Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Smart Home devices 4183

Administrator Zombie Apprentice Posts: 12,073 I am geek, hear me code
Re: Smart Home devices
« Reply #240 on: June 11, 2019, 12:59:25 PM »
Having mostly only used Amazon's app, yes it's a bit of a PITA.

I have it installed on my sofa tablet, and initially was hoping all my amazon stuff would play nicely together.

My firetv stick is basic, which has no voice support, and to add insult to injury, does not connect with the dot.

Also I haven't really had much luck trying to add apps to the firetv using either my tablet or desktop, only using the Fire Tv itself which without voice is an epic PITA to navigate the "amazon apps store" Most of the apps I have tried are useless in Spain, which makes me wonder why they show them to begin with. Finding the relevant android apps such as local tv streaming apps is sometimes easier to do externally. Seriously how hard can it be to add "send to device" support like you can with the play store, especially when devices are linked to the amazon account  :facepalm:

I mainly only use the Fire Tv for 2 things at the moment, running prime video, or kodi which I had no problem getting installed and running. The Fire Tv basic does seem to have CEC built in so I can use the tv remote to control it, and also allows me to use bluetooth headphones when using either of those apps (but not with regular TV obviously, since our TV does not have bluetooth integrated).

I have yet to do anything with the smart switches I picked up, mainly because I would like to set it up so that both the manual switch and the smart switch can toggle lights, and it's a little more complex to setup.

Listen to our Metal Radio Show: https://www.mixcloud.com/sexto9
Global Moderator Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 7,069
« Reply #241 on: July 16, 2019, 03:48:24 PM »
I made the most of amazon prime day, sadly the deals were only 2 per customer.  I treated myself to an updated my firestick, I have the gen 1 stick so now have the 4K one on the way while they were 50% off, and also got one for an xmas present for my neice.

I also got a couple of dot 3's for xmas presents while they were at £20 instead of £49.99, and got another one in a bundle with an amazon smart plug for £31 instead of £74.98 that it should have been.

That's half my xmas shopping done already  :rofl:
Administrator Zombie Apprentice Posts: 12,073 I am geek, hear me code
« Reply #242 on: July 17, 2019, 08:45:56 PM »
Well since I'm abroad I didn't get anything. Barely looked tbh, but there were some good opportunities I suppose

Listen to our Metal Radio Show: https://www.mixcloud.com/sexto9
Global Moderator Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 7,069
« Reply #243 on: July 18, 2019, 03:12:15 PM »
Yeah there were.  They limited them all to 2 per customer this time though as it got silly with delivery lead time on them last time.  I was less than impressed with the delivery of one parcel that was left in my flower bed because no one was home  :twak:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
July Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Jul 31
Total Receipts: $391.00
PayPal Fees: $22.72
Net Balance: $368.28
Above Goal: $68.28
Site Currency: USD
123%