Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Wruw :)

us Offline ezdog

• No Life Club
Re: Wruw :)
Reply #180 on: March 23, 2018, 10:29:04 PM
Combat B26 Chrono

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: March 23, 2018, 10:31:41 PM by ezdog »

wales Offline Smashie

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Smurf it!
Reply #181 on: March 27, 2018, 05:16:34 PM
“Strong minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, weak minds discuss people.” - Socrates
"I'm not feeling very talky today, off you smurf". - Smashie
Complaining is mental preparation for failure.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

england Offline Kev D

Reply #182 on: March 27, 2018, 06:53:57 PM
None today. My repair to the nato adapter on my G shock broke last night and seeing as I only have 1 watch I had to go watchless.    Thankfully the replacement ones I ordered a couple of weeks ago had arrived when I got home from work

wales Offline Smashie

• Smurf it!
Reply #183 on: March 27, 2018, 07:05:00 PM
None today. My repair to the nato adapter on my G shock broke last night and seeing as I only have 1 watch I had to go watchless.    Thankfully the replacement ones I ordered a couple of weeks ago had arrived when I got home from work

You sir are in need of more watches, one watch! never heard of such a thing  :pok: :rofl:
“Strong minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, weak minds discuss people.” - Socrates

england Offline Kev D

Reply #184 on: March 27, 2018, 07:36:07 PM

You sir are in need of more watches, one watch! never heard of such a thing  :pok: :rofl:

I was thinking the same. Might have to treat myself to a backup watch soon

wales Offline Smashie

• Smurf it!
Reply #185 on: March 27, 2018, 07:41:43 PM

Seiko SKX007 would be a good start  :salute:

england Offline Kev D

Reply #186 on: March 27, 2018, 07:53:15 PM

Seiko SKX007 would be a good start  :salute:

Thank you,  I'll have a look at them  :tu:

wales Offline Smashie

• Smurf it!
Reply #187 on: March 30, 2018, 08:19:22 PM
The same Seiko I've had on for the last few days

us Offline ezdog

• No Life Club
Reply #188 on: March 30, 2018, 09:17:31 PM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pt Offline Ricardomfs

Reply #189 on: April 10, 2018, 02:25:33 AM
Classic one :)
By the I do like my hair :)

Enviado do meu ONEPLUS A3010 através do Tapatalk

pt Offline Ricardomfs

Reply #190 on: April 10, 2018, 09:54:15 PM
My fav one, of all of them!

pt Offline Ricardomfs

Reply #191 on: April 12, 2018, 09:52:45 PM
Wrist check

pt Offline Ricardomfs

Reply #192 on: April 15, 2018, 05:33:42 PM

us Offline jalind

• No Life Club
Reply #193 on: April 20, 2018, 02:15:32 AM
Balmer Stratos (6 jewel Ronda Mastertech 7004.B quartz)

John

us Offline jalind

• No Life Club
Reply #194 on: April 23, 2018, 03:17:54 PM
Was wearing this one for a few days . . . just got it and wanted to ensure everything was working well . . . the Victorinox AirBoss Mach 9 . . .

This morning I switched to this Orient Star GMT . . .

John

us Offline jalind

• No Life Club
Reply #195 on: April 24, 2018, 11:44:14 AM
Seiko Spirit "Vanac" SARB003 with 6R15A movement
Seiko's homage to its own "Vanac" line of watches sporting thick faceted crystals. Updated with stainless steel, solid link bracelets and sapphire crystals with an AR coating on the inside. These were a mid-tier premium line offered only in Japan, at least initially, and were never exported to North America. They could be had outside of Japan if one knew where to look for sellers on the Internet. Among one of the first to use the 23 jewel 6R15A automatic movement with hand-wind and hacking when released in 2006. This one was made in April 2006.

John

us Offline jalind

• No Life Club
Reply #196 on: April 25, 2018, 02:26:33 PM
Today is the JeanRichard chronograph. It's not a typical ETA (Valjoux) 7750, and that's one of the reasons I bought it. This one has a DJR 25 under the dial, which is an ETA 2824-2 with a Dubois Depraz DD2020 chronograph module stacked on top of it. As a consequence the date complication is sacrificed. It's also not as thick as a 7750, a movement well-known for not being very thin. Operation is very much like other mechanical chronographs. Not too obvious in this photo, but if you look at the chrono pushers they're forward of the time setting crown. When you see that on a chrono it's a sure bet the chrono complication is a module stacked on top of the rest of the movement.

The black vertical line across the "2" at the "12" is the chrono seconds hand.

John
« Last Edit: April 25, 2018, 02:29:29 PM by jalind »
John

us Offline jalind

• No Life Club
Reply #197 on: April 26, 2018, 03:49:32 PM
Bulova Curacao 300m
(26j 28.8kbph Sellita SW200-1)

Made in 2009, this Curacao 300m was part of Bulova's Swiss Made Accutron line of mechanical watches, which have been renamed "Accu-Swiss" without the Accutron name or tuning fork logo on them. It was part of Bulova's marketing changes for the introduction of the Accutron II quartz watches with Precisionist movements.

