Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Where to buy Vics on Switzerland?

edursr · 15 · 1631

br Offline edursr

Where to buy Vics on Switzerland?
on: April 07, 2016, 07:47:12 PM
I'm going to spend a few days on Switzerland, and I would like to buy some knifes...  :2tu:

I will go to Zurich, Bern, Lausanne, Basel, Geneve and Lugano

There is Heidi Shop in Lausanne... and also the flagships stores from Victorinox  :climber:

Does anybody know where there is others good shops in those cities?  :think:

Thanks a lot!!!  :cheers:

:gimme:

au Offline ljnoble

• The Land DownUnder
Re: Where to buy Vics on Switzerland?
Reply #1 on: April 07, 2016, 09:13:47 PM
When I was there there were a few stores that only sold victorinox there was one at least in Zurich one in Zermatt there the main ones I remember but I do recall seeing a lot of them . that being said it's been quite a few years since I was there

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk

From The Land DownUnder

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #2 on: April 07, 2016, 09:21:27 PM
Never been anywhere near Switzerland :-[ Happy hunting and I hope you find many good deals when you go :cheers:

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #3 on: April 07, 2016, 09:45:04 PM
Well, Zurich and Geneva have the Brand-stores...

Basel
Stay away from Beierer. There is a knife store at "Spalenberg" and a gun store close to the theater, but both are not worth your time.
Basel has a fairly good outdoor stores (but it's Switzerland, so bloody expensive). Both Transa and Bächli (Bächli has a separate outlet store) are really close to the train station.
When you are in Basel you have to drink Ueli-Bier :cheers: and cross the Rhine on a ferry

Berne
Berne has Klötzli which is pretty awesome. Poyet (gun store) which is tiny but if you are close by, might be worth a visit.
It's a beautiful city you should definitively go and see the Chindlifrässerbrunne (Childeater-fountain :D), Zytglogge (old clock tower) and of course the Bundeshaus (seat of government, its interesting for foreigners because there is no security).

Zurich
Has the Brandstore. There is Meng (very close to the Vic store), you might find a Wenger there. Schaufelberger Waffen might be worth a visit if you want to buy a Swissgrip or a SwissBeat :D
Also if you are in Zurich you should go to the jeweler Beyer (close to the Vic Brand store). Dress nicely and from Mo to Fr you can get into their watch museum.
Also worth seeing is the Medical museum (located between the ETH and University main buildings, those buildings are nice too), I mean who doesn't love a Osteotome.

Of course best deals can be made on fleamarkets and thrift-stores
I can give you more detailed info if anything strikes your fancy.
It wouldn't be the internet without people complaining.

us Offline ColoSwiss

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #4 on: April 07, 2016, 09:47:40 PM
Just about every tourist shop in Switzerland sells Victorinox. In Zurich Lorenzi Messer is a long-established knife shop. They're across the river from the Swiss National Museum (also worth seeing).

Also if you're in Zurich on Saturday, there's a big flea market down by the lake. Picked up a number of SAKs there.

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #5 on: April 07, 2016, 09:52:28 PM
Just about every tourist shop in Switzerland sells Victorinox. In Zurich Lorenzi Messer is a long-established knife shop. They're across the river from the Swiss National Museum (also worth seeing).

Also if you're in Zurich on Saturday, there's a big flea market down by the lake. Picked up a number of SAKs there.
That flea-market will start again on the 7th of may, right now they have winter break :salute:

us Offline ColoSwiss

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #6 on: April 07, 2016, 10:30:14 PM
Forgot to add:  Have a great trip! Lots of outstanding scenery.   :cheers:

br Offline edursr

Reply #7 on: April 08, 2016, 04:50:07 AM
Thanks a lot for the help!!! 😄👍

br Offline edursr

Reply #8 on: April 08, 2016, 04:53:43 AM
Well, Zurich and Geneva have the Brand-stores...

Basel
Stay away from Beierer. There is a knife store at "Spalenberg" and a gun store close to the theater, but both are not worth your time.
Basel has a fairly good outdoor stores (but it's Switzerland, so bloody expensive). Both Transa and Bächli (Bächli has a separate outlet store) are really close to the train station.
When you are in Basel you have to drink Ueli-Bier :cheers: and cross the Rhine on a ferry

Berne
Berne has Klötzli which is pretty awesome. Poyet (gun store) which is tiny but if you are close by, might be worth a visit.
It's a beautiful city you should definitively go and see the Chindlifrässerbrunne (Childeater-fountain :D), Zytglogge (old clock tower) and of course the Bundeshaus (seat of government, its interesting for foreigners because there is no security).

Zurich
Has the Brandstore. There is Meng (very close to the Vic store), you might find a Wenger there. Schaufelberger Waffen might be worth a visit if you want to buy a Swissgrip or a SwissBeat :D
Also if you are in Zurich you should go to the jeweler Beyer (close to the Vic Brand store). Dress nicely and from Mo to Fr you can get into their watch museum.
Also worth seeing is the Medical museum (located between the ETH and University main buildings, those buildings are nice too), I mean who doesn't love a Osteotome.

Of course best deals can be made on fleamarkets and thrift-stores
I can give you more detailed info if anything strikes your fancy.

Great Tips!!! Thanks a lot!!!😉👍

sg Offline red_rider_1979

Reply #9 on: April 08, 2016, 07:54:58 AM
I believe you can find them everywhere in Switzerland.... in convenience stores, petrol kiosks, bookshops, supermarts, fresh produce stores...

this info is brought to you by someone who has never been to Switzerland

nl Offline Reinier

• Zombie Apprentice
  • \o/
Reply #10 on: April 08, 2016, 02:19:42 PM
I stopped taking pics of Vics in Zürich because they litterally sold them everywhere. Wenger & Swiza as well by the way. Have fun there!
You should seriously visit vicfan.com. All the hoopy froods are doing it.

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #11 on: April 08, 2016, 03:27:47 PM
I stopped taking pics of Vics in Zürich because they litterally sold them everywhere. Wenger & Swiza as well by the way. Have fun there!
True that, but mostly basic models if you want variety then you need to go to a tobacco, gun, knife or tourist store.

Migros has the M-budget SAK (unique scales)

nl Offline Reinier

• Zombie Apprentice
  • \o/
Reply #12 on: April 08, 2016, 04:33:35 PM
I only saw regular SAKs at Migros, I actually looked for the Migros branded ones ;)
You should seriously visit vicfan.com. All the hoopy froods are doing it.

de Offline bobfences

Reply #13 on: April 09, 2016, 05:11:40 PM
Migros has the M-budget SAK (unique scales)
(Image removed from quote.)

Are they still availible??

Ich war im Herbst 2015 das letzte mal in Interlaken, da gabs die bei der Migros nicht mehr.
Thomas

au Offline Grass

• First, we take Manhattan
Reply #14 on: April 10, 2016, 10:18:38 AM
Severely off-topic:

Nice icon, edursr.
rem-monster.jpg
* rem-monster.jpg (Filesize: 144.95 KB)

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!