Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Need a watch recommend please...

Joe58 · 33 · 5139

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Re: Need a watch recommend please...
Reply #30 on: February 24, 2016, 03:52:44 PM
They're branded as Victorinox.  I don't have a Vic watch (yet ;) ), but I do have two Wengers.  Several months ago I got my first Citizen Eco Drive.  Great watch. :tu:

No, that's not the current time or date.  The pic was taken on Thanksgiving. :)

Thank you! Why doesn't everyone do the same?!

:salute: :tu:

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

us Offline sLaughterMed

• No Life Club
  • Nothing's typical around here
Reply #31 on: February 24, 2016, 05:42:48 PM
I bought several of those Swiss Military watches and gave them all away.  Great little inexpensive beater watch.

Didn't you have a digital watch too?  Or did that one finally die?  Seems to me you had that for a lot of years.

Def
It still lives, it was my at work watch as it had already taken a beating, so I wasn't worried about it getting scratched, or getting resin or other gunk on it at work. It's on the 3rd or 4th strap and probably similar for the battery. I got it via a coworker when I worked at Celestica in Toronto, she bought it at Costco on sale and it was too small for her husband's wrists (He was a pretty big guy). So... I've had it since... 1996 or so?
(Image removed from quote.)

I also have a number or WTI watches that I got during a newspaper promo thing... I really should go for a timelord badge, I have plenty of watches kicking around. :D
Oooo an old Timex Expedition. I had one for years until it finally kicked the bucket a few weeks ago. :( I loved that beat up watch.
Laughter is the best Medicine
Slaughter is just Laughter with an "S"

We are looking for Multitool Encyclopedia Editors! If you are interested, please give me a PM!

The Multitool Encyclopedia Editing for Dummies Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65751.0.html
Multitool Encyclopedia Suggested Edits Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65746.0.html

fr Offline Whoey

• Administrator
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • I am geek, hear me code
Reply #32 on: February 24, 2016, 07:10:24 PM
Oooo an old Timex Expedition. I had one for years until it finally kicked the bucket a few weeks ago. :( I loved that beat up watch.
I haven't actually used it since I stopped working at Gamesa about 2 years ago, it definitely needs another battery, and probably a thorough cleaning too... and a new strap wouldn't be a bad idea.
The difficult we do immediately, the impossible takes a little longer.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%