Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Keychain flashlight

Weasel · 57 · 5841

ro Offline Corwyn

• No Life Club
Re: Keychain flashlight
Reply #30 on: February 16, 2016, 09:21:48 PM
I know it's not the best price/quality ratio, but I love my Led Lenser K2L.
Amazing quality and ergonomics. This and my Rogue are my favourite pieces of kit.

https://www.ledlenser.com/uk/flashlights/k2l/
Corwyn of Multitool, the First of His name, King of Victorinox, King of Leatherman, Gerber and the First Generation SOG, Lord of the Seven Wrenches, Protector of the Forum, Khal of the Bushes, called Corwyn Toolborn, the Unsharpened, Father of SAKs.

us Offline 0880

Reply #31 on: February 17, 2016, 08:02:53 AM
Here's a pic, it's the furthest on the right with the ball chain.  Sorry for the recycled pic, used it on another forum.  But it gives you a good idea of it's size.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

What is this another forum you talk about?!

(Image removed from quote.)

EDC forums.

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Reply #32 on: February 17, 2016, 02:05:33 PM
Here's a pic, it's the furthest on the right with the ball chain.  Sorry for the recycled pic, used it on another forum.  But it gives you a good idea of it's size.

EDC forums.

Yeah, I thought it would be one like that. I was just joking (there's only one forum in the interwebs, MTo!).

:cheers: :tu:

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #33 on: February 17, 2016, 02:17:46 PM

EDC forums.

Yeah, I thought it would be one like that. I was just joking (there's only one forum in the interwebs, MTo!).

Haha someone took you seriously.   :ahhh

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #34 on: February 17, 2016, 02:21:28 PM
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Internet_forums#M

according to Wikipedia MTO does not exist  :ahhh
Kelly: "Daddy, what makes men cheat on women?
Al : "Women!"

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #35 on: February 17, 2016, 02:25:06 PM

EDC forums.

Finally!

:D :D

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

ro Offline Corwyn

• No Life Club
Reply #36 on: February 17, 2016, 02:37:01 PM
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Internet_forums#M

according to Wikipedia MTO does not exist  :ahhh

:pok: Marketing Maven? Get on it!

Honestly we're at 5.000 members, BF is a 300.000 members, KF is a 71.000, edc has 45.000 and none has a Wikipedia listing...
Corwyn of Multitool, the First of His name, King of Victorinox, King of Leatherman, Gerber and the First Generation SOG, Lord of the Seven Wrenches, Protector of the Forum, Khal of the Bushes, called Corwyn Toolborn, the Unsharpened, Father of SAKs.

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #37 on: February 17, 2016, 03:46:37 PM
..this is what happens when you refuse GBs offer.... :whistle:

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

bavaria Offline Humppa

Reply #38 on: February 17, 2016, 07:42:45 PM
 :b2t:
You can call me Papa Andi

R.I.P. Lemmy Kilmister 24th Dec 1945 - 28th Dec 2015

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #39 on: February 17, 2016, 07:52:58 PM
wrong forum for that...   :rofl:

bg Offline N_N_R

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #40 on: February 17, 2016, 08:22:25 PM
wrong forum for that...   :rofl:

:rofl:

I didn't even know this smiley existed  :facepalm:

us Offline 0880

Reply #41 on: February 18, 2016, 12:47:02 AM

EDC forums.

Finally!

Hey I'm new here, give me some time to figure it out! ;)

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #42 on: February 18, 2016, 12:57:14 AM

EDC forums.

Finally!

Welcome to the boards mate.   :cheers:

scotland Online Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #43 on: February 18, 2016, 01:21:41 PM

EDC forums.

Finally!

Well you've already worked out that no-one takes anything pfrsantos says seriously.  Ever. ;)

Welcome to the forum. :cheers:
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #44 on: February 18, 2016, 08:34:44 PM

EDC forums.

Finally!

Well you've already worked out that no-one takes anything pfrsantos says seriously.  Ever. ;)

Welcome to the forum. :cheers:

Yeah... Who started that trend, anyway?!

