Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Aaaaargh! Damn Cadets!

kirk13 · 13 · 1793

00 Offline kirk13

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Aaaaargh! Damn Cadets!
on: March 27, 2016, 09:51:35 PM
A number of years ago I decided I'd buy myself a colour Alox Cadet for my birthday. The first one I bought was orange;the second red. The third...well,at that point I wouldn't spend what was being asked.

But I never much carried the Cadets I had. After last years 29 Days of Alox,I realised that I'm not a fan of the Alox Cadet...it's too thin for my liking. I decided to move my Cadets on...

When I'd made this decision,I'd went looking fir the Orange one. I couldn't find it. In the end I came to the conclusion I'd already traded it off.

Fast forward to last weekend. I found the damn thing. In one of my storage boxes. One that I'd checked in a number of times :facepalm:

Stranger still,it felt good in the hand. Damn stupid thing :twak:

Found I liked it that much,I carried it at work,and wound a lanyard onto it :rant:

« Last Edit: March 27, 2016, 09:54:48 PM by kirk13 »
There is no beginning,or ending,and for this we are thankful,cos now is hard enough to understand!

bavaria Offline Humppa

Re: Aaaaargh! Damn Cadets!
Reply #1 on: March 27, 2016, 10:01:38 PM
Well... I feel pretty much the same. I have some love-hate-relationship to the Cadet. Most of the time it is just too thin for my carry and it doesn´t have a small blade. I hardly ever use the nailfile - for this I have a Classic, Rambler whatsoever.

I also have several of them but I seem just to collect them. I used to carry one in th epast, but I just seem to like somehow. Just not my beer anyways.

I much prefer the 93mms when it comes to Alox.
You can call me Papa Andi

R.I.P. Lemmy Kilmister 24th Dec 1945 - 28th Dec 2015

us Offline Sheradin

• Penn's Woods
Reply #2 on: March 27, 2016, 10:02:28 PM
Cadets are fine knives. Been carrying my red one so much recently, I just purchased a green one off the 'Bay. I'd love a green with the red shield, but they're pricey. 84mm goodness...   :D.   :cheers:

us Offline Roc

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: March 27, 2016, 11:37:49 PM
I use to carry a cadet regularly until I lost a copper one a decade ago. Slid out of my pocket while sitting on a bar stool. I still carry one every now and then though. The fact that they are so thin and light can be a good and a bad thing.

us Offline jerseydevil

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Join us! Embrace the Flicky Faith!
Reply #4 on: March 27, 2016, 11:51:19 PM
I've come to appreciate the Cadet more and more lately.  I like the low profile of it in the pocket, with enough tools to be useful. :tu:
There's no such thing as "Too pretty to carry".  There's only "Too pretty NOT to carry"...... >:D

us Offline BerkshireHunter

Reply #5 on: March 28, 2016, 04:40:10 AM
Ive come to appreciate its thin profile in pocket. But the tools are generally more effective on the larger models.

us Offline NetsNJ

Reply #6 on: March 28, 2016, 04:49:13 AM
The thinness is a dream in the pocket, but I find it is hard to get a good grip on the thing when using the tools.  I'll take a Spartan any day. 

gb Offline Fast Bill

• No Life Club
  • Carpe titanium
Reply #7 on: March 28, 2016, 09:29:37 AM
I've come to appreciate the Cadet more and more lately.  I like the low profile of it in the pocket, with enough tools to be useful. :tu:

I agree. Just enough tools IMHO to be useful for a day at the office coupled with a Classic. They sit fine in my jacket pocket. Sadly I've never yet been asked to open a bottle of wine at my desk  :angel:
Per Titanium Ad Tearoom.
Apex predator of fruit cake

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #8 on: March 28, 2016, 04:15:33 PM

I agree. Just enough tools IMHO to be useful for a day at the office coupled with a Classic. They sit fine in my jacket pocket. Sadly I've never yet been asked to open a bottle of wine at my desk  :angel:

I like mine well enough for home carry or just a quick out and back errand.  I also always pair mine with a Classic or Executive. 
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline powernoodle

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #9 on: March 28, 2016, 04:19:18 PM
The Cadet is one of my favorites, though I always pair it with a 58mm - usually the Manager - for the scissors, mini phillips, pen, tweezer, etc.  The Cadet + 58mm is a very effective combo that is unobtrusive in the pocket.

us Offline strmliner

• No Life Club
Reply #10 on: March 28, 2016, 05:43:18 PM
I've been carrying a red Cadet quite a bit over the last couple of years...I really like the thin profile.  My only problem is that when people see it, they like it too!   :gimme:

So, in the last year, my brother, step-brother, and my son-in-law now all carry one of my red Cadets.   :twak:

And if you haven't noticed, the street price of Cadets has gone up $5-$9 in the last five months...
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they go."    -Will Rogers

gb Offline Fast Bill

• No Life Club
  • Carpe titanium
Reply #11 on: March 28, 2016, 07:45:28 PM
I've been carrying a red Cadet quite a bit over the last couple of years...I really like the thin profile.  My only problem is that when people see it, they like it too!   :gimme:

So, in the last year, my brother, step-brother, and my son-in-law now all carry one of my red Cadets.   :twak:

And if you haven't noticed, the street price of Cadets has gone up $5-$9 in the last five months...

Clearly I'm not related to the right people  ;)
Per Titanium Ad Tearoom.
Apex predator of fruit cake

Offline Dalton Siedschlag

Reply #12 on: March 28, 2016, 10:42:41 PM
I had a silver and black before deciding that I just didn't like it, to limited to be my MT and to small to be my main blade. I gave them to a friend and he likes them.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD