Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Amelia Earhart’s plane spotted?

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Amelia Earhart’s plane spotted?
on: January 30, 2024, 04:24:46 AM
Well like the subject says, I was wondering if anyone has heard anything on the news of the possible of spotting Amelia Earhart’s plane?
JR
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Re: Amelia Earhart’s plane spotted?
Reply #1 on: January 30, 2024, 05:07:43 PM
It is entirely possible, but there have been claims like this made before. 

I look forward to seeing additional evidence- otherwise, it could be something that looks like a plane, or one of many airplanes that have crashed into the Pacific.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #2 on: January 30, 2024, 10:15:24 PM
I was just curious, the wife is going nuts, she wouldn’t put her phone down all day, not that she does any other time :whistle: ,, but all day after she saw the first bit of info she just kept waiting and looking for anymore info..
JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #3 on: January 31, 2024, 12:44:16 AM
She's probably going to be waiting a while.

16000 feet is pretty deep.  They will need some serious equipment to get that deep and look for sure.  That kind of equipment doesn't come cheap, and can't be deployed instantly.  I'd say it would be weeks or months at the earliest before they can get it together and on site.  Then figure a bit of searching to locate it again as GPS doesn't work underwater, and 16,000 feet down is a long way to find a very small item like a plane.

There's a good chance they won't find it again.  I mean, just try spotting something three miles away, turn around, count to ten then try spotting that thing again.  If it isn't very distinctive then you may not be able to.  And that's assuming that it doesn't get buried again.

The ocean is a very weird place.  This shipwreck showed up in less than a week:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/newfoundland-labrador/residents-fear-newfoundland-shipwreck-will-be-swept-to-sea-before-its-story-revealed-1.7099573

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #4 on: January 31, 2024, 01:54:45 AM
The ocean is weird, I remember there was some boat that got lost yet like a year later pops up in another countries beach fully intact, yet the one I found funny was some guy flew a plane like some 600mi yet over the Bermuda Triangle, ok, but here’s the odd thing, when he was close to home he looked at the time and what should have taken some 3hrs had only taken 45min, ok he could have had one heck of a tailwind, but his fuel tank was totally topped off and there was no place to stop on the way? Anyway here’s the only thing I really know, some search pilot has been searching for like over 10yrs and spent over $11mil on doing so, and yeah it’s going to take a while to get everything even started to move onto the next step and so on, here’s the only pic I could find of it,,
JR

* IMG_3175.jpg (Filesize: 55.1 KB)

us Offline AzteCypher

Reply #5 on: February 01, 2024, 05:14:37 AM
I was reading about this this other day.  Pretty cool.  I hope they're able to find it again and determine if it's really her plane or not.  There are lots of wrecks out there, ship and plane, so only time will tell.
May the best of your past, be the worst of your future.

Click here for cool free stuff from the Surpise Box GAW!

🏆 🚂 Train Fixer Award
-for most trains repaired using classic

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24