:kirky:

:rant:  :rant:  :rant:  :rant:

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #45 on: February 19, 2016, 01:50:45 AM
As always late to the dinner table.

I got a SS E05 and its been nothing but trouble.  It wont stay on and if its slightly bumped it turns off.  I'm gonna call Fenix and see if they will take a look at it.  I've tried several batteries to see if its a connection issue.  I've also cleaned the thing several times according to how Fenix says.  Seems like somethings loose within the head.   

I also gave up on button cell lights.  I had a Photon X on my keys for a few years but removed it.  I had some issues with it accidentally turing on.  I still have it but now its been relegated to emergency back up.  It cannot be accidentally turned on so we'll see.   

I have 2 Thrunite Tis single mode lights and they have been problematic as well.  The little spongy thing that is between the battery and head is lame.  I knew it was a battery crusher but dang.  I beat the crap out of one to get it to work and oddly it now does.  My 4/7s ATOM A0 is finicky.  I've had problems with it wanting to switch modes or not turn on at all.  It has something between the battery and head as well.     

I have a Thrunite Ti  Xmas edition which has been great.  I also have a Lumintop Worm SS that also has been great.  These lights have won out as my keychain lights.  I also have 4/7s Preon P0 that has been decent.   

I guess as with all things each owners mileage varies, as they say. 

I sure hope you have flawless usage and a long life with yours.   
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline 0880

Reply #46 on: February 20, 2016, 11:20:54 PM
Thanks for the welcome everyone!  I look forward to great conversations and info exchange here.

gb Offline Weasel

• No Life Club
Reply #47 on: February 21, 2016, 12:25:22 AM
As always late to the dinner table.

I got a SS E05 and its been nothing but trouble.  It wont stay on and if its slightly bumped it turns off.  I'm gonna call Fenix and see if they will take a look at it.  I've tried several batteries to see if its a connection issue.  I've also cleaned the thing several times according to how Fenix says.  Seems like somethings loose within the head.   

I also gave up on button cell lights.  I had a Photon X on my keys for a few years but removed it.  I had some issues with it accidentally turing on.  I still have it but now its been relegated to emergency back up.  It cannot be accidentally turned on so we'll see.   

I have 2 Thrunite Tis single mode lights and they have been problematic as well.  The little spongy thing that is between the battery and head is lame.  I knew it was a battery crusher but dang.  I beat the crap out of one to get it to work and oddly it now does.  My 4/7s ATOM A0 is finicky.  I've had problems with it wanting to switch modes or not turn on at all.  It has something between the battery and head as well.     

I have a Thrunite Ti  Xmas edition which has been great.  I also have a Lumintop Worm SS that also has been great.  These lights have won out as my keychain lights.  I also have 4/7s Preon P0 that has been decent.   

I guess as with all things each owners mileage varies, as they say. 

I sure hope you have flawless usage and a long life with yours.   
Sorry to hear about your troubles with your e05 I hope I'm goin to have better luck with mine.
It's working fine thus far.
Weasel

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Reply #48 on: February 28, 2016, 08:43:05 PM
I carried many flashlights both on keychain, pocket and holster/sheath.
I liked the Led LENSER and Nitecore Tube (but also had problems with the button switching on without me noticing) but wanted something sturdier, brighter and more compact.

While keeping the single AAA format. Single click, switches between low-med-high. Nothing more, keep it simple.

I found the best option to be the Lumintop AAA, and would definitely recommend it to anyone looking for a reliable, bright and really compact light.

It's incredible how it costs just about $20, it feels like most $40 and up lights I've tried...

I also recommend the DQG Fairy and CooYoo Quantum for keychain carry, they're twist.operation and really nice for the $

My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

fi Offline engblom

Reply #49 on: March 09, 2016, 11:47:59 AM
I know I am late as you got your flashlight. However I want to give my input in case someone else is reading the thread and and would care for some additional advice.

