Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

€1,- ProForte adjustable wrench 150mm / 6 inch

nl Offline anditsgone

€1,- ProForte adjustable wrench 150mm / 6 inch
on: January 31, 2016, 08:10:29 PM
Bought this adjustable wrench at the flea market for 1 euro. I have been looking for a small adjustable wrench before but forgot about it again. Now i found one for a great price and just could not let it pass by.

I will put this one in my jacket pocket so i always have a tool with me so i can loosen and tighten small to medium nuts and bolts. The maximum width of the wrench is 21mm and i can fit up to M12 nuts and bolts in it.
Of course you dont have a lot of force because the handle is pretty short but you can always put your foot on it :D

This will be ideal for cyclists, motorcyclists and also just for regular car use.
You can easily take out a bicycle wheel out with this adjustable wrench, something that is pretty hard to do with just an regular multitool.
image.jpeg
* image.jpeg (Filesize: 112.41 KB)
« Last Edit: January 31, 2016, 08:14:09 PM by anditsgone »

us Offline cody6268

• Absolutely No Life Club
Re: €1,- ProForte adjustable wrench 150mm / 6 inch
Reply #1 on: February 01, 2016, 02:23:00 AM
A Euro isn't bad at all!  While I normally avoid bargain bin tools (preferring similarly priced used American,  or Euro made tools), they're always great to have, as they're usually so cheap, they can be thought of as disposable. 

I am currently using my grandfather's old USA made 6" Crescent wrench, and when I do need to carry it, it's usually in the elastic tube on the side of my Leatherman sheath. It's time I retire it (it also has his name engraved onto it, and as a result has high sentimental value), and start using my own "Olympia" branded 6" bargain bin "Crescent Style" wrench. Using the "gripper" portion of a multitool is very awkward for using as a wrench. There have been some cases the area was so tight, I'll have to use my Leatherman 6 one-piece tool.

When my grandfather and I need extra torque on a ratchet, we just use a length of steel or aluminum pipe (in this case, an old broom handle) slightly larger in diameter than the handle.

nl Offline anditsgone

Reply #2 on: February 01, 2016, 02:31:02 PM
A Euro isn't bad at all!  While I normally avoid bargain bin tools (preferring similarly priced used American,  or Euro made tools), they're always great to have, as they're usually so cheap, they can be thought of as disposable. 

I am currently using my grandfather's old USA made 6" Crescent wrench, and when I do need to carry it, it's usually in the elastic tube on the side of my Leatherman sheath. It's time I retire it (it also has his name engraved onto it, and as a result has high sentimental value), and start using my own "Olympia" branded 6" bargain bin "Crescent Style" wrench. Using the "gripper" portion of a multitool is very awkward for using as a wrench. There have been some cases the area was so tight, I'll have to use my Leatherman 6 one-piece tool.

When my grandfather and I need extra torque on a ratchet, we just use a length of steel or aluminum pipe (in this case, an old broom handle) slightly larger in diameter than the handle.

Yup, this one is probably not as good as an real Bahco example but that one
was 12 times more expensive :pok:  :D

It does say chrome vanadium on the handle so it is (probably) made from pretty decent tool steel.

You can indeed multiply your strength by putting an a long tube over the handle. The only problem is that i don't edc a long metal tube :P :D

gb Offline Biker_Bob

Reply #3 on: April 24, 2016, 01:21:09 PM
Not wanting to troll, but that's why I think the Leatherman Crunch is the ultimate multitool. You don't need an adjustable spanner if you have a Crunch!

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%