Sellita, a Swiss mechanical movement manufacturer, made movement parts and assemblies under contract for ETA for many years. As ETA started shutting down movement sales to companies outside of the Swatch Group, Sellita started making complete movements with Sellita caliber numbers. The SW200 is an ETA 2824-2 clone, made on the same machines and lines that made 2824-2 parts for ETA, which in some cases are newer machines and tooling. Bulova began sourcing movements from Sellita with the shutting down of 2824-2 supply from ETA looming over them as have many other watch companies that had been buying movements from ETA.

John
« Last Edit: April 26, 2018, 04:00:01 PM by jalind »
John

us Offline jalind

• No Life Club
Reply #198 on: April 27, 2018, 02:42:29 PM
Grovana Coral Reef GMT:
(21j ETA 2893-2 GMT)

Grovana uses the Revue Thommen trademarks under license from Thommen, primarily an aviation instrument company, when Grovana took over their watch production in 2001. Revue Thommen is the brand label that they're much better known for and one of the oldest in Switzerland in continuous production. This is a traditional GMT with fourth hand rotating once ever 24 hours that can be adjusted independent of the three main timekeeping hands, and without hacking the watch. The bezel shows 1-24 for the fourth hand and can be rotated in either direction (as compared to unidirectional dive watch timing bezels). This ostensibly allows using two time zones, one for the three main hands and one for the fourth hand. Another time zone can be interpolated from the 1-12 hour indices by multiplying them by two for the fourth hand allowing three time zones by setting the main hands, then the 24-hour hand to an interpolated second hour setting, and then the bezel to a third hour setting. Green bezel rings on GMT watches such as this one has resulted in them be referred to as a Kermit model.

John
« Last Edit: April 27, 2018, 03:10:18 PM by jalind »
John

ie Offline McStitchy

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #199 on: April 28, 2018, 03:14:34 PM
Great watches and pics John  :tu:
I'm digging the Victorinox, Orient and Grovana very much  :drool:

pt Offline Ricardomfs

Reply #200 on: April 28, 2018, 09:30:22 PM
My birth year G :)

ie Offline McStitchy

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #201 on: April 28, 2018, 09:41:07 PM
My birth year G :)(Image removed from quote.)

:like:

I´ve got to get a DW-5600 at some point. It´s just perfect.

pt Offline Ricardomfs

Reply #202 on: April 28, 2018, 09:42:21 PM

For me this is even better a dw-5200 aka the hero :)

ie Offline McStitchy

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #203 on: April 28, 2018, 09:48:10 PM

For me this is even better a dw-5200 aka the hero :)

Metal case with screwed back???

us Offline jalind

• No Life Club
Reply #204 on: April 29, 2018, 01:20:17 AM
Great watches and pics John  :tu:
I'm digging the Victorinox, Orient and Grovana very much  :drool:

Thanks Matt

us Offline jalind

• No Life Club
Reply #205 on: April 29, 2018, 01:23:13 AM
My birth year G :) (Image removed from quote.)
:tu: 
I have an ancient Casio "Runner" and it's still "running"  ;)  after over 35 years. These Casio never die unless you take a sledge hammer to them.

John

us Offline jalind

• No Life Club
Reply #206 on: April 29, 2018, 04:52:05 PM
Saturday . . .
Rotary Mecanique:
(ETA 2804-2)

This is a very special limited edition, #39 of 700 total in this case color with this movement caliber. Rotary made six variants, four men's and two women's using the ETA 2804-2, Peseux (ETA) 7001 and ETA 2660. An ETA 2804-2 is an ETA 2824-2 without the autowind mechanism or hacking function. It's a pure hand-wind. The Peseux 7001 and ETA 2660 are also hand wind. Forget to wind them for a couple days and they stop.

Men's 38x38mm case:
700 ETA 2804-2 in plain stainless
700 ETA 2804-2 in gold stainless
400 Peseux 7001 in plain stainless
400 Peseux 7001 in gold stainless

Women's 29x29mm case:
400 ETA 2660 in plain stainless
400 ETA 2660 in gold stainless

The limited edition Mecanique features a true engine turned guilloche dial with real furnace blued hands. "Engine turned" means the dial pattern was cut into the metal dial using a hand-crank machine with a cutting bit and a set pattern that moves the bit similar to a spirograph. Portions of the cutting pattern are deeper than others giving it a depth as well. One can tell a true engine-turned guilloche from its 3-D depth and how light plays on the pattern, changing its appearance as the main lighting angle changes. The crystal is double-domed sapphire and the watch case itself is curved to fit the wrist.

