Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Dawdling with Demel

Demel · 345 · 18208

us Offline kaput

• No Life Club
Re: Dawdling with Demel
Reply #300 on: July 17, 2017, 05:04:11 AM
yes it does Ponch. It has sold me instantly on a knife, and deterred me instantly on a multi  :whistle:

Demel, I take it you've had your hands on a bm 940 since they are much more accessible? That knife instantly felt great in the hand to me. The whole knife spoke to me, and that blade shape too.

I think knives are like wine. Allot of craftsmanship and experience goes into good design and that can be well worth the money.  But sometime that $5 yellowtail still tastes great! (I am in no way saying the 940 is two buck chuck, in fact it's still on the high end for my lifestyle, just making a reference)  ;)

Glad your doing well!  :) Btw, I had my hands on that dewalt multi you gave to me today it's still in one of my tool bags :cheers:
« Last Edit: April 18, 2019, 01:21:58 PM by Poncho65 »
multi-tools—folding contraptions fixed with all kinds of doo-dads

us Offline Demel

• No Life Club
Reply #301 on: July 20, 2017, 04:22:37 AM
I agree with you on all points. Yes it was the 940. I love how compact it was. The ergos were amazing.

And just like wine, I don't necessarily need to try every knife out there. Because once I find the ones that work, I'm good. I've sized down my collection quite a bit because of finding the right tools for the job.

Glad to hear the DeWalt tool is serving you well. :tu: love it.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2019, 01:22:14 PM by Poncho65 »
"Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful." -John Wooden

us Offline Demel

• No Life Club
Reply #302 on: July 20, 2017, 04:38:17 AM
Speaking of I will have a state of the collection coming up soon. Some very interesting things have changed.
"Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful." -John Wooden

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #303 on: July 21, 2017, 03:03:20 AM
:popcorn:

Proud SAKMC member :)

K-Tibbs

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #304 on: July 21, 2017, 03:57:20 AM

us Offline Demel

• No Life Club
Reply #305 on: July 22, 2017, 03:58:10 PM
What's my favorite carry outside of work? The custom compact made by ours truly TattooSteve. One tool I never thought I'd use personally but I have used very much daily is......the corkscrew!!! And for it's intended purpose. Opening wine bottles. I'd probably never carry a sak without one.

Great tool. It's like the yeoman but it has the nail file on back of the hook. It really sucks my two favorite tools are both custom (so if I lose them that would really really suck) but I really do grab this more than any other knife in my collection.

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #306 on: July 22, 2017, 04:07:38 PM
Nice custom !   :like: :tu:

us Offline Demel

• No Life Club
Reply #307 on: July 22, 2017, 04:09:55 PM
Nice custom !   :like: :tu:
Thanks.

Apparently it's also a great ride for Spiderman 😂😂😂

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #308 on: July 22, 2017, 04:56:47 PM
Spiderman and Yeoman (I know you said Compact but my joke doesn't work as good with Compactman ::) :rofl: ) :o Sounds like a dynamic duo :rofl:

I'll get my coat ::) but on the way out I will say that Compact is awesome :salute: :like:
« Last Edit: July 22, 2017, 04:58:16 PM by Poncho65 »

us Offline Demel

• No Life Club
Reply #309 on: July 22, 2017, 08:50:05 PM
Spiderman and Yeoman (I know you said Compact but my joke doesn't work as good with Compactman ::) :rofl: ) :o Sounds like a dynamic duo :rofl:

I'll get my coat ::) but on the way out I will say that Compact is awesome :salute: :like:
:rofl: agreed. It's a yeoman (custom compact) same thing. Either way Spidey loves it

us Offline Demel

• No Life Club
Reply #310 on: August 10, 2017, 03:47:11 AM
So I recently had a trip to Florida which went really good. We flew there and I carried the Dime Travel version with me through TSA with no problems. Honestly I didn't need it but I wanted to test it out. It was smooth. I put my keys down, let them know it was a tool on the keys with no blade. They checked it, thanked me for giving them a heads up, and we proceeded on our way. The Dime has a lot of faults so I believe I'll try the Style PS next time

In my checked bag I had the Spirit packed with my Thrunite T10T. The trip went smooth and we enjoyed a great time in great weather. Again no problems...until we got back. As we unpacked my wife notices one of our bags was not zipped up all the way I didn't think much of it. As we unpacked everything was accounted for and a small note from the TSA saying our bag was picked to be randomly searched I've heard some horror stories from TSA handling but this wasn't ours.

But two hours later, after we unpacked I couldn't find my T10T. My light was gone we looked everywhere. Nothing. The light must've been in the part of the bag that was unzipped. Frankly I knew the chances of retrieving the light was remote. So after a moment of two of stress I let it go and proceeded to search Amazon for a new one.

That's when I was enlightened to find the titanium version of the T10 was discontinued. :facepalm: so not only did I lose my favorite light but the chance to replace it also was lost.

Then after going through our clothes I hear a thump and look what I found

Instead of being in the bag it must've been in my clothes. :nanadance: all that to say I now have a maxpedition mini organizer to store my items in while traveling and will hold this light much closer to the chest.

I went for the green for a little color. The khaki was too bright for my taste, but I didn't want complete black. Overall I'm pleased with it.

Some things are replaceable, one day I may have to replace this light :shrug: but not this day. Not yet

PS
The Spirit was safely tucked with everything else and made it back safely. And the two watches I brought with me

Went into the Atlantic with the G shock with no worries at all. And the although the metal bracelet on the Citizen isn't ideal in the heat, it was light enough to not be an issue. So much fun. I've enjoyed carrying much of the same gear, building memories and trusting the things I carry.

