Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Another win for the corkscrew

us Offline theonew

• No Life Club
Another win for the corkscrew
on: March 20, 2016, 08:13:59 PM
At a tradeshow last week I had to put together some triangular peg board display stands that were 5 feet tall. I don't want to get into all the details about how poorly designed these were, they looked OK when assembled, but whoever did the engineering must have been drunk. After struggling to get the upright portions assembled, I then had to attach them to the base using plastic anchors like these:

The problem arose when pushing them in. The plastic peg board just bent out of the way after only a click or two of penetration and there was no way to put pressure from behind to get a secure fit.

My first thought was to see if I could get the hook into one of the peg board holes to pull it against the base but the hook was too big to fit the holes. So then I tried the corkscrew. I was able to work it through a hole and holding it at a slight angle I was able to pull back the peg board and sink the anchors all the way. It would have been a pretty rickety display stand had I not had the corkscrew :D

us Offline smiller43147

• No Life Club
Re: Another win for the corkscrew
Reply #1 on: March 20, 2016, 09:54:05 PM
Proves once again that there are many "unauthorized" uses for the tools on a SAK.
- Steve

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #2 on: March 20, 2016, 10:07:40 PM
Good thinking buddy.   :salute:   :cheers:

us Offline Donald

Reply #3 on: March 21, 2016, 04:32:59 AM
Good one!

Donations