

disassemble tool (TT10),
wave/charge scissors,
wave/charge file,
rebar awl, ( I'm guessing I cannot install both the awl and screwdriver, I will decide which to install after I see them)
Thanks in advance

Reply to PM

us Offline AlphaTea

Reply #220 on: February 23, 2017, 07:05:28 PM
[/quote]
disassemble tool (TT10),
wave/charge scissors,
wave/charge file,
Thanks in advance
[/quote]

Reply to PM
[/quote]
Reply and payment sent :tu:

Offline ChrisinHove

Reply #221 on: March 06, 2017, 05:14:15 PM
Hiya.

Would one of the bit holders fit my Crunch?

Thanks!

Chris

au Offline gregozedobe

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Apparently it is possible to have too many tools;)
Reply #222 on: March 06, 2017, 05:27:00 PM

What's wrong with the standard 1/4" hex bit driver already in your Crunch ?  (take out the tension adjusting screw and you'll see it)   ???
babola: "Enjoy your tools and don't be afraid to air your opinion and feelings here, but do it in courteous and respectable way toward others, of course."

Offline ChrisinHove

Reply #223 on: March 06, 2017, 06:11:12 PM

What's wrong with the standard 1/4" hex bit driver already in your Crunch ?  (take out the tension adjusting screw and you'll see it)   ???

It's more a case of swapping out what I don't need - the blade - for something more useful to me.  I was hoping to be able to fit a bit that would take 1/4 drive sockets.

au Offline gregozedobe

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Apparently it is possible to have too many tools;)
Reply #224 on: March 06, 2017, 11:47:47 PM

It's more a case of swapping out what I don't need - the blade - for something more useful to me. I was hoping to be able to fit a bit that would take 1/4 drive sockets.

You mean like the SOG one that fits diagonally into 1/4" square female sockets ? 
https://www.sogknives.com/1-4-driver.html
http://forum.multitool.org/index.php?topic=39195.0

All the bit holders I've seen are much thicker than the Crunch blade, so even if the tang fits (or can be made to fit) you would have to sacrifice other tool components to make room.
http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,37433.msg601722.html#msg601722

There are adaptors that will do that for your Crunch: 1/4" hex male to 1/4" square male
babola: "Enjoy your tools and don't be afraid to air your opinion and feelings here, but do it in courteous and respectable way toward others, of course."

Offline ChrisinHove

Reply #225 on: March 07, 2017, 02:49:08 PM
You're right.  I'm trying to reinvent the wheel, aren't I!

gb Offline OR6

Reply #226 on: March 07, 2017, 04:20:10 PM
Hi,

I would like to order 2 X LM wrenches please.

« Last Edit: March 07, 2017, 05:45:19 PM by OR6 »

us Offline JustinCase

Reply #227 on: March 11, 2017, 11:55:56 PM
I would like to order a set of 2 lite wrenches if you still sell them. Thanks.

us Offline JustinCase

Reply #228 on: March 12, 2017, 08:20:56 PM
I would like to order a set of 2 lite wrenches if you still sell them. Thanks.
(Image removed from quote.)

I replied to to your pm and payment sent for Set#10 (Two (2) lite Leatherman wrenches) - $19 with shipping :tu:
« Last Edit: March 12, 2017, 08:26:49 PM by JustinCase »

Offline ChrisinHove

Reply #229 on: March 13, 2017, 10:26:54 PM
Is the Surge "small bits holder" needed for the micro/eyeglasses bit you've sent me?

If so, I should have ordered one of those as well!

Thanks,
Chris

us Offline AlphaTea

Reply #230 on: March 14, 2017, 11:29:10 PM
I received the parts I wanted from Loki in an acceptable time.The parts are top notch!
My Charge's Torx bolts are 5 points instead of 6 point, and Loki sent 6 point bits. I am assuming that 6 points are normal, right?
Is there something wrong with my Charge?

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #231 on: March 15, 2017, 08:38:25 AM
I received the parts I wanted from Loki in an acceptable time.The parts are top notch!
My Charge's Torx bolts are 5 points instead of 6 point, and Loki sent 6 point bits. I am assuming that 6 points are normal, right?

Yeah mate, 6 is the new 5.
Nothing wrong with your Charge.
Unfortunately you weren't aware of the two types when you ordered.