Sorry for the dark pics, I'm headed to bed and I'm too tired to turn on the lights :)
« Last Edit: August 10, 2017, 03:48:21 AM by Demel »

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #311 on: August 10, 2017, 04:15:27 AM
Glad you had a great trip :tu: Great to hear that the Dime made it through with no problems :cheers: I was all :ahhh When you said you lost your light and a bit :facepalm: Then I was :D :like: When you said you found it :D 8) That organizer is awesome as well :like:

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #312 on: August 10, 2017, 05:46:00 AM
Glad to hear you had a good trip and that you found your flashlight   :cheers:

us Offline Demel

• No Life Club
Reply #313 on: March 13, 2018, 08:16:50 PM
It's been quite a while since I've posted here, but it's been great seeing the forum overall going strong  :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: The offerings this year from most of the companies seem stagnant  :think: :think: :think: :think: :think: :think: :think: :think: :think: :think:

I'm  hoping SOG continues to do well in their QC department. Really interesting stuff from them the last few years

With Gerber it seemed the center drive would be the beginning of a MP____ sort of line. But They really haven't tweaked anything since.

Leatherman........... :facepalm:

Is there a new company in the works that could possibly push the envelope and truly offer something that can compete with the big boys?

I've mostly been refining my knife collection. Because of my job change and new baby, my needs and usage has changed quite a bit. I'll try to get a state of the collection up soon. I've come to appreciate both a large collection and a smaller refined collection. It's still great to be around, even if I can get posting like I once had.

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #314 on: March 13, 2018, 08:31:52 PM
Hey Demel :waving: How's it been going buddy :cheers: Glad to see you and see that you have caught up on the world of MTs :D

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #315 on: March 13, 2018, 11:07:08 PM
Good to see you Demel    :cheers:

us Offline Demel

• No Life Club
Reply #316 on: March 14, 2018, 05:38:41 AM
Thanks guys. I take a peak every so often but I get pulled away by different things I never get back. It's great to see so many new members joining in on the fun

My most carried tool lately has been the Spyderco Centofante. Great knife and usually what I need on most days. Second to SOG reactor. Pics to come I promise

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Reply #317 on: March 14, 2018, 12:50:02 PM
Thanks guys. I take a peak every so often but I get pulled away by different things I never get back. It's great to see so many new members joining in on the fun

My most carried tool lately has been the Spyderco Centofante. Great knife and usually what I need on most days. Second to SOG reactor. Pics to come I promise

:popcorn:
I always enjoyed your thread and ramblings  :tu:
My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #318 on: March 15, 2018, 02:49:48 AM
+1 me too :tu: :like:
« Last Edit: April 18, 2019, 01:23:49 PM by Poncho65 »

us Offline Demel

• No Life Club
Reply #319 on: March 15, 2022, 02:11:02 AM

Well....this didn't age well  :twak: :twak: :twak: :twak: :twak: :twak:  :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

I'll try this again. Life catches up with all of us. I'm happy to see the forum going strong after all the chaos over the last couple of years.  :drink:

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #320 on: March 15, 2022, 02:39:57 AM
Good to see you Demel.   :cheers:

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #321 on: March 15, 2022, 04:45:27 PM
 :waving:
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline Demel

• No Life Club
Reply #322 on: March 15, 2022, 05:30:41 PM

:waving:

good to see you all around  :cheers:

Yesterday I ordered the SOG flash mt so I'll do an update when that arrives. Ironically my collection hasn't changed much in the last few years.

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #323 on: March 16, 2022, 04:48:01 AM

+1   :cheers:

us Offline Demel

• No Life Club
Reply #324 on: March 16, 2022, 01:32:41 PM
I had been wanting a Movado Museum for quite some time. A friend of mine had her Dad's old Movado restored for his Birthday (he would've been 50) which is also my oldest son's birthday. So to celebrate both occasions I finally pulled the trigger on one for an amazing deal. Very happy with it

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

us Offline Demel

• No Life Club
Reply #325 on: March 19, 2022, 03:36:27 PM
I already have the time lord badge but still wanted to do an update on my watch collection. I got a lot of gold this year for Christmas, the Invicta was one of them. I've been into watches for some years now and really happy with my current collection. Lots of variety in uniqueness with a few classics.

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #326 on: March 19, 2022, 03:43:43 PM
 8) Nnice collection.  I always liked the Museum piece as well.   :tu:
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline Demel

• No Life Club
Reply #327 on: March 23, 2022, 01:52:07 AM
8) Nnice collection.  I always liked the Museum piece as well.   :tu:
It's really nice. Glad to have it finally

us Offline Demel

• No Life Club
Reply #328 on: March 27, 2022, 04:48:52 PM
What's my carry today?

Victorinox Pioneer X
Fisher AG7
Orient Herald

Trying to get back to carrying a pen regularly and keeping things light with the pioneer.

us Offline Demel

• No Life Club
Reply #329 on: April 29, 2022, 08:19:00 AM
My current pen collection. Half of them are new. I wanted to try out some higher end pens. From left to right we have the Machine era markup and classic, TiScribe Bolt, Parker Jotter IM and the Fisher pen AG7.

I'm not sure which pen I like the most. I also have a bunch of generic pens like the zebra, g2s, micron pens and a few others. My most carried pan is probably the pilot G2 stylus pen. If I had to choose one out of this bunch, it would probably be the machine era classic. Really great design, I love the simplicity of it

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%