Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

RIP Carl Weathers

fr Offline Whoey

• Administrator
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • I am geek, hear me code
RIP Carl Weathers
on: February 02, 2024, 09:26:03 PM
The difficult we do immediately, the impossible takes a little longer.

se Offline RF52

• Absolutely No Life Club
Re: RIP Carl Weathers
Reply #1 on: February 02, 2024, 10:00:58 PM
R.I.P

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Reply #2 on: February 02, 2024, 10:08:55 PM
Just heard from the Mrs,, R.I.P..
JR
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #3 on: February 03, 2024, 02:33:57 PM
I'm sad to see him go- he had a varied body of work that I greatly appreciated.

The character arc of Apollo Creed in the Rocky films was virtually unheard of at the time.

His role as Dillon helped set the stage for what was at the time just a hokey Sci Fi action film but grew into the whole Predator franchise.  It probably would have happened without him, but he was undeniably a part of it.

More recently he made his mark on Star Wars, another Sci Fi franchise, and although he may not have been there since the beginning, he has carved out his own portion of it as a recurring character on the Mandalorian, every bit as impressive as Apollo Creed.

But, unlike many muscle-bound tough guys of the 80's, he has some serious comedic chops too, as seen when he played a washed up golf pro with a wooden hand in Adam Sandler's infamous Happy Madison, and then as a washed up, broke (and extremely frugal!) version of himself in Arrested Development.

I never knew him as an athlete- I saw him first as Apollo Creed, the blowhard World Champion boxer, beat by some two bit nobody from Phillie in a publicity stunt.  Long before I knew his name was Carl Weathers, I'd point him out in all kinds of shows and movies as Apollo Creed.

So yeah, I'm feeling this one.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Reply #4 on: February 03, 2024, 02:47:00 PM
Let’s not forget his dumb part in the original Predator,,
JR
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%