Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Paracord Lanyards for Fundraising

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Paracord Lanyards for Fundraising
on: September 02, 2008, 11:25:09 PM
***Before you dismiss this as another paracord thread...read the rest of the post. We're raising money for our Scout troop to fund the rent for a bigger meeting place (amongst various needed items), and thought paracord projects are the best way to do it (gingerbread houses just weren't going to cut it this year). Primarily, all our handiwork will be done by the cute little 10 year olds in our troop (the basic braiding/lanyards) and the older people (like me) will be in charge of bracelets (our quality control will also be put in the hands of the older members, so we're not churning out garbage ). We are able to do custom lengths and other details, but most of our efforts will be concentrated on predetermined lengths and sizes. PM me for more details on custom sizes.***

THIS THREAD IS FOR BRACELETS ONLY, WE ARE IN THE PROCESS OF MAKING FOBS AND LANYARDS

Our website (please visit it!): http://7millikenmills.ca/

The cute 10 year olds (troublemakers...LOL)

Our materials:

Primarily, our materials relevant to bracelets will include genuine, Mil-Spec 550lb 'Type III' paracord/tactical cord, purchased from Supply Captain. They have a variety of colour, and if there is a demand for a colour that we don't have on hand, then we will order it.

Buckles will consist of several types:

1)
ITW Nexus Whistleloc Side Release Buckle (with an Airloc body)
-Ideal for people with bigger wrists, as it doesn't 'form' to your wrist contour, requiring at least 1 3/4" of flat space
-Includes a high-pitched whistle, ideal for 'survival' purposes
-The whistle assembly comes in either Blaze Orange or Grey

Grey on top, Orange on bottom

2) ITW Nexus Contoured Series Side Release Buckle
-Ideal for 90% of all people, contours to the natural shape of your wrist
-Smaller form-factor
-Comes in all black

Comparison:

Our current colour stable:

Clockwise from 12 o'clock: Olive Drab, Neon Green (this is a shade lighter than toxic green), Blaze Orange, Black, Desert Camouflage, Hot Pink, Red, White, Purple, Navy Blue (There aren't enough colours LOL)

To kick things off, our first offering, just finished tonight...a *big* paracord bracelet done in a two-tone style (with a lime green tracer running underneath a black overlaying sheath). It'll fit people with 9" to 9.5" wrists (although the upper limit is pushing it abit). The buckle used is an ITW Nexus Whistle buckle, commonly seen on sternum straps of backpacks...great gadget. The bracelet not done 'survival style'...the different colours were achieved by using two, 9' lengths of paracord, instead of a full 18'. PM me with offers, although we are for a minimum price of $15 USD. Shipping costs are normally within the $6-8 range.

Excuse the Mickey Mouse ruler...only one I had on hand...

Max. diameter is about 9 3/4"

Thread will be updated with new offerings as soon as they're done.

Brendan
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

england Offline DaveK

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Sing, Michael, sing. On the route of the 19 Bus!
Re: Paracord Lanyards for Fundraising
Reply #1 on: September 03, 2008, 12:10:54 AM
Hey def - if a few of us in the UK bought a bracelet - could you gather them into 1 envelope to save postage?

I'd be in for one, I'm sure some of the other Brits would chip in too - right Micky D :D

And Ben, and NKB and Flash, and Dunc, and Jock.....

I'd be happy to receive and distribute within UK if any other Brits would want to support them.

I used to come here a lot.

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #2 on: September 03, 2008, 12:25:44 AM
I probably could, but I don't know of that would be any cheaper.  I'm happy to do it, but check with Brendon first to see what he can do for you.  It'll cost the same for him to mail you something as it would me, and since anything I send you has to go back to Toronto (Markham is a suburb of Toronto) anyway to go out with International mail, it might be a bit of a long trip for them!

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

ca Offline jzmtl

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #3 on: September 03, 2008, 01:18:00 AM
Wait how does this work, you are in NS, but selling stuff for people in ON?  ???

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #4 on: September 03, 2008, 01:20:52 AM
I'm not selling it- I just re-posted it after killing his previous thread.

Def

ca Offline jzmtl

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #5 on: September 03, 2008, 01:30:16 AM
Oh okay, since you posted the thread so I thought you were the one selling. Didn't see the original thread.

Offline cyberspyder

• ~007 Goodness~
Reply #6 on: September 03, 2008, 01:48:25 AM
Hey def - if a few of us in the UK bought a bracelet - could you gather them into 1 envelope to save postage?

I'd be in for one, I'm sure some of the other Brits would chip in too - right Micky D :D

And Ben, and NKB and Flash, and Dunc, and Jock.....

I'd be happy to receive and distribute within UK if any other Brits would want to support them.

It'll be around $8 CAD...that's 4.2 pounds for the most (cheapest) basic shipping. And yes, I can do that, no worries.

Cheers, Brendan
I

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24