Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

$100 EDC- Your thoughts?

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Re: $100 EDC- Your thoughts?
Reply #90 on: March 15, 2016, 10:56:31 PM
No worries- we'll be here!  :D

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline strmliner

• No Life Club
Reply #91 on: March 16, 2016, 06:51:40 PM
A lot of interesting approaches to replacement EDC's. 

Let's be real, if I landed in a new city in North America, didn't have anything beyond my wallet, lighter, cellphone and watch, and was going to be there doing business or sightseeing for two weeks, what would I pick up locally?
  • At a minimum, a Vic Classis (too hard to find a Rambler except online) - around $17 - $20 retail w/tax
  • Either a NiteIze Inova or Princeton Tec Pulsar2 or similar button light - around $8.50 to $11 retail w/tax
  • On the off-chance I ran into one before finding the Vic SAK, a LM Squirt PS4 ($30 to $35 retail w/tax) or Gerber Dime ($21-$24 retail w/tax)
On the other hand, let's say I was on a road trip, my vehicle was broken into and everything inside cleaned out.  What am I going to pick up locally?  Let's see, Home Depot, Lowes, Wallyworld, Sears, Hardware stores, Sporting Goods...
  • First, flashlights; A Coast (or similar) 3AAA and a button light ($18 to $22 retail for both w/tax)
  • Second, a 4-in-1 screwdriver, a pair of pliers, and a cresent wrench ($18-$25 retail w/tax)
  • Third, a Vic SAK; here I'd try to hold out for a Climber but would settle for Recruit/Spartan/Tinker ($22-$36 retail w/tax)
  • Lastly, with somewhere around $18-$42 left, I'd get some duct tape, 25ft of 550 paracord and a length of good 3/8" line.  Anything left over would be for coffee while the broken window is getting repaired.
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they go."    -Will Rogers

spam Offline zepla

• No Life Club
  • Where is all that water coming from?!
Reply #92 on: March 16, 2016, 10:12:36 PM
Now I realise I spent way to much on my stuff  :facepalm:

us Offline yud

• No Life Club
  • Still has a SOGgy feeling
Reply #93 on: March 17, 2016, 05:03:34 PM
It occurs to me that when faced with this question in real life, (being in need of the my edc gear and not having it) my answer was this:

Cheapish, and a good souvenir that did not throw money into something that I already have.

It did slightly annoy a professor on the trip though. :whistle:

Just another weirdo with a beard :B:

Knight of the SOSAK and Defender of the sacred nail file

it Offline Tommy07

Reply #94 on: March 17, 2016, 05:41:53 PM
ALOX PIONEER ELECTRICIAN (30$)
ALOX CADET (22$)
ZIPPO (13$)
PARACORD (3$)
DUCT TAPE (7$)
MARATAC AAA (20$)