All sets available

Set1 - Two LM Wrench - $25 (With WW Shipping)
Set2 - Two LM Wrench + Two 6-star bits (TT10) - $31 (With WW Shipping)
Set3 - Two LM Wrench + Two 5-star bits (TS10) - $34 (With WW Shipping)
Set4 - Two LM Wrench + Two 6-star bits (TT10) + Two 5-star bits (TS10)- $37 (With WW Shipping)
Set5 - Two 6-star bits (TT10) - $11 (With WW Shipping)
Set6 - Two 5-star bits (TS10) - $14 (With WW Shipping)
Set7 - Two 6-star bits (TT10) + Two 5-star bits (TS10) - $19 (With WW Shipping)
Set8 - One Gerber Wrench - $13 (With WW Shipping) (To disassemble the Gerber multitool quite a one wrench.)
Set9 - Two Gerber Wrench - $18 (With WW Shipping)
Set10 - Two LM Lite Wrench - $19 (With WW Shipping)

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #232 on: March 15, 2017, 03:41:38 PM

You can get them here

http://www.ebay.com/itm/5-Point-Star-pentalobe-torx-Security-Bit-Set-hole-IP-TS-8-10-15-20-25-27-30-40-/361925090616?hash=item54446a9d38:g:z7wAAMXQ3kNTe23R

us Offline JustinCase

Reply #233 on: March 15, 2017, 09:43:47 PM

You can get them here

http://www.ebay.com/itm/5-Point-Star-pentalobe-torx-Security-Bit-Set-hole-IP-TS-8-10-15-20-25-27-30-40-/361925090616?hash=item54446a9d38:g:z7wAAMXQ3kNTe23R

.....or here if you want two five points screwdrivers :whistle:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/161141138373?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

us Offline AlphaTea

Reply #234 on: March 16, 2017, 04:20:55 PM
I got them both... :tu:
I had no idea there was such a thing as a 5 Point Star pentalobe torx Security Bit until i started trying to get the 6 point in the hole.

Offline hugburger

Reply #235 on: March 23, 2017, 03:25:15 AM
I have a new model surge that I want to get rid of the bottle opener. What would it be a straight swap with?
Ideally I'd want the small bit holder that the old model surge had. Is that a straight swap for the bottle opener and awl if I move one of the flatheads to the other side?

Also is there an elegant way of swapping the plain edge blade out with another saw holder or a file?

Thanks!

us Offline MusicMen

• No Life Club
  • 21 Badges for Eagle
Reply #236 on: March 23, 2017, 06:26:39 AM
Do you still have Skeletool/Freestyle (154CM) - $21? I have been trying to contact Texas Tool and no response for 2 weeks, e-mail or phone. I originally wanted a Damascus blade. You would be welcome to my dual edge blade from my Skeletool.
BUCK: X-Tract, 360
GERBER: Clutch, Shortcut, Dime*, DimE*, Octane & Crucial FAST
MP600 NN, CentreDrive, Grappler
Diesel*, Nickle*, Bullrush, MP600 BN, Flik & MP600DET* all in BO
LEATHERMAN: Skeletool, Style PS, CS, ES* & Style*, Juice S2(X2), SC2, C2, Pro, XE6
Crunch, MTO Style CS, Sideclip, BO Kick*
SOG: PowerAccess, Blacktip*, HD PPP
VICTORINOX: SwissTool Std, X(CS), & RS all with red logo, Spirit XBS
*=mod

ru Offline loki-mobile

Reply #237 on: March 23, 2017, 07:58:10 AM
Do you still have Skeletool/Freestyle (154CM) - $21? I have been trying to contact Texas Tool and no response for 2 weeks, e-mail or phone. I originally wanted a Damascus blade. You would be welcome to my dual edge blade from my Skeletool.
Knives Skeletool 154CM are not available now. Will be in late March.

Offline hugburger

Reply #238 on: March 26, 2017, 03:46:19 AM
Hi,

So I've found that the surge small bit holder is indeed a straight swap for the bottle opener  :tu: so i'll be having one of those, it includes the small bit right?
I'll also take a surge saw holder, and the surge file if you have one

Does the diamond file from the wave have the same pivot diameter as the blade of the surge? if it is i'd be interested in one

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #239 on: March 26, 2017, 05:07:27 AM
I have a new model surge that I want to get rid of the bottle opener. What would it be a straight swap with?
Ideally I'd want the small bit holder that the old model surge had. Is that a straight swap for the bottle opener and awl if I move one of the flatheads to the other side?

Also is there an elegant way of swapping the plain edge blade out with another saw holder or a file?

Thanks!

Hi,

So I've found that the surge small bit holder is indeed a straight swap for the bottle opener  :tu: so i'll be having one of those, it includes the small bit right?
I'll also take a surge saw holder, and the surge file if you have one

Does the diamond file from the wave have the same pivot diameter as the blade of the surge? if it is i'd be interested in one

The sm bit driver isn't a straight swap sorry.
Nor is the t shank holder for a blade.
The diamond file has the same pivot but the outside profile is different.
All your ideas can happen, they'll just need a little work.
I recommend asking your questions in either the leatherman or modding sub sections.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%