The best flashlight I have ever had is the Photon Micro-Light II. There are plenty of pirate copies and they are just worthless. The real one got much brighter led. It is so small and light and really easy to light up with just one hand:

photon002 001.JPG
* photon002 001.JPG (Filesize: 78 KB)
« Last Edit: March 09, 2016, 11:49:22 AM by engblom »

gb Offline Weasel

• No Life Club
Reply #50 on: March 09, 2016, 12:53:46 PM

I know I am late as you got your flashlight. However I want to give my input in case someone else is reading the thread and and would care for some additional advice.

The best flashlight I have ever had is the Photon Micro-Light II. There are plenty of pirate copies and they are just worthless. The real one got much brighter led. It is so small and light and really easy to light up with just one hand:
I had one of those , well it must have been a fake as it was rubbish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Weasel

scotland Online Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #51 on: March 09, 2016, 01:04:42 PM

Genuine Photon brand lights aren't rubbish, but they do cost.  If you pay £1 or so, then it's a copy.  If you pay £10 or more and it comes in proper packaging then it's not.  However, I also feel that the Photon now lags behind the likes of the Nitcore Tube.
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

gb Offline Weasel

• No Life Club
Reply #52 on: March 09, 2016, 01:09:07 PM

Genuine Photon brand lights aren't rubbish, but they do cost.  If you pay £1 or so, then it's a copy.  If you pay £10 or more and it comes in proper packaging then it's not.  However, I also feel that the Photon now lags behind the likes of the Nitcore Tube.
Yeah I only paid a few quid I think .

Weasel

gr Offline firiki

• Cats have pocket knives of their own
Reply #53 on: March 09, 2016, 01:48:13 PM
What bugs me on these Photons are the seemingly elevated chances of accidental activation and also the lack of a housing for the LED; aren't they blinding because of this?
Omnia vincit amor. Vae victis.

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #54 on: March 09, 2016, 06:48:21 PM
What bugs me on these Photons are the seemingly elevated chances of accidental activation and also the lack of a housing for the LED; aren't they blinding because of this?

I have a photon and its not too bad regarding being blinding.  There are some with a "covert" cover and I've seen DIY covers for the led. 
Esse Quam Videri

au Offline gregozedobe

• Apparently it is possible to have too many tools;)
Reply #55 on: March 09, 2016, 09:04:46 PM
What bugs me on these Photons are the seemingly elevated chances of accidental activation

On the genuine Photon Freedom micro it is possible to program it to automatically switch itself off after a shortish time (1-2 minutes ?), with fauxtons you can bend the legs on the LED so it is unlikely to turn on unless pressed quite firmly (and the simple ones only stay on if you slide the little plastic lever, which is very unlikely to happen accidentally).
babola: "Enjoy your tools and don't be afraid to air your opinion and feelings here, but do it in courteous and respectable way toward others, of course."

gr Offline firiki

• Cats have pocket knives of their own
Reply #56 on: March 10, 2016, 11:56:06 AM
I have a photon and its not too bad regarding being blinding.  There are some with a "covert" cover and I've seen DIY covers for the led.

On the genuine Photon Freedom micro it is possible to program it to automatically switch itself off after a shortish time (1-2 minutes ?), with fauxtons you can bend the legs on the LED so it is unlikely to turn on unless pressed quite firmly (and the simple ones only stay on if you slide the little plastic lever, which is very unlikely to happen accidentally).

Thank you for your information, gentlemen  :cheers:

I had a fauxton in the early '90s, simple press and glow switch. It was surprisingly bright for the time and it kept blinding me if I didn't use it correctly. I'd keep it in my pocket and it would often turn on for some reason -people would often comment that there was light coming out of my pocket :D

It was a useful little thing until it finally stopped working some yeas later. I'd gladly stash some good ones around the house, the car or at work and on zippers for cases that need short bursts. I'm very fond of my Fenix E01, however!
Omnia vincit amor. Vae victis.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD