Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Best deal you ever got?

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Best deal you ever got?
on: April 06, 2016, 02:02:41 AM
What was the best deal you ever got when buying a LM? :D

I got an OG Wave used but in pretty good shape for $10 at a pawn shop while on vacation in 2009 or 10 :o I thought it was gonna be $15 but the guy said all tools are $5 more off so when he said 10 I almost was like this :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh  :D

I almost ran out of the store with it for the $15 but was even happier with the lower price :tu:

Offline jday2727

Re: Best deal you ever got?
Reply #1 on: April 06, 2016, 02:04:37 AM
I got a PST for $8 once. Wish I would've bought both

us Offline leathermon

• Better to have a tool, than be a tool.
Reply #2 on: April 06, 2016, 02:07:17 AM
Old Leatherman pst with "pocket survival tool" stamped on handle,  in great condition for less then 40.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

us Offline chrono

• No Life Club
  • Find me if you can...
Reply #3 on: April 06, 2016, 02:17:03 AM
I had a few but the best one probably is $10 for a Radioshack Squirt EL still in blister pack  :tu: That little thing in that condition seems to be even rarer than Camo Charge.

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #4 on: April 06, 2016, 02:41:29 AM
Not my deal but one my Grandma got :D She actually bought my first PST which was bought for my Grandpa originally back in the 90's for $5 at a yard sale :o I had forgot about that until reading leathermon's post :ahhh

au Offline pietervn

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: April 06, 2016, 10:44:31 AM
Two good deals for me both in the last 12 months:

Mini-Tool, nearly new, but no sheath for $10
Sideclip, new for $20.

Sometimes the sellers are not aware of tool rarities and we get a good deal. I always keep an eye out on our local gumtree site.

Cheers,

Pete

ro Offline Corwyn

• No Life Club
Reply #6 on: April 06, 2016, 10:47:48 AM
The best LM deal by far was 5 USD for an OG SuperTool.

I guess 40 USD shipped for a NIB SkeleTool CX was a rather good deal too...
Corwyn of Multitool, the First of His name, King of Victorinox, King of Leatherman, Gerber and the First Generation SOG, Lord of the Seven Wrenches, Protector of the Forum, Khal of the Bushes, called Corwyn Toolborn, the Unsharpened, Father of SAKs.

ru Offline wowaboro

Reply #7 on: April 06, 2016, 12:21:03 PM
1983' Leatherman PST (Cabela's stamp on handle). Got it for $29.99  :)

1983-1984' Leatherman PST (US PAT 4238862 only on handles). Got it for $19.99  :)

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #8 on: April 06, 2016, 03:12:45 PM
It is good to see that good deals are still being had out there :tu:

us Offline captain spaulding

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
Reply #9 on: April 06, 2016, 03:31:19 PM
1983' Leatherman PST (Cabela's stamp on handle). Got it for $29.99  :)

(Image removed from quote.)

1983-1984' Leatherman PST (US PAT 4238862 only on handles). Got it for $19.99  :)

(Image removed from quote.)

Amazing!
I'm the milk man!

us Offline captain spaulding

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
Reply #10 on: April 06, 2016, 03:32:44 PM
I got a Wave for like $16 - $17 if I remember correctly.
I'm the milk man!

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #11 on: April 06, 2016, 05:08:32 PM
I was on my phone earlier looking at the thread and didn't notice that you had a Cabela's marked PST wowaboro (I was just looking at it thinking that you got 2 nice old PSTs for a good price) :o but for that price on one from Cabela's that old I am floored :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :tu:

us Offline sLaughterMed

• No Life Club
  • Nothing's typical around here
Reply #12 on: April 06, 2016, 05:11:20 PM
I havent had too many screaming deals on Leatherman tools. I got a trashed OG Wave for $15, and a brand new Skeletool and Rebar for $20 each, but nothing super like yall got.....

Ive had better luck with SOGs, I paid about $50 total over 8 months for a PocketPowerPlier, a BO OG Powerlock, a Paratool, and (the gem) a brand new Paladin PT-525
Laughter is the best Medicine
Slaughter is just Laughter with an "S"

We are looking for Multitool Encyclopedia Editors! If you are interested, please give me a PM!

The Multitool Encyclopedia Editing for Dummies Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65751.0.html
Multitool Encyclopedia Suggested Edits Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65746.0.html

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #13 on: April 06, 2016, 06:32:01 PM
Like new Blast for $17, Great shape old cross Vic Farmer for $26.00. I have had a few more along those lines.

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #14 on: April 06, 2016, 06:42:24 PM
I've got really lucky at my local flea market.  I started a thread documenting what I found but stopped contributing for whatever reason.  I found lots of great tools and lights.  My watches ( G Shocks ) all came from the flea market and rarely cost over $15. 

I got Side Clips, Swisstools, JPSTs, Mr Pinchies, Waves, Blasts, Fenix Light, Gerber Infinity, Stoves, CamelBak, and so on for great prices.   

I still very much frequent the flea market and still get very lucky. 

I got a couple Snow boards for $70 and resold for a nice profit.  I got a Charge ALX for $15, I got a Victorinox Autotool for $15, I got a Al Mar Ultra light Falcon for less then $20, OG Wave for $5 with sheath.  I got a Anza Tracker fixed blade for $20 IIRC with sheath. 
Esse Quam Videri

be Offline Top-Gear-24

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #15 on: April 06, 2016, 08:13:27 PM
Best deal ever was at the local army surplus store, where they were selling all their Victorinox plier tools (one Swisstool, two Spirits and one Spirit Plus).  At first I bought the Swisstool (brand new in box, with red paint on the side, but no sheath) and one of the Spirits (brand new in box with leather sheath with metal clip) for 40 Euro each.  Later that week I went back to get myself the second Spirit (brand new in box, no sheath), and when I was about to pay for it the guy at the counter gave me the Spirit Plus (brand new in box, with brown leather plus sheath and the complete plus set, ratchet and bits) for free, since I was the only one buying these tools and they had been there for a loooooong time.

Fun fact: A couple of weeks later I went back to the shop and I noticed they had a large cardboard box under the counter containing all sorts of sheaths, I asked if I could search the box for something interesting and guess what I found, a brand new brown leather Victorinox sheath (again with the metal clip) for the Spirit, I got it for 5 Euro.  And a year later I found a black Leather Victorinox sheath for the Swisstool in a display cabinet at a small outdoor shop (the same store where I found my brand new in box PST, with old style leather sheath, but that one was not so cheap ... but since they are so rare here in that condition, I did have to buy it  ::)).

The Leatherman Charges AL that I bought last month were also a great deal, I got 4 of them (all brand new in box, with old style leather Charge sheath) for 75 Euro each.  Maybe 75 Euro is not very spectacular in the U.S., but over here, where they retail around 225 to 229 Euro, that's a steal  ;).

us Offline sLaughterMed

• No Life Club
Reply #16 on: April 06, 2016, 08:21:45 PM
€75 for a BNIB Charge is still a good price in the US. Not "OMG I have to buy that right now" good, but still a good deal.

We are looking for Multitool Encyclopedia Editors! If you are interested, please give me a PM!

The Multitool Encyclopedia Editing for Dummies Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65751.0.html
Multitool Encyclopedia Suggested Edits Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65746.0.html

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #17 on: April 06, 2016, 08:31:59 PM
I was wondering :think: does anyone else get nervous and there heart start beating really fast like you have done something wrong when you find a deal like that ??? :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh makes me feel like that smiley that runs around out of control :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :D

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #18 on: April 06, 2016, 08:34:00 PM
Now picture me as Chris Farley in the Chippendale bit from SNL running around like this :ahhh now you can never unsee that :rofl:

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #19 on: April 06, 2016, 08:38:19 PM
Initially I did get nervous excited but I have more of a poker face these days.  Of course when I walk away a smile does break out and when I get to the car I have been know to HAPPY DANCE  :woohoo:
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline NKlamerus

• No Life Club
  • Captain's Apprentice
Reply #20 on: April 06, 2016, 08:41:48 PM
Leatherman Crunch for 24.99 and a Charge AL for 29.99

us Offline sLaughterMed

• No Life Club
Reply #21 on: April 06, 2016, 08:45:15 PM
Leatherman Crunch for 24.99 and a Charge AL for 29.99
:drool:

us Offline NKlamerus

• No Life Club
  • Captain's Apprentice
Reply #22 on: April 06, 2016, 08:46:14 PM
Yeah I still check every now and then. Their charges are still about 30 bucks but their Crunch prices went up to 55 or 60 depending on the sheath.

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #23 on: April 06, 2016, 09:25:26 PM
Yeah I still check every now and then. Their charges are still about 30 bucks but their Crunch prices went up to 55 or 60 depending on the sheath.

Where in the world are Charges $30 :to: :sa: :gimme:

us Offline rishardh

• No Life Club
Reply #24 on: April 07, 2016, 05:50:42 AM

Where in the world are Charges $30 :to: :sa: :gimme:

I want one too  :whistle:

us Offline rishardh

• No Life Club
Reply #25 on: April 07, 2016, 05:59:31 AM

The best deal I got was a Juice Pro on eBay for $15. It was listed for $50 BIN and no one wanted it because it looked dirty. Once the listing ended I emailed the seller and offered $15 and she accepted my offer. I spent a lot of time cleaning it but it was worth it in the end.

It is the gray Juice in the Pic.

fi Offline Crow

• No Life Club
  • Look at all those shiny sharp things.
Reply #26 on: April 07, 2016, 06:25:54 AM
I found PST on a used car at my workplace few years ago. Best deal ever...

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #27 on: April 07, 2016, 01:42:18 PM

The best deal I got was a Juice Pro on eBay for $15. It was listed for $50 BIN and no one wanted it because it looked dirty. Once the listing ended I emailed the seller and offered $15 and she accepted my offer. I spent a lot of time cleaning it but it was worth it in the end.

It is the gray Juice in the Pic.

A little elbow grease sure does go a long way sometimes :tu: Makes a good good deal even better when the end result looks like that 2 :D

Offline Omar Rapace

Reply #28 on: April 07, 2016, 02:47:45 PM
A couple year ago, Home Depot had the Sidekick + Croc bundle discounted from $29 to $19 to finally... $9! That was right before Christmas so I bought 4 of them to use as stocking fillers.

Last year, while I was at West Marine to pick up a SOG BlackTip multi-tool, I found a LM Supertool 300 bundled with a Micra for $25. Sweet!
« Last Edit: April 07, 2016, 02:49:36 PM by Omar Rapace »

gb Offline Skyman

Reply #29 on: April 08, 2016, 10:39:30 AM
I bought a working campflame a 03 stamped alox electrician and a Swiss spirit S for less than £100 in a local fishing shop that's near me. All brand new in boxes.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%