While Rotary had its production Switzerland, its headquarters moved to London during the 1920's if I understood the history correctly (certainly no later than the beginning of WWII), making it a very British brand of Swiss Made watches, reinforced by the company making watches for the British military during the war. At the time of the great-grandson, Robert, taking over the company, it was not in the healthiest of financial conditions, suffering from low revenue like other brands.This limited edition Mecanique was also the Swan Song for the grandson of the company's founder, Moise Dreyfuss, just before the great-grandson took over. The great-grandson, Robert, shifted the market position significantly, introducing inexpensive designer style quart watches in an effort to attract a younger demographic. In spite of this, the Dreyfuss Group with Robert still at the helm, was bought by the China Haiden Holdings, now called Citychamp Watch & Jewellry Group headquartered in Hong Kong, with Robert remaining to run the Drefyuss Group now owned by the Hong Kong conglomerate. It followed a fate similar to Eterna and Corum which are also owned by Citychamp. The consequence has been a dilution of the brand. Only a few Rotary models are being made in Switzerland. Nearly all the others are being made in China with Miyota movements. Citychamp is marketing Rotary within China along with the other brands, leveraging on its historical brand recognition.

From what I understand it continues to be a popular, well recognized brand in the UK, having shifted its target market downscale into the realm of the department store jewelry department Seiko and Citizen quartz. Rotary is not what it once was but the Dreyfuss Group is apparently doing what it believes it needs to in order to survive. The demographics for prestige brand Swiss Made mechanical watches is an extremely tight niche market, a battle for which Rotary was losing when the great-grandson took over operating the company.

I haven't seen a used one of these in excellent condition for less than $1000 USD for some years now.

John
« Last Edit: April 29, 2018, 05:22:08 PM by jalind »
John

us Offline jalind

• No Life Club
Reply #207 on: April 29, 2018, 05:57:55 PM
Seiko Baby Tuna (modifed)
(SRP453; 4R36A)

One of my very few "dive" watches as it's normally not my style. Part of a 2013 unnumbered limited edition by Seiko, and only marketed in certain regions, this one is in blue and was made in June 2013. Had to scour the countryside to find one. They were scarce as hen's teeth and the "flippers" were reselling them for a small fortune. Found an obscure jeweler in Florida that's a Seiko dealer and a minimalist web site geared for advertising their presence locally and not trying to be much of an Internet retailer. They were willing to sell and ship, and the price was reasonably discounted from Seiko MSRP, so I bought it. I don't think the demographic of the store's clientele were clamoring for mechanical dive watches.

A true 200m dive watch, the case back has the Seiko tsunami wave, the Seiko trademark for their watches manufactured and tested to the ISO dive standard for their rated depth. It is called a "tuna" because of the case shroud to protect the timing ring and to some extent the crown, and up-armor the case itself. This one is modified from the original with a Yobokies stainless case shroud and a a Strapcode Endmill bracelet onto which I put a Seiko signed diving clasp (harvested from a Seiko Monster bracelet). Movement inside is the newer 24 jewel Seiko 4R36A with hand-wind and hacking, a movement family that is slowly displacing the aging 7S26/7S36 family.

It's referred to as a "baby tuna" as its 42mm case and 200m depth rating is smaller than Seiko's classic 48mm 300m Marinemaster Professional 300m "Tuna" and the enormous 54.5mm 1000m Marinemaster Professional "Tuna". Both of those have quartz movements and the latter sells for about $2700. Seiko pays homage to its own iconic watches while creating a true 200m diver in the process.

This is what the watch looked like new, with a molded somewhat pliable shroud and neoprene dive strap. Too blue for my taste and I don't care for the neoprene straps much. I replaced the shroud with a stainless steel one made by Yobokies in Hong Kong in limited quantities for a while specifically for these "baby tuna" watches. He specializes in performing mods and selling parts to mod Seiko watches. Replaced the rubber strap with the heavy steel "Endmill" bracelet from Strapcode. Had a clasp left over from a Seiko Monster bracelet that I had put onto another watch with a generic unsigned clasp as it wasn't a Seiko. It fit this one perfectly, an educated guess on my part from its specs.

These two photos give a better perspective of the "tuna can" shroud after replacing the Seiko's plastic one and the strap . . .

The tiny hex head screws hold the shroud onto the underlying stainless steel watch case. There's one more screw on the other side.

As with all Seiko dive watches, the lume is a magnificent beacon . . .

John
« Last Edit: April 29, 2018, 06:44:25 PM by jalind »
John

us Offline twiliter

• motionless wheel, nothing is real
Reply #208 on: April 30, 2018, 01:11:59 PM
Interesting watches John.  :like:

Is that Seiko diver heavy?

us Offline jalind

• No Life Club
Reply #209 on: April 30, 2018, 03:57:50 PM
Interesting watches John.  :like:

Is that Seiko diver heavy?
Thanks

As modified with the stainless steel shroud, and Strapcode Endmill bracelet sized for my wrist . . .
183.6 grams
That isn't lightweight, but it's not all that heavy for a mechanical diver. The watch heads on the larger "tuna" after which it's patterned are heavier.

By comparison working back up the WRUW . . .
Grovana GMT: 160.1 grams
Bulova Curacao: 184.0

The watch I'm wearing today is a Tissot T-Trend Quadrato mechanical chronograph with a 7750 inside. It's notably heavier as it's not only a 7750, it's also a square case which has much more steel than a round one of similar dimensions.

206.9 grams

By necessity a 7750 chrono case will be thick as the movement is tall.

John
« Last Edit: April 30, 2018, 04:07:08 PM by jalind »
John

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56