Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Found this at a rummage sale, still sealed in cellophane.

us Offline Alan K.

• Thread Killer 2019
  • Absolutely No Life Club
It is a 2CR marked multi tool.  Yeah, one of them. I've had some 2CR PST copies that were good quality, but this SuperTool sized MT feels flimsy.  It is considerably lighter than a real SuperTool.  The tools on this lock, but you unlock them by partially opening another tool, so you better not open them all at once! The knife blade is so dull I'm not sure there ever was an attempt made to sharpen it.  The bits include: Phillips 1, 2, & 3,  Flat blade 3/16, 1/4, & 5/16 and Hex drivers 2, 3, 4, 5, & 6.  The bits seem pretty solid, but it is harder to make bad bits than to make good ones.  Even in China.

The given brand is Savile Row and the back of the package says,

"Made In China expressly for Federated Department Stores, Inc. C 2000 SR-4610"

It checks out as something sold at Macy's as a Christmas item in 2000, possibly up to 2003.  I can't believe the guy I got it from never opened it.  Not even out of curiosity.

I'm just going to put this out there, Macy's may be a good place to buy fashionable clothes (I would presume, but have no actual experience with Macy's or with fashionable clothes) however, Macy's would never be the place I'd go to if I was looking to buy a multi tool.
P1100646.JPG
* P1100646.JPG (Filesize: 276.25 KB)
P1100645.JPG
* P1100645.JPG (Filesize: 153.7 KB)
P1100648.JPG
* P1100648.JPG (Filesize: 300.24 KB)
P1100650.JPG
* P1100650.JPG (Filesize: 215.28 KB)

us Offline cody6268

Re: Found this at a rummage sale, still sealed in cellophane.
Reply #1 on: February 07, 2016, 04:16:01 PM
Looks like something in different packaging (and a different name) that's set and set for more than a decade at the local Farm Bureau stores. But, at close to price to what I paid for a used Super Tool (about $13 for the knockoff, and $20 for the SuperTool), there's no way it's ever coming home with me.

us Offline Alan K.

• Thread Killer 2019
Reply #2 on: February 07, 2016, 08:11:35 PM
I've tried to explain the concept of buying a used tool of known quality instead of a brand new tool of unknown quality for the same price, to too many people too many times.  Some people just won't accept that something old and dirty can be better than something new.  I would snap up a $20 SuperTool so fast I might sprain my wrist getting my wallet out.  I only buy stuff like this Savile Row tool from Macy's because I have a hard time not buying interesting looking tools when I see them just sitting on a blanket like this one was.  It's a sickness.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2016, 08:12:51 PM by Alan K. »

us Offline Yadda

• No Life Club
  • Lifelike and remarkably self similar
Reply #3 on: February 08, 2016, 02:39:37 AM
"It didn't hurt, flirt, blood squirt, stuffed shirt, hang me on a tree
After I count down three rounds, in Hell I'll be in good company" -  The Dead South

wales Offline magentus

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • mmmmm SAKrelicious
Reply #4 on: February 11, 2016, 01:51:01 PM
Alan- My name is Alan K and I'm a Toolaholic.

Everyone else- Hello Alan.................................................................

'Use the force Harry' - Gandalf

us Offline Alan K.

• Thread Killer 2019
Reply #5 on: February 11, 2016, 03:33:11 PM

Everyone else- Hello Alan.................................................................

You didn't see what I posted in the new member forum when I joined.  Denial.
http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,62639.0.html

wales Offline magentus

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • mmmmm SAKrelicious
Reply #6 on: February 12, 2016, 03:27:32 PM

You didn't see what I posted in the new member forum when I joined.  Denial.
http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,62639.0.html
Nothing wrong with Egyptian rivers...........................
'Use the force Harry' - Gandalf

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Reply #7 on: February 12, 2016, 05:27:53 PM
I've tried to explain the concept of buying a used tool of known quality instead of a brand new tool of unknown quality for the same price, to too many people too many times.  Some people just won't accept that something old and dirty can be better than something new.  I would snap up a $20 SuperTool so fast I might sprain my wrist getting my wallet out.  I only buy stuff like this Savile Row tool from Macy's because I have a hard time not buying interesting looking tools when I see them just sitting on a blanket like this one was.  It's a sickness.

Every day of the week and twice on Sundays!

Show content

8)

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #8 on: February 12, 2016, 05:48:32 PM
I know the feeling mate,i just cant leave a mt behind,even if its a cheapy  :facepalm: im getting better though  :D

us Offline sLaughterMed

• No Life Club
  • Nothing's typical around here
Reply #9 on: February 13, 2016, 02:54:20 AM

Every day of the week and twice on Sundays!

Show content

8)
+1

:D
Laughter is the best Medicine
Slaughter is just Laughter with an "S"

We are looking for Multitool Encyclopedia Editors! If you are interested, please give me a PM!

The Multitool Encyclopedia Editing for Dummies Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65751.0.html
Multitool Encyclopedia Suggested Edits Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65746.0.html

fi Offline Gath

Reply #10 on: May 23, 2016, 08:51:57 AM
Used tools are indeed king, I just got a beater early Swisschamp for 25€ total including everything, the knife, shipping and some replacement parts. That knife has served for a quarter decade and it has at least another one of them in it.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%