Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Ganzo G727 vs Ontario Rat1

ro Offline Corwyn

• No Life Club
Ganzo G727 vs Ontario Rat1
on: April 08, 2016, 08:20:20 AM
Sorry for the misleading title... I am asking someone else to do that...

I just got the Ganzo and it's ridiculously good...
So the knock-off has better steel (9cr18mov vs 8cr13mov), better lock-up (axis lock vs liner lock), nicer handle (ebony or G10 vs G10), costs about as much and the Ganzo locks up great, was packaged great and came in hair popping sharp...

Does anyone have both and can make a small comparison... to me it seems the knock-off is better throughout the board...  what am I missing? :think:
« Last Edit: April 08, 2016, 08:49:10 AM by Corwyn »
Corwyn of Multitool, the First of His name, King of Victorinox, King of Leatherman, Gerber and the First Generation SOG, Lord of the Seven Wrenches, Protector of the Forum, Khal of the Bushes, called Corwyn Toolborn, the Unsharpened, Father of SAKs.

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Re: Ganzo G727 vs Ontario Rat1
Reply #1 on: April 08, 2016, 08:28:07 AM
You can have a look at youtube

https://www.google.com.cy/search?q=G727&oq=G727&aqs=chrome..69i57j69i61&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#q=G727+Ontario+Rat1

Describing it, twice, as a knockoff does not really encourage anybody to say something positive in this thread, or admit that he has both.

I have neither.
Kelly: "Daddy, what makes men cheat on women?
Al : "Women!"

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

ro Offline Corwyn

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: April 08, 2016, 08:35:34 AM
Describing it, twice, as a knockoff does not really encourage anybody to say something positive in this thread, or admit that he has both.

I'll watch in the evening.. I must fake working now...

Well it is a knock-of... but the darned thing is amazing... I was blown away by it... I bought it on a whim, as I found it locally for 12 Euros shipped and figured it might look cool on a shelf... it took out the Spydie DF2 ZDP out of edc the second I opened the box...
I also got a SRM 7010 today and it is nice... but the Ganzo was jawdropping (and I sold my Ganzo multis long time ago (Chinese = junk amirite?)...
Corwyn of Multitool, the First of His name, King of Victorinox, King of Leatherman, Gerber and the First Generation SOG, Lord of the Seven Wrenches, Protector of the Forum, Khal of the Bushes, called Corwyn Toolborn, the Unsharpened, Father of SAKs.

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #3 on: April 08, 2016, 08:51:34 AM
Ganzo knife quality has come a long way, in the past few years, though their multitools seemed to have stayed the same. I have been using my latest one as hard as I can justify and it is a solid knife. The steel is not very hard, but it is easy to sharpen (feels like SAK steel, rather than 440C)

Kelly: "Daddy, what makes men cheat on women?
Al : "Women!"

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

ro Offline Corwyn

• No Life Club
Reply #4 on: April 08, 2016, 09:08:18 AM
Okie.. I didn't understand anything.. I am Russian-impaired  :D
I can tell you though that my blade doesn't wiggle like in the video...

za Offline shark_za

• No Life Club
  • woes oke
Reply #5 on: April 09, 2016, 06:29:15 PM
The Taiwanese RAT 1 uses Japanese AUS8 steel that seems to be a little better than 8Cr13. The liner lock is plenty strong for purpose; the D2 RAT is destined to be my outdoor folder

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD