Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

DCI Keychain Tools screwdrivers

us Offline parnass

• No Life Club
  • 4x4 since '74
DCI Keychain Tools screwdrivers
on: March 15, 2016, 10:05:07 PM
I bought these DCI Keychain Tools screwdrivers 5 years ago through Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/DCI-26829-Travel-Tools-Keychain/dp/B0051V4XV0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&sr=8-1&keywords=B0051V4XV0

It wasn't obvious from the web page photos that the screwdriver handles are smaller than those on ordinary keys. The "handles" on the flat and Phillips drivers are different sizes, but both are way too small to provide enough torque to drive all but the loosest of screws. You can apply more torque by using your key ring as a lever, but that arrangement is unwieldy and you risk bending your split ring.

The metalwork finishing is crude.

On the plus side, the 1/4 inch hex shafts can be filed down a little to fit through the hex hole in a key chain pry tool to gain extra torque if you have such a tool.

I didn't find this product useful due to the limited power so it stays at home in a drawer instead of on my keychain.

Retired engineer, author.

A man with one multitool always knows exactly which to use. A man with many multitools is never quite sure. - parnass

us Offline yourbadneighbor

Re: DCI Keychain Tools screwdrivers
Reply #1 on: March 15, 2016, 11:06:35 PM
I think I would have made the two key chain openings to a 1/4" opening so at least they could be used for leverage for the other.  And yes it would definitely benefit from standard bit size shafts.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD