Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Dawdling with Demel

Demel · 345 · 18232

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Re: Dawdling with Demel
Reply #330 on: April 29, 2022, 03:09:37 PM
Very nice.  I've been enjoying journaling with a Pilot Precise.  Nothing fancy but its a good pen.  I am also still enjoying my cheap fountain pens. 
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline Demel

• No Life Club
Reply #331 on: April 29, 2022, 08:06:00 PM
Very nice.  I've been enjoying journaling with a Pilot Precise.  Nothing fancy but its a good pen.  I am also still enjoying my cheap fountain pens.
Nice. The only fountain pen I have is the Zebra one. But I do use the precise refills in the Machine Era and the TiScribe. Love them!

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

"Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful." -John Wooden

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #332 on: April 29, 2022, 10:08:34 PM
I enjoy writing tho I don't have the best penmanship.  I enjoy journaling and take notes a lot when I am learning something new.  Being a lefty I really do need ink that dries fairly quick tho as most lefties I have learned to avoid the ink best I can. 

Next thing is weight.  I prefer a light writing instrument.  I never put the cap on the pen as it makes it unbalanced to me.  I like fine vs med or goodness anything wider.  Blue ink for me unless its my fountain and currently I have purple and green.   
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline Demel

• No Life Club
Reply #333 on: May 05, 2022, 02:37:15 AM
Anyone else into board games? This is about half of my collection. I have more smaller games elsewhere.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2022, 10:54:39 PM by zoidberg »
"Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful." -John Wooden

us Offline Demel

• No Life Club
Reply #334 on: May 20, 2022, 06:23:34 PM
Anyone else into board games? This is about half of my collection. I have more smaller games elsewhere.

I really hate this picture. Are there any mods that can delete it please? Sorry for the inconvenience.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2022, 10:54:55 PM by zoidberg »

us Offline Demel

• No Life Club
Reply #335 on: May 26, 2022, 12:23:44 AM
Look at what just came in!!! I was very excited to recently find this knife. Another thread mentioned a different Lionsteel knife, I looked through their catalog and saw this. I have been wanting a more traditional knife, that was a bit dressy, while still having a few more capabilities. This is just a thing of beauty

us Offline Demel

• No Life Club
Reply #336 on: May 26, 2022, 12:28:29 AM
Here it is next to the Pena X Series Swayback. I must admit., I am digging the new "modern traditional" folders lately

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #337 on: May 26, 2022, 04:01:54 PM
 :drool:

I like that Pena X.  Both are very classy looking thats for sure.  The modern trads have a really neat look to them. 
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline Demel

• No Life Club
Reply #338 on: May 28, 2022, 02:51:39 AM
:drool:

I like that Pena X.  Both are very classy looking thats for sure.  The modern trads have a really neat look to them.
Same. I like the classic look with updated materials. Quickly becoming my go to knife carries

us Offline Demel

• No Life Club
Reply #339 on: May 29, 2022, 04:46:39 PM
These are my most faithful tools. A Leatherman, G Shock and MacBook. I'm a Google user through and through but as far as hardware goes it's hard to beat Apple.

us Offline Demel

• No Life Club
Reply #340 on: June 10, 2022, 12:54:15 AM
Carrying the opinel today but here is a shot of all of my "traditional" knives. I really love the new modern traditional movement. The case is the newest addition today and it fits right in

us Offline Demel

• No Life Club
Reply #341 on: July 23, 2022, 07:46:30 PM
These are my more recent additions. Victorinox Workchamp, Benchmade 940-2, and Kershaw 7007. I initially ordered the black out Kershaw but it was assisted, this one is on ball bearings. The Benchmade and Workchamp I have waited years before pulling the trigger on. I am very happy to have them. The 940 is a classic and fits the style of knives I like perfectly.

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #342 on: July 24, 2022, 01:30:10 AM
Excellent newly acquired blades, Demel 8) :like:

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #343 on: July 24, 2022, 05:00:28 PM
That is some sexy bladed stuff ya got  :drool:.  Congrats. 
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline Demel

• No Life Club
Reply #344 on: July 25, 2022, 12:23:25 AM
Thanks. It's fascinating to watch how certain tool/knife interest don't fade. So for me the 940 and Workchamp are good examples of that. I handled a 940 at REI in 2018 and still had the itch. A fellow member here borrowed me a Workchamp in 2015. Both are examples of getting experience that was impactful. So much so, they are permanent in my collection.

My advice to new collectors is be a bit patient. You never know what will stick. On the opposite end, I had been eyeing the Kershaw Bareknuckle for months. I finally bought it. Was so excited to get it but was immediately disappointed. The aluminum with slick and the action was very rough. So I returned it and was still wanting a knife of that style. Recently I took a risk on a Kershaw 7007 and it has been everything that I was wanting in the bare knuckle and more. Needless to say these three knives are for sure staying in my collection for the long haul

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
May Goal: $300.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: $36.34
PayPal Fees: $1.66
Net Balance: $34.68
Below Goal: $265.32
Site Currency: USD
 12%